Sleep of Death (SOD) Issue Thread

24th August 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 221

523 posts
More
I have encountered this problem on essentially every ROM after ICS. A discussion might weed out the culprit that is causing this issue.

If you have any information to share, please post it here, so we can finally solve this dreaded issue.
25th August 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

523 posts
More
So after doing some scouring, one solution was to boot into WebOS, run Tailor, and check the filesystems. I found that one of my Touchpads had a filesystem error, so I ran the check twice, and it seemed to have remedied. After booting back into PAC-MAN 4.4.4, I did not experience any SOD issues. So far so good, I'll keep this thread updated if they happen again.
26th August 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,369

182 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffMcBigHuge

So after doing some scouring, one solution was to boot into WebOS, run Tailor, and check the filesystems. I found that one of my Touchpads had a filesystem error, so I ran the check twice, and it seemed to have remedied. After booting back into PAC-MAN 4.4.4, I did not experience any SOD issues. So far so good, I'll keep this thread updated if they happen again.

BTW, you can also check/repair the filesystems with Touchpad Toolbox via "Repair Android Volumes".
The Following User Says Thank You to jcsullins For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Same issue
I have this issue where I shut down and have a heck of a time getting my tablet to boot back up. Is that linked to SOD? I have that issue too.

I'm running the CM11 6/25 Snapshot 4.4.4.
Last edited by unturned_stone; 27th August 2014 at 02:38 AM. Reason: grammar
28th August 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

523 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unturned_stone

I have this issue where I shut down and have a heck of a time getting my tablet to boot back up. Is that linked to SOD? I have that issue too.

I'm running the CM11 6/25 Snapshot 4.4.4.

Why would you shut down your tablet? And if you're on ART, boot time is increased.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread