Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,397 Members 46,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cm11 m9 reboots quite often, but sense 3.0 n cm7 official were fine!!

Tip us?

tawidhiphoper
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] cm11 m9 reboots quite often, but sense 3.0 n cm7 official were fine!!

just wats in the title..it's f****ng my head!
wat am i suppose to do now? im on hboot ***.0029 ,s-On ,UNLOCKED by htcdev..flashed through philz touch recovery..
plz help gyz..i tried two CM11s -already,both m9 though one was released n other was (plus) edition

hussamT
Old
Thanks Meter 75
did you remember to flash boot.img separately?

tawidhiphoper
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussamT View Post
did you remember to flash boot.img separately?
yes man,ofcourse!
every tym I had a clean flash of the rom, it boots up,,stays a while but when I begin doing multitasks.. or do anything..it just reboots suddenly

hussamT
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Did you format /system before flashing the new rom? when moving between roms, formatting /data and /cache is sometimes not enough.
You may need to manually format /system *before* flashing a new ROM.
I went through that when moving from cfx to cm builds.

tawidhiphoper
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Did you format /system before flashing the new rom? when moving between roms, formatting /data and /cache is sometimes not enough.
You may need to manually format /system *before* flashing a new ROM.
I went through that when moving from cfx to cm builds.
yes bro i manually formatted te /system partition too! btw i'll check it again if that would help!
*the phone reboots automatically if any -kinda More RAM consuming app or game is launched..otherwise it stays okay!*
for installing the boot.img I used this command only
'fastboot flash boot boot.img'.. and it boots up the phone nicely..correct me if im missing any stuff!?!

hussamT
Old
Thanks Meter 75
technically the kernel should kill apps when RAM is critically low to free it.
The graphics thing could be a bug. you could try 'adb bugreport' which should get information from previous reboots (according to google) and posting in CM11 thread.

Any chance you are overclocking? overclocking has side effects like overheating and random reboots.
The Following User Says Thank You to hussamT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tawidhiphoper
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
technically the kernel should kill apps when RAM is critically low to free it.
The graphics thing could be a bug. you could try 'adb bugreport' which should get information from previous reboots (according to google) and posting in CM11 thread.

Any chance you are overclocking? overclocking has side effects like overheating and random reboots.
nope, i haven't overclocked either, but it seems the kernel has smartassv2 featured by the dev! i saw so from an app..n yes i tried overclocking ,underclocking too.. device seemed to produce heat like hell! btw, after that i already reflashed the rom couple of times and even before that the problm of auto-reboot prevailed..

hussamT
Old
Thanks Meter 75
you can also "cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/mylog.txt" and report it in main cm11 builds thread.

first 'mount /sdcard'

The Following User Says Thank You to hussamT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]