[BUG] WiFi disconnects randomly

OP salar2k

30th August 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
My WiFi keeps disconnecting every now and then randomly and I have tried many things and still no luck.

I have:
N.O.P.E kernel 2.6 on 750MHz OC
MiniCM10 V8 clean flash

Here is what happens, After I connect to the router the phone pings correctly immediately after I start using internet (with any app) the connection drops after a few seconds.

The weird part that I have screenshoted with WiFi analyzer:
One screenshot is before I connect to the SLR-DSL2 and the other one is after I have connected to the router. Second one shows no signal change which is not normal of course.
And the third screen shot shows ping responses from my phone, before and after connection.

I have tried Wifi Keep Alive but it just *sometimes* reconnects the broken connection. (Option 3 & 4)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-30-20-38-42.png
Views:	38
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	2918344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-30-20-40-11.png
Views:	34
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	2918345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ping.png
Views:	36
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	2918346  
Last edited by salar2k; 30th August 2014 at 05:56 PM.
30th August 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 637

376 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salar2k

My WiFi keeps disconnecting every now and then randomly and I have tried many things and still no luck.

I have:
N.O.P.E kernel 2.6 on 750MHz OC
MiniCM10 V8 clean flash

Here is what happens, After I connect to the router the phone pings correctly immediately after I start using internet (with any app) the connection drops after a few seconds.

The weird part that I have screenshoted with WiFi analyzer:
One screenshot is before I connect to the SLR-DSL2 and the other one is after I have connected to the router. Second one shows no signal change which is not normal of course.
And the third screen shot shows ping responses from my phone, before and after connection.

I have tried Wifi Keep Alive but it just *sometimes* reconnects the broken connection. (Option 3 & 4)

WiFi keep alive>Advanced>Enable Workaround 2>WiFi on during sleep>Log on to XDA>Use the search bar integrated on the MiniCM 10 Thread>Close the browser!
Just a piece of advice my friend, please keep these Desire C forums clean... XDA Creators have made a brilliant feature> SEARCH BAR!!! Try and learn how to use it!
Last edited by warrior1208; 30th August 2014 at 07:07 PM.
30th August 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1208

WiFi keep alive>Advanced>Enable Workaround 2>WiFi on during sleep>Log on to XDA>Use the search bar integrated on the MiniCM 10 Thread>Close the browser!
Just a piece of advice my friend, please keep these Desire C forums clean... XDA Creators have made a brilliant feature> SEARCH BAR!!! Try and learn how to use it!

Sorry to say this but I have tried it with no luck. Maybe you've prejudged because I didn't mention it!
4th September 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Well after a few days of struggle and testing different ROMs and Kernels, I managed to fix the WiFi issue by restoring the Stock HTC Rom then factory reset and installing Prometheus Sense4 Kernel.

The issue was really annoying and nothing could fix it. I tried MiniCM on Nope and Prometheus with no luck. Even RevolutionMod roms on android 4 had the issue.

Anyway with my phone config is almost stable and WiFi rocks as it should be . But the UI (HTC) is not fluent as it was on Cm10
HTC Stock ROM on Prometheus Sense4 800 OC.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread