Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] HTC Chacha not detecting SD card

OP abhijaypatne

25th June 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
My phone is unable to detect my SD card, details are as following:

1] I tried with two cards, one 4GB class2 card and 32GB class10 UHS-I card. Both cards were working fine before I messed up. (Scroll down to see what I did)
2] Both cards work fine on other phones (Lumia720, lenovo P780) and in my laptop when I connect them using card reader.
3] Other cards work fine in my phone. (Cards from Lumia720, lenovo P780)
4] Phone detects above memory cards (4GB, class2 card, 32GB class10 UHS-I) in Recovery menu. (I browsed it when I was trying to "install zip from sd card". And I could browse the entire sd card with no problem.)
5] In ES File explorer it says "SD card unmounted or not present". In "SD & phone storage", it says "Total space: unavailable", "Available Space: Unavailable". In camera app, it says "Please insert an SD card".
6] "fastboot oem enableqxdm 0" is not working.

Here's what I did:

Everything was going smoothly.
1] 4GB card was in the phone, I did hard factory reset without unmounting the card. When I rebooted, above error occurred (SD card unmounted or not present).
2] I bought a new 32GB card, it was working fine in the phone.
3] While 32 GB card was inside phone: I installed "Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed" using "install zip from sd card" menu in "recovery" mode. When I rebooted above error occurred (For 32GB card).
4] I inserted previous 4GB card, it got detected and was working fine.
5] I did hard factory reset without unmounting the 4GB card. When I rebooted, above error occurred (with 4GB card).
Now both cards have above problem (SD card unmounted or not present).

Very strange problem. Will be glad to hear solution.

Thanx well in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to abhijaypatne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag GIZA
Thanks Meter: 11
 
121 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijaypatne

My phone is unable to detect my SD card, details are as following:

1] I tried with two cards, one 4GB class2 card and 32GB class10 UHS-I card. Both cards were working fine before I messed up. (Scroll down to see what I did)
2] Both cards work fine on other phones (Lumia720, lenovo P780) and in my laptop when I connect them using card reader.
3] Other cards work fine in my phone. (Cards from Lumia720, lenovo P780)
4] Phone detects above memory cards (4GB, class2 card, 32GB class10 UHS-I) in Recovery menu. (I browsed it when I was trying to "install zip from sd card". And I could browse the entire sd card with no problem.)
5] In ES File explorer it says "SD card unmounted or not present". In "SD & phone storage", it says "Total space: unavailable", "Available Space: Unavailable". In camera app, it says "Please insert an SD card".
6] "fastboot oem enableqxdm 0" is not working.

Here's what I did:

Everything was going smoothly.
1] 4GB card was in the phone, I did hard factory reset without unmounting the card. When I rebooted, above error occurred (SD card unmounted or not present).
2] I bought a new 32GB card, it was working fine in the phone.
3] While 32 GB card was inside phone: I installed "Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed" using "install zip from sd card" menu in "recovery" mode. When I rebooted above error occurred (For 32GB card).
4] I inserted previous 4GB card, it got detected and was working fine.
5] I did hard factory reset without unmounting the 4GB card. When I rebooted, above error occurred (with 4GB card).
Now both cards have above problem (SD card unmounted or not present).

Very strange problem. Will be glad to hear solution.

Thanx well in advance.

well , i think ha have problem like this in this time , 3 months ago i bought kingston sd card 4Gb class 4 , when i open es file manager or open any pic it says sd unexpectedly removed , but after a reboot i works fine , it happens up to 5 times a day :S , i thnik you should format it using the chacha it self now laptop etc ..
27th June 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohabmoka

well , i think ha have problem like this in this time , 3 months ago i bought kingston sd card 4Gb class 4 , when i open es file manager or open any pic it says sd unexpectedly removed , but after a reboot i works fine , it happens up to 5 times a day :S , i thnik you should format it using the chacha it self now laptop etc ..

Yes, I've formatted it using FAT32 file system. Not working.
27th June 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag GIZA
Thanks Meter: 11
 
121 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
did you try to format it from mobile or it still said unmounted ? and the mount option is unavailable ? (settings - phone storage )
5th July 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohabmoka

did you try to format it from mobile or it still said unmounted ? and the mount option is unavailable ? (settings - phone storage )

No, I formatted it using "MiniTool Partition Wizard". I can't detect SD card from "settings - phone storage" menu.
5th July 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #6  
didije's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
181 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Mini Tool is to blame for that issue. I messed up a couple of SD Cards with it. The only way I could revive them was this: Find an older phone (not smart phone, some older Nokia or Samsung - I did it on Samsung J200) and insert the SD Card in it and format it within the settings of the phone. It should do the trick.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes