[ROM][5.0.1] Lollipop GPE for Butterfly S | v2.0.0 |

Search This thread

bita

Aug 30, 2007
I have repeatedly install and reinstall the V2, but not until I unintentionally remove external SD Card that I got the "Status Bar"
Physically taking out external SD card before start flashing ROM bring me the Status Bar.
Seemingly to me, the ROM wrongly installed itself into SD Card, instead of the main memory. When I did flashing ROM with presence of the card. There was no any folder in the main memory.

Only draw back for now is lack of Backlignt for the three buttons.
Cheers

Rain59rus

Jul 9, 2013
Пермь
lxp.perm.ru
Flashed and all is good
My Installation Method :
1. In Recovery Choose Wipe>Advanced Wipe ( Check System, Data, Cache, & Dalvik ) and swipe too confirm.
2. Go back and choose a standard factory reset from Wipe Menu
3. Flash GPE.zip , and within aroma choose full wipe
4. After Flash Reboot device to boot loader and flash boot.img that's found within GPE.zip
5. Boot Device.
6. Just skip through setup 1st
7. After boot you may return to recovery and flash sdfix.zip and boot Rom again.

These are the steps I took and have had zero issues with the Rom.
weird, but I did not help, the same problem =((

Poll :
Make A Insertcoin GPE LP?
Or be done with GPE custom Rom?
Do not quite understand what the difference is, the main thing that the project developed!))

Reactions: skythunder83

Rain59rus

Jul 9, 2013
Пермь
lxp.perm.ru
I re-flashed the firmware 4.10.708.1
then flashed CWM 6.0.4.4 for butterfly s, and made it a full wipe
then reboot into bootloader and flashed TWRP 2.8.4.0
in TWRP2.8.4.0 I did a wipe on your instruction twice because the first time there were mistakes (probably because of the wipe in CWM)
I installed the ROM with the national total wipe, missed all of the initial settings, then reboot into fastboot and flashed boot.img
Then load the ROM and I did not see those mistakes that I had had with the first flashed rom!!

mdpgc

Aug 22, 2010
DC-MDPGC-DMV
I re-flashed the firmware 4.10.708.1
then flashed CWM 6.0.4.4 for butterfly s, and made it a full wipe
then reboot into bootloader and flashed TWRP 2.8.4.0
in TWRP2.8.4.0 I did a wipe on your instruction twice because the first time there were mistakes (probably because of the wipe in CWM)
I installed the ROM with the national total wipe, missed all of the initial settings, then reboot into fastboot and flashed boot.img
Then load the ROM and I did not see those mistakes that I had had with the first flashed rom!!

Glad to hear it installed and you have no problems...Whatever works for you...is cool. I personally didn't have to jump through as many hoops as you did to get the ROM installed on my phone, but like I said before whatever works for you!

AgoeZ

Mar 28, 2011
Jakarta

Dear Ms.
Could you take a look for HTC Sense TV app. I'm still having problem "unfortunately CIRModule has stopped" just like previous ROM when adding my Sony TV into remote app which works perfectly on Sense ROM.

Since M7 lollipop GPE user could use the same app, I'm wondering does it also needed kernel support?

Thanks before. :)

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
Dear Ms.
Could you take a look for HTC Sense TV app. I'm still having problem "unfortunately CIRModule has stopped" just like previous ROM when adding my Sony TV into remote app which works perfectly on Sense ROM.

Since M7 lollipop GPE user could use the same app, I'm wondering does it also needed kernel support?

Thanks before. :)

Most likely both sense and gpe where ported the same way and it works on sense but not gpe. It has to be kernel... Have you tried v2 kernel.

AgoeZ

Mar 28, 2011
Jakarta
Most likely both sense and gpe where ported the same way and it works on sense but not gpe. It has to be kernel... Have you tried v2 kernel.

Yes, I have tried v2 kernel. It gave same result. CIRModule has stopped. I will try with another remote app if it can help.

pramet

Dec 18, 2009
Cucuta
Saludos a todos, triste ya que intente de todas las formas esta rom y me fue imposible hacerla funcionar de forma correcta. Dejo las fotos de los fallos. Esperando otra nueva versión.
Fallos:
Barra superior no aparece.
Camara no funciona.
No deja instalar aplicaciones.
Botón inicio no funciona.
Datos Lte no funciona.

He leído todo el post y otros post buscando solución y nada :( .

Greetings all, sad as all forms try this rom and I could not make it work properly. Leave the pictures of faults. Waiting for a new version.

faults:
Top bar does not appear.
Camara not work.
Do not let me install applications.
Home button does not work.
Data Lte not work.

I read the entire post and other post looking solution and nothing :(.

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
Saludos a todos, triste ya que intente de todas las formas esta rom y me fue imposible hacerla funcionar de forma correcta. Dejo las fotos de los fallos. Esperando otra nueva versión.
Fallos:
Barra superior no aparece.
Camara no funciona.
No deja instalar aplicaciones.
Botón inicio no funciona.
Datos Lte no funciona.

He leído todo el post y otros post buscando solución y nada :( .

Greetings all, sad as all forms try this rom and I could not make it work properly. Leave the pictures of faults. Waiting for a new version.

faults:
Top bar does not appear.
Camara not work.
Do not let me install applications.
Home button does not work.
Data Lte not work.

I read the entire post and other post looking solution and nothing :(.
Okay before blaming the rom please answer these questions.

Bootloader information ?
Twrp version?
Model version ( 901e or 901s or 9060 ) ?

I test my roms before each release and I even had it sent to my beta team and they had no issues.

They updated their firmware, on my latest twrp.

pramet

Dec 18, 2009
Cucuta
Gracias por contestar, Htc butterfly s.
Modelo 901S
Hboot 1.57
radio 4T.27.3218.14
openDSP v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.10.708.1
Twrp recovery v.2.8.4.0

Flash .img , full wipe, flash sdfix. Descargado varias veces y probado en varios pc.
También baje recovery a cwm y full wipe , después actualizar a twrp 2.8.4.0 y tampoco.

También sin flash .img, directamente desde la memoria del celular , desde la sd, mejor dicho he hecho de todo que ya no se que hacer. Depronto sepan que estoy realizando mal ustedes que tienen la experiencia con ello. Muy agradecido por su atención.

Thanks for answering, Htc butterfly s.
Mod 901S
hboot 1.57
Radio 4T.27.3218.14
OpenDSP v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.10.708.1
TWRP recovery v.2.8.4.0

Flash .img, full wipe, flash SDFix. Downloaded several times and tested on several pc.
Also down to cwm recovery and full wipe, then upgrade to 2.8.4.0, nor TWRP.

Also without flash .img, directly from the memory cell, from sd, rather I have done everything that can no longer be done. You know I'm doing wrong you who have experience with it. Very grateful for your attention.

Last edited:

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
Gracias por contestar, Htc butterfly s.
Modelo 901S
Hboot 1.57
radio 4T.27.3218.14
openDSP v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.10.708.1
Twrp recovery v.2.8.4.0

Flash .img , full wipe, flash sdfix. Descargado varias veces y probado en varios pc.
También baje recovery a cwm y full wipe , después actualizar a twrp 2.8.4.0 y tampoco.

También sin flash .img, directamente desde la memoria del celular , desde la sd, mejor dicho he hecho de todo que ya no se que hacer. Depronto sepan que estoy realizando mal ustedes que tienen la experiencia con ello. Muy agradecido por su atención.

Thanks for answering, Htc butterfly s.
Mod 901S
hboot 1.57
Radio 4T.27.3218.14
OpenDSP v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.10.708.1
TWRP recovery v.2.8.4.0

Flash .img, full wipe, flash SDFix. Downloaded several times and tested on several pc.
Also down to cwm recovery and full wipe, then upgrade to 2.8.4.0, nor TWRP.

Also without flash .img, directly from the memory cell, from sd, rather I have done everything that can no longer be done. You know I'm doing wrong you who have experience with it. Very grateful for your attention.
Are you SuperCID? S-Off or S-On? Also if you ain't S-Off, then your only option is Sunshine S-Off , once you complete that please reflash the latest firmware for our device. Then try flashing the rom and the fix with TWRP 2.8.5.0 ( but always do a full wipe ( system, data, dalvik , cache )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The First Lollipop GPE Rom for HTC Butterfly S
    By : xXminiWHOOPERxX & Matri}{

USE THIS RECOVERY.!!!! Thanks - jmz

Screenshots :
    8b8640f0d71fabc7851041e49ddaeea3.jpg
    3af77c5556312489132e265af4293309.jpg
    0f3dd2712ad194ada72bbcd09a5e725f.jpg
    b101a19568158161da710c0769977e70.jpg

Whats Working
    - Everything

Whats Broke :
    - Nothing

Changelog :

v2.0.0
    - Added Google App Removal To Aroma
    - Added Marti}{ Latest Kernel
    - Fixed WiFi Hotsdpot ( I Hope xD )

v1.0.0
    - Initial Release

Download :
    Copy v2.0.0
    SDCardFix.zip

Questions & Answers

1. Q. My camera doesn't want to take pictures due to insufficient permissions and I don't see my files, what should I do?
    A. Probably you wiped your internal storage with twrp recovery in the past. Install Terminal Emulator program out of Google play. Execute this command

1. su
    2. restorecon -FR /data/media/0

Credits :
    - m7 community for stock lollipop GPE rom
    - @Matri}{ - For Being One of The Best Developers Here In This Community And Providing This Lovely Kernel... Without him we wouldnt have any of this. so be sure to thank him
    - @mdpgc - for providing a mirror of the ROM.

Donations :
    PayPal
    Hello, boys and girls!)

The kernel used in this ROM is in beta stage and should be used for testing only!
    Release version will be published soon after testing in a dedicated thread with all standard custom-kernel functions (dt2w, s2w etc)

Cheers
    Attention to users : InsertCoin GPE is near release.. a lot of work went into this so I hope users enjoy.
    Installing manual:
    Make a backup before action (TWRP backup, external sd card)
    Need Latest Firmware (highly desirable)
    to all (s-on & s-off devices):
    1. Flash recovery (1 post).
    reboot to bootloader
    - fastboot erase cache
    - fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    - fastboot reboot-bootloader
    2. Enter to recovery
    3. ALWAYS !
    Wipe -- Advanced Wipe -- Check Cache, Dalvik, Data, Internal Storage.
    4. Back to main menu recovery.
    5. Install Rom -- Select ROM -- Install
    6. For S-OFF devices -- check reboot in Aroma Installer and Reboot
    6.1 For S-On Devices -- uncheck reboot -- back to recovery main menu -- reboot -- reboot bootloader
    6.1.1. Commands:
    - fastboot erase cache
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - fastboot reboot-bootloader
    check reboot .
    End.:)
    WIPE commands erases all data from internal storage ! In advance , make a backup copy of your data .
    Without full wipe firmware not start.
    Let me be the first to thank you guys for this ROM....