[Q] 8S windows 8.1

OP luka.kopricanec

15th October 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Sup guys,

Recently I got HTC 8s and as I like to explore, I found out that our HTC doesn't support win 8.1 but you can install it without a problem with app preview for developers, so I installed myself 8.1. Personally for me, it's seems to be good, but I think that battery got worse. Maybe it discharge 10% or less faster, but, I'm not quite sure. What do you think about installing win 8.1 on our HTC? What's your opinion and experience?

Also, is it good to install higher windows if it's not released for our phone? I remember how I installed some CM mods on my android phone. I could have at most 2.3 but I went so high with 4.2.2 and phone was so forced. It's definitely not good to install higher software than it's released. So is it same thing with Windows Phone? I want to hear your experience and opinion about win 8.1 on HTC 8s and other phones that supports only win 8.

*edit*
Btw. can also someone explain to me what is ''battery tool''? I'm very confused.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2107294
Last edited by luka.kopricanec; 15th October 2014 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Forgot to add...
23rd October 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Since everyone is ashamed to write your opinion, I'll break the ice for you and write my first experience on Win 8.1 on HTC 8S

So, since I came from android to WP and was get used on android, I first noticed how on WP you can't toggle notification bar and see shortcuts for wifi, mobile networks... In win 8.1 is that thing fixed. You can easily slide down from upper side of screen down and you'll get notification screen and shortcuts. It's really easy to set it up and you don't have to do boring steps, open wifi menu, turn off wifi and it automatically it connects to network. On win 8.1 when you scroll down notification bar, you can just tap on wifi icon and it automatically connects to saved network, just like on android. One big + for win 8.1 in compare with win 8. Also, as I said how I came from android. Android has a big problem with lag. If you install bunch of apps, your phone will be slow and will lag like it's 10 years old, unbelievable. Just can't get over it. Since I moved to WP I have not experienced any lag what's really awesome. Also one big + for WP.

Battery life on win 8.1 for me is really great. I don't use my phone a lot. Maybe few times on day for about 10-20 mins. In whole day it would be 1-2h and my day ends with only 20% less battery. Which is really great for me. I don't have to charge every day phone. I charge it every 3 days.

But it would not be all so perfect, I noticed one bug. It's not a big deal. Battery saver. Battery saver should be app that saves battery on your phone, but what a hell is it doing on this phone? It turns off notifications, sync and apps for what? It doesn't really saves battery when it's turned on. In a fact even more consuming battery. Wtf? Also, I left Battery saver turned on all the time and charging was also messed up. My phone charged to 100% in few hours and few mins later it drops from 100% to 84-83%. I really don't know what's the problem with that app. Also, my advice is that you forget about that battery saver. Just leave it off, you'll have even more battery juice when app is off than when it's on.

So, yes. This is my experience on 8.1 with HTC 8s. I'm really satisfied with this phone, even more. Really surprised with windows phone. I really recommend Windows Phone to everyone who's annoyed with lag and bad battery life on other phones.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc 8s, perview for d, windows 8.1
Previous Thread Next Thread