Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 49,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to downgrade HTC 8S Preview 8.1 to 8?

Tip us?
 
Kami Look
Old
#1  
Kami Look's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shiraz
Default [Q] How to downgrade HTC 8S Preview 8.1 to 8?

Hi
Is any way to downgrade htc 8s preview WP 8.1 to 8?
 
anaheiim
Old
#2  
anaheiim's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 876
Posts: 1,265
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Marseille

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami Look View Post
Hi
Is any way to downgrade htc 8s preview WP 8.1 to 8?
Hi,

Use http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2195035

The Following User Says Thank You to anaheiim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Degetel
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2013
But care when you do the downgrade cuz you have to use the good rom for this (Europe or Rus) otherwise you will brick your phone. I just downgraded my HTC 8s from 8.1 DP to 8.0 and it worked!

1. Copy UEFI_signed.nbh to sdcard
2. Rename UEFI_signed.nbh to RIOUDIAG.nbh
3. Turn the phone off and put sdcard into the phone
4. While holding Volume down - camera buttons press power button
5. Wait until flashing is finished
6. Copy RUU_signed.nbh to sdcard and rename it to RIOUDIAG.nbh
7. Turn the phone off and put sdcard into the phone
8. While holding Volume down - camera buttons press power button
9. Wait until flashing is finished than reboot phone

Thats It

I have tried 2 ROMs.
1. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_Europe_1.04.401.03_1.11b.3054 .25_10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
Catala, dansk, Deutsch, English, espanol, francais, italiano, Nederlands, norsk, portugues, suomi, svenska, Turkce, arabic

2. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_RUS_1.04.411.03_1.11b.3054.25 _10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
čeština, eesti, hrvatski, latviešu, lietuviu, magyar, polski, romana, slovenčina, slovenski, srpski, greek, belaruskaja, bulgarski, kazak, russkij, ukrajinska, arabic
The Following User Says Thank You to Degetel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kami Look
Old
(Last edited by Kami Look; 17th August 2014 at 09:11 PM.)
#4  
Kami Look's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shiraz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degetel View Post
But care when you do the downgrade cuz you have to use the good rom for this (Europe or Rus) otherwise you will brick your phone. I just downgraded my HTC 8s from 8.1 DP to 8.0 and it worked!

1. Copy UEFI_signed.nbh to sdcard
2. Rename UEFI_signed.nbh to RIOUDIAG.nbh
3. Turn the phone off and put sdcard into the phone
4. While holding Volume down - camera buttons press power button
5. Wait until flashing is finished
6. Copy RUU_signed.nbh to sdcard and rename it to RIOUDIAG.nbh
7. Turn the phone off and put sdcard into the phone
8. While holding Volume down - camera buttons press power button
9. Wait until flashing is finished than reboot phone

Thats It

I have tried 2 ROMs.
1. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_Europe_1.04.401.03_1.11b.3054 .25_10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
Catala, dansk, Deutsch, English, espanol, francais, italiano, Nederlands, norsk, portugues, suomi, svenska, Turkce, arabic

2. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_RUS_1.04.411.03_1.11b.3054.25 _10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
čeština, eesti, hrvatski, latviešu, lietuviu, magyar, polski, romana, slovenčina, slovenski, srpski, greek, belaruskaja, bulgarski, kazak, russkij, ukrajinska, arabic
tnx dude
i have RUU 401
also preview 8.1 is so cool and i have no problem with that
although the official 8.1 be released i will downgrade my phone
 
Degetel
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami Look View Post
tnx dude
i have Rus rom 401
also preview 8.1 is so cool and i have no problem with that
although the official 8.1 be released i will downgrade my phone
There's no information for htc 8s that will receive 8.1 but with DP program next week you will receive windows phone 8.1 update 1 (GDR1) which will come with some new features. My opinion is to wait until they will release the official update for windows phone 8.1 and then downgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to Degetel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kami Look
Old
#6  
Kami Look's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shiraz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degetel View Post
There's no information for htc 8s that will receive 8.1 but with DP program next week you will receive windows phone 8.1 update 1 (GDR1) which will come with some new features. My opinion is to wait until they will release the official update for windows phone 8.1 and then downgrade.
tnx for information
8.1 gdr1 should be released in the same week...
I have DP program and I'll be sure to update it and when the official update 8.1 released for HTC,i'll downgrade to 8
tnx body
 
nikiu
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 74
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tirane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degetel View Post
But care when you do the downgrade cuz you have to use the good rom for this (Europe or Rus) otherwise you will brick your phone. I just downgraded my HTC 8s from 8.1 DP to 8.0 and it worked!

1. Copy UEFI_signed.nbh to sdcard
2. Rename UEFI_signed.nbh to RIOUDIAG.nbh
3. Turn the phone off and put sdcard into the phone
4. While holding Volume down - camera buttons press power button
5. Wait until flashing is finished
6. Copy RUU_signed.nbh to sdcard and rename it to RIOUDIAG.nbh
7. Turn the phone off and put sdcard into the phone
8. While holding Volume down - camera buttons press power button
9. Wait until flashing is finished than reboot phone

Thats It

I have tried 2 ROMs.
1. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_Europe_1.04.401.03_1.11b.3054 .25_10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
Catala, dansk, Deutsch, English, espanol, francais, italiano, Nederlands, norsk, portugues, suomi, svenska, Turkce, arabic

2. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_RUS_1.04.411.03_1.11b.3054.25 _10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
čeština, eesti, hrvatski, latviešu, lietuviu, magyar, polski, romana, slovenčina, slovenski, srpski, greek, belaruskaja, bulgarski, kazak, russkij, ukrajinska, arabic
Would this add English US as Phone Language (to enable Cortana)?
HTC Veteran since Orange SPV
HTC Canary, HTC Typhoon, HTC Hurricane, HTC Vox, HTC Wings, HTC Tattoo, HTC 8S
The Following User Says Thank You to nikiu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Degetel
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikiu View Post
Would this add English US as Phone Language (to enable Cortana)?
I think that you will need "American ROM" for that. On my phone i have 2. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_RUS_1.04.411.03_1.11b.3054.25 _10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE and it has English UK as default language.
The Following User Says Thank You to Degetel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
amir323b
Old
#9  
amir323b's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 81
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Malayer
.
but what about downgrade for 8x ?

The Following User Says Thank You to amir323b For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes