Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] (URGENT)PLEASE HELP I dun goofed with my Aria.

OP ThaBoss000

4th September 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So yesterday I had my Aria in my pocket and I guess the power button got nudged and the screen turned on, lo and behold I pull my phone out of my pocket to find the lovely words written on the screen that too many pattern attempts have been attempted and that the device is locked. Only problem is I use this phone for everything but the phone function, I don't even have a sim in there. So with WiFi off, and no mobile network I was stuck for a bit. But then I finally sat down with it and luckily I had kept USB debugging on so I used adb to hack it. And that is where my urgent problem starts. After finally unlocking it I decided to might as well upgrade it, it was running 2.0.2 I believe Liberated ROM with CWM. So I started browsing around because I haven't really worked with this phone before all that much, I ended up reflashing to stock rom and then was going to use a nifty tool to get my hboot to 1.02, well it worked, the nifty tool flashed my hboot alright, along with my ROM and everything else there was. I am now stuck with a brick, the phone goes to the boot logo and then reboots... over and over and over until I pull the battery. I was charging the phone the whole time while working on it and after the tool was done flashing the hboot I unplugged the phone and a long list of errors ran down the screen of files that the OS was missing. I can get into fastboot, haven't had luck with any reflashs, adb is dud (while in recovery computer recognizes the adb connection but adb only lists the device as inactive. Ever since I lost my Inspire 4G this was my only working mobile device. If you have any tips tricks or clues as to how or if it is possible to come back from this destruction I am all ears.
Thank you in advance
4th September 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
To clarify a bit further, the part that screwed me was the Upgrade HTC Gratia HBOOT for AlpharevX S-OFF tool. It was chugging along just fine up until the very end. The original sites listed for making a gold card are all dead but I managed to find a working one. Now I am trying to figure out what went wrong and why.
LIBERTY PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.02.0000
MICROP-031b
TOUCH PANEL-STN21_03
RADIO-7.13.35.13
Nov 4 2010,23:12:58
The time and date are frozen
5th September 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 962

2,453 posts
More
First you should S-OFF your phone with revolutionary. Then you need to flash a working recovery image and reflash ROM from there. Should work. If this still doesn't work, flash a modified hboot from the Development forum and see if you have any luck with that...
9th September 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

First you should S-OFF your phone with revolutionary. Then you need to flash a working recovery image and reflash ROM from there. Should work. If this still doesn't work, flash a modified hboot from the Development forum and see if you have any luck with that...

I cannot get revolutionary to find the device, the system version is 2.37.709.11 and I cannot do anything, if I try flashing anything the sig verification always fails.
(EDIT: Well I got lucky, found an asian RUU with same version, reflashed phone, S-Off, flashed unofficial CWM recovery and unofficial cyanogen 11.)
Last edited by ThaBoss000; 9th September 2014 at 06:53 AM.
9th September 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #5  

10 posts
The problem I was having with revolutionary not recognizing the device was because my hboot version was too old (0.57). I used this AT&T Update package to get back to stock 2.2 and revolutionary worked straight away.

HTC_Aria_for_ATT_Android_2.2_ROM_Update.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mc...ROM_Update.exe
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread