[DEV][ROM][4.4.4][KTU84Q] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 | RC5 | 05/05/2015

Search This thread

wapmast123

Nov 11, 2014
Lugansk
Sorry, guys, i just realized that camera isn't working... I'll try to find out what went wrong and if i'll be able to fix it, I will post new link. I was too fast.
It does not work from the youtube video playback. The sound is, but there is no image. Also, problems with the unlock screen. Sometimes I can not turn on the screen.

mkranthikmr

Jul 13, 2014
Installed ROM successfully... But rebooting continuously...

Hi... I flashed my mobile with this ROM. after that it keeps on rebooting.... Don't know y... Can anyone help me with this...???

golden-guy

Oct 6, 2013
Vienna
Hi @h1gh1, @kirmaniarslan Great job what you have done for the golfu!

I am working on bringing up an Omni variant based on your repos, so I wonder if you could please share the av patch to get the cam going? Also still struggling with BT, but that might be Omni-specific (as was with wifi)

Thank upfront for any support! ☺

Mapuku

Aug 25, 2016
Bugs

Camera not working :(
Wi-Fi working.

Can someone suggest a ROM for Desire C pls. Anything stable from 4.1 up.

venz111

Feb 13, 2010
apps crashing

Hello there,

I've installed the rom but almost every app is crashing (except phone, sms, calc). I reinstalled several times and did a full wipe and it's the same. I use TWRP 2.8.6.0 and i flash the boot.img from the zip. Any thoughts? Same happens with CM12 rom.

the_farhang

Feb 6, 2017
when i click install rom on twrp v2.8.6.0 it says E:Errore excuting updater binary in zip `/sdcard/cm-11-2015.......
what should i do now?!

Mapuku

Aug 25, 2016
I install successfully from TWRP, from SD card, without using the computer.

reboot (after it says successful) - it starts some HTC letters and thats it. Nothing more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

Unofficial build of CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4) for the HTC Desire C (Golfu)​

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KITKAT), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.​

Yxs5r2x.gif

Working:
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile network
    • Camcorder
    • Video playback
    • VPN
    • Screenshot
    • Recent apps switching
    • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
    • SD card
    • NFC
    • All sensors (accelerometer, proximity sensor, etc. work)
    • GPS
    • Everything else, as long as it isn't listed as a bug

Major bugs:

• No major bugs :)

Credits (in no particular order):
    The CyanogenMod team
    LegaCyMod
    Armv6
    cute_prince
    sachinthomas
    Testers for prompt testing
    And all those who helped directly or Indirectly

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM-11 For Golfu, ROM for the HTC Desire C

Contributors
    kirmaniarslan, h1gh1
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Rooted
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5
    Stable Release Date: 2015-05-05

Created 2014-10-16
    Last Updated 2015-05-05
    Not working
    - FM radio.
    - Apps that expect newer libOMXVidEnc will not work, Skype is one example. Viber and WhatsApp are working.
    - do not use stock browser for serious browsing, although it is working, it has bugs with adreno libs. For 2-step authentication on Google, it will do.

Upstream issues
    SDCard not showing unmount option
    Trebuchet crashing when you enable CM Home or Google Search as panel
    Cyanogenmod stock camera app shows 4.5mp instead of 5 mp - camera works properly with other third party apps and takes 5MP pictures.

Sources: - cm-11.0 branches in each repo:
    Device
    Kernel
    Vendor

CyanogenMod team, legacyMod & KonstaT, HTC Pico development team, TeamHackLg & everyone who's been working on CM11.

Downloads:
    CM11 RC5 (194.45 MB)
    Android File Host | BasketBuild

MD5: 63ff9995dad6d2f6798f5b6b8b1a8c11

Optional GAPPS:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2779598(thanks @kodirovshchik for suggestion)

How to install:
    You must update recovery with this one - TWRP 2.8.6.0 or this one Philz Touch 6.59.0 - ClockWorkMod 6.0.5.1- these two have SELinux support. Philz and CWM do not have support for F2Fs!
    Install the recovery trough fastboot
    - fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Reboot to recovery from fastboot
    - make a backup of your current ROM to SDCard
    - wipe -> do a factory reset
    - wipe -> advanced wipe -> select only system and wipe
    - install zips (rom and gapps)
    - reboot to bootloader

if you are updating from previous CM11, you can dirty flash -> just wipe /system in Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, and install rom and gapps. No guarantees here.

Install boot image
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    install boot.img that is inside the ROM that you downloaded
    do not do fastboot erase cache

As of RC5, ROM now supports both EXT4 and F2FS in a same installation, and there is an easy way to switch back and forth between full EXT4 and F2FS setup, or any partition layout you would like (why would someone want this, I do not know, but the option is there).

Switching to F2FS from EXT4:
    - You must install TWRP 2.8.6.0 with F2FS support.
    - install RC5 and gapps (optionally), flash boot.img and restart. Check that the ROM is working properly. Activate advanced reboot in developer options. Reboot to recovery.
    - backup - make a nandroid backup of system, data and cache.
    - wipe, advanced wipe - select system - change or repair file system - choose F2FS. Repeat this for data and cache.
    - settings -> Check use rm -rf instead of format.
    - restore -> this will restore your data to existing partitions without format.
    - settings -> Uncheck use rm -rf instead of format.
    - reboot

You will boot to full F2FS ROM, with all your data and settings intact. Check it out in terminal with
    mount | grep f2fs

How to build:
    Up to date sources on github. (one patch for legacyMod frameworks_av is missing, will update device tree soon)

1. Follow instructions on initializing a build environment up to a point of downloading the source code.
    2. Initialize CyanogenMod 11 repo.
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
    3. Add local manifest that downloads HTC Desire C device config, properties and kernel source from my github and few CM replacement projects from legaCyMod github.
    Code:
    curl --create-dirs -L -o .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml -O -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/high1/android_local_manifest/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml
    4. Sync source code.
    Code:
    repo sync
    5. Update prebuilts
    Code:
    cd path-to/cm11/vendor/cm/
    ./get-prebuilts
    6. Apply patches
    Code:
     path-to/cm11/device/htc/golfu/patches./apply.sh
    7. Compile.
    Code:
    cd path-to/cm11/
    . build/envsetup.sh
    brunch cm_golfu-userdebug -jx
    (x is number of your processor cores -+1)
    'repo sync' to pull merged changes from upstream.
    'make clobber' to clean the build environment.
    Repeat step 7 to make a new build.

FAQ:

Q: I can't find developer options and performance settings, why?
    A: Settings -> About phone -> Click 'Build number' several times

Q: I don't have reboot options in power menu, why?
    A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot

Q: Is ART runtime working?
    A: Yes it is. Beware, it is not compatible with xposed framework.

Q: How to make fastboot and adb work with Windows 8.1? (Device enumeration failed error)
    A: First, make sure you have this update installed - http://www.microsoft.com/en-pk/download/details.aspx?id=43515 . Unzip http://goo.gl/CAXglZ and merge it to your registry. HTC drivers must be installed, compatible with Windows 8.1 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2714921

Q: USB tethering does not work?
    A: Here is a guide: Android USB Tethering In Windows 8.1

Changelog
    3.5.2015 changelog:
    - one ROM for both file systems - made multiple file system patch work on CM11, and update fstab and updater-script for that,
    - fixed black screen in call - updated touchscreen and proximity driver from cyanogen_htc_msm8960 3.4 kernel, and updated board definitions, so that the proximity sensor is now working properly
    - switched back to legacy OMX - camera recording is working, and the latest Viber is working properly. Skype is crashing due to old OMX libraries, but does not render the phone useless.
    - using adreno libraries from TeamHackLGE - just for testing
    - updated libqc-opt.so from TeamHackLGE repo - seems that this fixes some schedulers get stuck on lowest frequency.
    - addes sioplus scheduler to kernel.

10.4.2015 changelog:
    - released two separate ROMs, ext4 and full f2fs
    - f2fs ROM got hand update for updater-script and fstab
    - fixed errors reported when installing the ROM - updater-script has hardcoded filesystem, and this was the cause
    - fixed the camera regression

7.4.2015 changelog:
    Device tree:
    - switched to HtcLegacy display-caf, which fixes high idle battery drain
    - updated OMX libraries from TeamHackLG msm7x27a vendor repo - this fixes Viber, Skype etc, but video recording is broken
    - switched to QCOM power HAL
    - bluetooth vendor library is now in /vendor
    - switched to Cyanogenmod frameworks_av
    - cleaned up patches (down to only three and one replaced repo - this is almost pure CM11)
    - switched to TWRP 5.1 branch, and made it compile with CM11 tree
    - switched to QACT for audio lib
    - compiling nightly again, as CM11 is EOL, and I think no new milestones will happen
    - forcing high-end graphics is not default anymore
    - moved adreno libs in vendor tree to vendor folder, removed one unneeded fil
    Kernel:
    - updated touch and proximity drivers from 3.4 kernel
    - headset profile from 3.4 kernel
    - added lz4 compression to kernel
    - Update zram and zsmalloc up-to 3.17 kernel changes (zsmalloc now used instead of xvmalloc)
    - enabled lz4 compression for zram
    - restored audit support
    - further various updates to kernel

20.2.2015 changelog:
    - fixed brightness bug by keeping original framebuffer stack
    - fixed memory bug (0.00B shown)
    - added f2fs support to kernel
    - added intelliactive, adaptive and smartassH3 governors, and updated interactive. Enabled all governors in kernel.
    - added zen scheduler. Updated BFQ scheduler to v7r7. Enabled all schedulers in kernel.
    - updates to block stack, faster I/O
    - ROM built pre deoxed - installation will be longer, first boot will be much shorter
    - moved all the proprietaries to vendor tree
    - added F2FS support to ROM and recovery

15.12. changelog:
    - fixed Bluetooth regression
    - added surface texture patch
    - updated prebuilts

7.12. changelog:
    source synced to CM11 M12
    switched to pico kernel, ION build
    ported ION changes to golfu board
    new graphics libraries, latest that support our board
    ported golfu panel driver to pico kernel
    switched to kernel XZ compression
    switched to display-caf - TeamHackLG with patch
    removed a lot of legacy repos - only frameworks_av needs to be replaced now
    using CM11 chromium webview - applications that call evaluateJavaScript work now
    updated touchscreen drivers
    simplified camera build
    added Philz touch recovery to ROM build

12.11. changelog:
    - new wireless driver, ported from samsung kernel
    - kernel changes, needed for new driver - new wireless_ath stack, imported compat folder, Makefile tweaks - do not build ath.ko for golfu
    - fixes wifi tether
    - fixes soft reboot

9.11. changelog:
    Remaining audio routing issues are fixed, libaudio updated so no need for patching.
    Call recording works
    Solved freezing issues (need confirmation)
    decreased wake up delay, enabled slow blur, increased ui responsivness
    some other tweaks for sleep mode, limiting number of runnig apps
    monitoring net usage on proper interface
    removed custom wifi, updated wireless definitions and switched to Cyanogenmod private lib for ath6kl
    kernel makefile optimizations - proper flags for our device
    -O2 optimizations - kernel fits to boot.image so it should also improve speed

24.10. changelog:
    Synced with latest CM11 nightly
    Fixed video - camera recording, youtube
    Disabled haptic feedback by default
    Enabled call recording

23.10. changelog:
    Fixed Wifi
    Kernel with overclocking - capped to 600 at start, overclockable to 900 - One kernel for All!!!
    Fixed stock browser with legacyMod patches
    legacyMod prebuilts

18.10. changelog:
    Fixed camera rotation (excluded definitions for 3M golfu, sensor mount angle is 0, and fixed sensor driver file in kernel - thx to Sachin Thomas)
    Fixed media_profiles.xml partially - you can start the video, but it crashes on recording start
    Fixed nfc - firmware was missing
    Enabled swap to zRAM KitKat style
    Re-enabled HTC performance lock, but only during boot
    (Fixes yet to be uploaded with next beta)

16.10. changelog:
    Android 4.4.4
    First public build
    A lot of changes and cleanups to the ramdisk and boardconfig
    Added SELinux support to kernel
    Made a working, stable recovery, first with repacked zImage and then source built
    ROM made bootable
    Fixed adb
    Fixed SDCard
    Fixed Bluetooth
    Fixed Audio
    Fixed RIL
    Partially working camera
    Added TWRP to ROM build process instead of CWM
    Disabled HTC performance lock and limited frequencies on first boot so that one image is usable for all and devices do not crash
    Enabled KSM by default

This all would not be possible without help - I looked up alot to KonstaT that makes CyanogenMod for ZTE Blade III, and a lof of this post is taken from his way of posting. KirmaniArslan helped to solve quite a few quirks, and posted patches actively, and started the development - his device tree was made bootable.
    I expect logcats from all who will do testing, and hopefully we can fix the remaining bugs and let this device have fully working Cyanogenmod (Omni, Pacman, AOKP hopefully later). Also, with the release, you have full permission to use the source to build other ROMs, only requirement is that if you find a fix, you do a pull request at Github.
    Regards, and enjoy the ROM as much as you can.
    Sucessfuly ported 3.4.0.77 Wifi driver from 3.4 kernel!
    Had to add init procedure and change default clock, but it is working. Wifi works, tether works and no soft reboot problems... Only thing that does not work is Wifi direct - search does not work, you can accept invitation but cannot connect. Not sure what the problem is, but new release will have a new source built driver - no wifi direct.
    RC3 !!!

changelog:
    - fixed brightness bug by keeping original framebuffer stack
    - fixed memory bug (0.00B shown)
    - added f2fs support to kernel
    - added intelliactive, adaptive and smartassH3 governors, and updated interactive. Enabled all governors in kernel.
    - added zen scheduler. Updated BFQ scheduler to v7r7. Enabled all schedulers in kernel.
    - updates to block stack, faster I/O
    - ROM built pre deoxed - installation will be longer, first boot will be much shorter
    - moved all the proprietaries to vendor tree
    - added F2FS support to ROM and recovery

BUGS: Viber locks up phone.
    There are some problems with newer adreno libraries - do not use stock browser for browsing - use Chrome or Firefox. Not sure how applications that use integrated webview behave.

ROM seems significantly faster ( I used intelliactive,BFQ, EXT4 and F2FS both).
    Flash this recovery first!!!
    TWRP 2.8.5.0 with F2FS
    Android File Host

boot image for ext4
    Android File Host

boot image for f2fs
    Android File Host

CM11 M12 RC3
    Android File Host

How to flash for those of you who already have CM11:
    - Do not do dirty flash!!! Make a full backup!!!

for ext4 - reboot to recovery, wipe system. Install ROM and gapps (gapps that you had before - they can be newer, just install the same version you had - micro, pico, nano...). Reboot to bootloader. Flash bootimg for ext4 (fastboot flash boot bootext4.img). This will keep your existing data.

for f2fs - reboot to recovery.
    * to keep existing data: (needs adb and fastboot)
    - go to Mount menu and make sure that /data and /MicroSD are selected.
    - connect the phone to pc
    - go to Advanced, adb sideload. Start sideload and then cancel. Phone will be visible from adb devices. Open command prompt on PC. Type
    adb shell.
    cd /sdcard
    tar -cvf data.tar /data/*
    - go to wipe, advanced. Select data, then click repair or change filesystem. Change filesystem to f2fs. Repeat this for cache partition.
    - type in prompt : cd /sdcard && tar -xvf data.tar -C /data/ && cd /data && mv data backupf2fs && cd backupf2fs && rm -r media && mv * ../ && cd .. && rm -r backupf2fs
    (this will restore your data partition)
    - from recovery wipe system (system stays ext4!!!), install ROM and gapps and reboot to bootloader. Install boot image for f2fs
    fastboot flash boot bootf2fs.img
    -reboot
    RC 2 - CM11 M12 [ION](197.3MB)
    Android File Host
    MD5: 3960c1f269995f4d8ec59952eea6faee
    ION build, with new kernel from pico, synced with CyanogenMod 11 Milestone 12 source. Playstore problem was a regression in nightly code, so I switched to milestones now. Only regression that I found is that battery drains faster now - pico kernel is the cause of this.

changelog:
    source synced to CM11 M12
    switched to pico kernel, ION build
    new graphics libraries, latest that support our board - no glitches in apps, stock browser works
    ported ION changes to golfu board
    ported golfu panel driver to pico kernel
    switched to kernel XZ compression
    switched to display-caf - TeamHackLG with patch
    removed a lot of legacy repos - only frameworks_av needs to be replaced now
    using CM11 chromium webview - applications that call evaluateJavaScript work now
    updated touchscreen drivers
    simplified camera build
    added Philz touch recovery to ROM build
    full nfc CM stuff built in now