[Q] Desire HD Reboots, Freezes, and Force Closes

Search This thread

jvarghese

Sep 5, 2014
Your fb drivers must not be installed

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Download min adb fastboot program. U will find it on XDA..get it installed then plug in device and try and run HTC sync manager.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Look. Turn off the phone. Battery pull if needed..then hold power and volume down. Let me know whatcu get vkeep holding BOTH buttons down until bootloader loads

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

U had to have been able to access bootloader. U posted an image of one. ?
i installed the fastboot program, ran htc sync manager, booted into bootloader but everytime i try to use fastboot usb it shows up then after a few seconds on my pc it says you device is unrecognizable and then switches back to regular fastboot.

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Your PC isn't recognizing your device..... RUN adb min ,then reboot into bootloader again.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

If that doesn't work,I have one more idea

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
OK...right click min adb and chose open folder location...then inside that folder hold shift and right click and then chose open cmd window here..now try typing fastboot devices. See what it says

jvarghese

Sep 5, 2014
OK...right click min adb and chose open folder location...then inside that folder hold shift and right click and then chose open cmd window here..now try typing fastboot devices. See what it says

it does the same, im pretty sure it is a driver problem, im using windows 8.1, ive downloaded all the drivers meant for adb windows 8.1 but fastboot usb still does not stay and says waiting for device when trying to do commands. :/

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Why didn't you tell me you were using Windows 8?? Lol. Yea, try vista or windows os

jvarghese

Sep 5, 2014
Why didn't you tell me you were using Windows 8?? Lol. Yea, try vista or windows os

okay i did it on windows 7 here is fastboot getvall info:
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 0.85.0024
version-baseband: 26.09.04.11_M2
version-cpld: None
version-microp: 0438
version-main: 1.28.405.1
serialno: HT149T205804
product: ace
platform: HBOOT-7230
modelid: PD9812000
cidnum: CWS__001
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4201mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: a3d4fa0f
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0
region-id: 0

Last edited:

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Now...is your bootloader locked?

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

And does bootloader say fastboot USB in red when plugged in?

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Idk if what Dr patron says is correct or not...but running a ruu might be an option. Getting your phone back to stock and unlocking BL again with a new recovery might be beneficial. U won't lose s off if you run ruu BTW.

jvarghese

Sep 5, 2014
Now...is your bootloader locked?

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

And does bootloader say fastboot USB in red when plugged in?

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Idk if what Dr patron says is correct or not...but running a ruu might be an option. Getting your phone back to stock and unlocking BL again with a new recovery might be beneficial. U won't lose s off if you run ruu BTW.

idk if my bootloader is unlocked or not i searched all over the internet to find out how to check, i assume because it is s-off and their is no need for the bootloader to be unlocked that it is currently locked. Is their any way for me to check? and if i run an ruu what exactly will i lose, i understand i will lose my data, root, but will my unlocked phone become carrier locked? ect. also what is the best method to unlock a bootloader? and sorry lol last question... the ruu you posted was for an ATT inspire 4g model ruu, my phone is carrier unlocked and using tmobile desire hd; Should i use a different one?... thank you so much man!

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I have ran ruu and I didn't lose anything. All u have to do is lock BL and run the ruu..the way to find out if BL is locked is to boot into hboot..power off your device then turn on holding power and volume down til it boots. Tell me what it says on top. Should say unlocked,locked etc

jvarghese

Sep 5, 2014
I have ran ruu and I didn't lose anything. All u have to do is lock BL and run the ruu..the way to find out if BL is locked is to boot into hboot..power off your device then turn on holding power and volume down til it boots. Tell me what it says on top. Should say unlocked,locked etc

it doesnt say anything, as you can see from the picture i have uploaded before ( imgur.com/evCFYNJ ) it doesnt say if it is locked or unlocked.

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
It's safe to assume it's locked

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Highlight bootloader and click power

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a compatible recovery. Flash twrp 2.7.1 jriors modded twrp

Do you mind giving me a link i tried finding it but i couldnt... do you think that will fix my problem? and thank you so much btw.
    U have to flash twrp via fastboot..

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3...lash-recovery-image-via-fastboot-sd-card.html

Follow "fastboot" part

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
    My usb cable isnt working so can i use the update.zip method with my sd card
    I told you. Run the 3.20 ruu. It might help.

Nope,it won't help. As long as device has root with access it can do anything with it. Running Stock RUU practically loose every hope.

Best advice dont run RUU! Unless you have another device and then giva a try. But if ran RUU then it will hang on White Screen with green HTC logo.

Choice is yours,period.
    Why would that be a bad thing? Running an run can help restore his device. He could always reroot it

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Because eventually he'll loose ROOT access to his device and permanently hang on bootloop. I've been advised the same to restore your device you should run RUU and gets rooted again. Now why i'm saying this because I think this guy has a same issue as mine just different scenario.

You may check here,in past couple of months, many device hanged automatically till death for some reason. Luckily my device yet functional because i haven't ran RUU. That's why i advice him not to run RUU, because first he can't go to recovery and changing recovery didn't help him much. So best advice would stay on whatever ROM he's using currently because there is no other option then fix hardware issue with software way.
    No. U have to lock the bootloader to run a ruu..system needs to use its partitions.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

And u DON'T HAVE TO unlock the BL. It's just easier to install ROMs...if u have a locked bootloader,u will have to flash the boot.img via fastboot. Having an unlocked BL makes it more conventional to flash ROMs. That easy u can flash via recovery only instead of flashing ROM itself via recovery and its boot.img via fastboot. Its just a convenience factor.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Having s off makes things much easier. Having s off enables u to have root access inside ROMs. U won't lose s off when flashing ROMs nor ruus. That's the beauty of having s off

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Please read this

http://android.stackexchange.com/qu...ing-and-unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-referenc

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/09/rooting-your-android-phone-everything-you-need-to-know/