Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

fix for memory problem install apps directly to sd

Tip us?
 
tawfik badawi
Old
(Last edited by tawfik badawi; 8th September 2014 at 04:56 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jun 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Default fix for memory problem install apps directly to sd

1-install lucky patcher frome attachments (this app need root ).
2-in the app go to tools>>>set install location>>>install on sd>>> reboot
3-you will find that all the apps will become movable to sd and when you install any app from the market it will install directly to sd
its just like when you use ADB to set install location 2 but the easy way (the noob way)

if i helped you hit thanks (that the reason of its creation)
Attached Files
File Type: apk Lucky Patcher v4.5.7.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.90 MB, 18 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tawfik badawi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mohabmoka
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 106
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: giza
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfik badawi View Post
1-install lucky patcher frome attachments (this app need root ).
2-in the app go to tools>>>set install location>>>install on sd>>> reboot
3-you will find that all the apps will become movable to sd and when you install any app from the market it will install directly to sd
its the just like when you use ADB to sen install location 2 but the easy way (the noob way)

if i helped you hit thanks (that the reason of its creation)
i tried this way , not worked ! , aslo tried with link2sd install location and with system cleanup , all of them didnt work :S
 
tawfik badawi
Old
(Last edited by tawfik badawi; 5th September 2014 at 11:38 PM.)
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jun 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohabmoka View Post
i tried this way , not worked ! , aslo tried with link2sd install location and with system cleanup , all of them didnt work :S
Hmm . What is your kernel version ?
Are you sure you are rooted ?
Do you have ext2 on your SD ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tawfik badawi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mohabmoka
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 106
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: giza
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfik badawi View Post
Hmm . What is your kernel version ?
Are you sure you are rooted ?
Do you have ext2 on your SD ?
YUPE SURE I'm rooted ! i have full root access and i can use all root apps , yes with ext3 ..
 
tawfik badawi
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jun 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohabmoka View Post
YUPE SURE I'm rooted ! i have full root access and i can use all root apps , yes with ext3 ..
then i think you are using cm?
The Following User Says Thank You to tawfik badawi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mohabmoka
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 106
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: giza
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfik badawi View Post
then i think you are using cm?
no stock rom , 2.3.5
 
tawfik badawi
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jun 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohabmoka View Post
no stock rom , 2.3.5
ok then you have to try:
1- try to download an app from google play but not just any app EX: a widget and tell me if you get in the sitting an option to move this app to your sd.
2-if you don't have busybox download it and try again.
3- if it doesn't work i will post soon a rom for chacha that should support moving apps to sd
The Following User Says Thank You to tawfik badawi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mohabmoka
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 106
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: giza
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfik badawi View Post
ok then you have to try:
1- try to download an app from google play but not just any app EX: a widget and tell me if you get in the sitting an option to move this app to your sd.
2-if you don't have busybox download it and try again.
3- if it doesn't work i will post soon a rom for chacha that should support moving apps to sd
some of small apps installed on sd when i dowload It , and others installed on the internal , but at all i have the option to move apps to sd , but i want apps to be downloaded directly to sd card , i tried install location in many apps but it failed , really? are you going to port a rom for chacha ? which android vertion ?
can you give me busybox for chacha?

thanks in advance
 
tawfik badawi
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jun 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohabmoka View Post
some of small apps installed on sd when i dowload It , and others installed on the internal , but at all i have the option to move apps to sd , but i want apps to be downloaded directly to sd card , i tried install location in many apps but it failed , really? are you going to port a rom for chacha ? which android vertion ?
can you give me busybox for chacha?

thanks in advance
If you are getting an option for moving apps to your SD [widgets] that should mean it worked ... Some apps will be installed directly to your SD and others will not [I don't know why ] even if you used adb you will get the exact same result .
And for the Rom it will be 2.3.5 but with a lot of new features and new notification bar
However some developers are working on the kernel of the ics version and as some as the front cam will be fixed I will port the same Rom to kitkat or ics

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tawfik badawi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes