Lines From--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1255107
Everythings for ChaCha
Step 1: Go to This Link and Unlock your device With HTCDev Unlock Method. Don't forget to click thanks.
Download the attachments
- Extract PH06IMG.zip in the folder you used for HTCDev Unlock.
- recovery.img should appear there.
- Hold CTRL+Shift and right click in that Folder and open Command Prompt
- Go to Step 3
- Go to Settings -> Power -> Uncheck Fast boot
- Turn off your phone
- Press and hold Volume Down button and press Power button
- Select Use Volume keys to highlight FASTBOOT
- Press Power Button
- After you're in FASTBOOT connect your phone with your PC
- Go to Command Prompt you opened in Step 2
- Type: adb devices
- If you get your device listed there, you are going the right way then
- Type: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Done now you have Clock WorkMod Recovery Installed in your phone.
- Put su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip in your SD Card.
- Perform 3 Sub steps in Step 3 again.
- Hightlight recovery and select with Power button.
- Select: Install zip from SD Card
- Locate su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip press enter
- Hightlight Yes and press enter.
- Congrats You have rooted Your Phone Successfully.
All these things are collected from HTC Chacha Section. I do not take the credit. I just collected the data and defined it in a simple way.
B'cuz when i first tried to Root my HTC ChaCha which came with S-ON. I disappointed to see that S-ON is impossible without XTC Clip. But then tried out many things and finally found out that way to root HTC Chacha S-ON..
To Install Custom ROMs refer to this thread please.
If u like my thread, Please click thanks..
SU Binary Updated, So, Download the new su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip file onwards from the link below.
Thanks to Member CanYouSmell