Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Is there any way to restore stock audio to rooted DHD?

OP Muddyfunk

17th August 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Hi everyone; I've a rooted Desire HD running TakTik 4.4.2 and the audio doesn't sound right when I run a game or play music. The ROM came with DSP Manager which was uninstalled when I flashed AwesomeBeats. What I wanted to know: is there a way to restore any kind of equalizer that I set up when DSP was installed, back to how my DHD should sound? If I remember right, my equalizer was pretty much maxed out with DSP but now I get some 'bits' of sound missing or not sounding right when playing games etc. I've tried most of the ROM's from the kind devs here and I really want to stay with TakTik so I don't want to flash another if at all possible. (or reflash TakTik) Thanks
17th August 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,610
 
3,797 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddyfunk

Hi everyone; I've a rooted Desire HD running TakTik 4.4.2 and the audio doesn't sound right when I run a game or play music. The ROM came with DSP Manager which was uninstalled when I flashed AwesomeBeats. What I wanted to know: is there a way to restore any kind of equalizer that I set up when DSP was installed, back to how my DHD should sound? If I remember right, my equalizer was pretty much maxed out with DSP but now I get some 'bits' of sound missing or not sounding right when playing games etc. I've tried most of the ROM's from the kind devs here and I really want to stay with TakTik so I don't want to flash another if at all possible. (or reflash TakTik) Thanks

Are you trying to restore TakTik's sound or the stock ROM's sound?
18th August 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananagranola

Are you trying to restore TakTik's sound or the stock ROM's sound?

Hi bananagranola, thanks for replying; I'm not 100% happy with TakTik's sound, for some reason (it might be my DHD) it doesn't sound right so I suppose I'm looking to put the phone back to stock sound if possible. I did another clean install of TakTik yesterday and it's still the same and I've kinda experimented with other equalizers, even Beats and stuff.
18th August 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,610
 
3,797 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Stock sound needs a stock ROM. If you just want to go back to Taktik sound, just flash the ROM again without wiping. Since it's the same ROM it's not going to be dirty.
18th August 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananagranola

Stock sound needs a stock ROM. If you just want to go back to Taktik sound, just flash the ROM again without wiping. Since it's the same ROM it's not going to be dirty.

Thanks, yeah, I've done that. Is there nothing that's compatible with 4.4.2 that I can flash like Beats or something? . Just anything that will take out DSP etc and change the whole sound experience but keeping TakTik?
18th August 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,610
 
3,797 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
That would be a pretty extensive mod, and I don't know of another one. Maybe someone else does.
The Following User Says Thank You to bananagranola For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananagranola

That would be a pretty extensive mod, and I don't know of another one. Maybe someone else does.


Ok, thanks for your help. Will keep looking
18th August 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 242
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
However you want.....I should suggest you to try out Viper4Android.

It's an .apk so either you place it into /system/priv-apps folder using Root Explorer or ES File manager. Or simply install as .apk file remove DSP Manager along with dspwrapper libs on system/lib/soundfx. Once that done reboot your device.

After reboot you should be able to see Viper4Android in your app drawer so choose it wisely which setting you're looking for in your device. Even you may have Stock kinda feeling on Any of your custom rom. For more information head over to Viper4Android thread links below;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223

Use different .irs files to customize the outcomes of sound.

Optionally:
Sample of readymade profiles are in my sign. Check them out.


'Njoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.patron99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.patron99

However you want.....I should suggest you to try out Viper4Android.

It's an .apk so either you place it into /system/priv-apps folder using Root Explorer or ES File manager. Or simply install as .apk file remove DSP Manager along with dspwrapper libs on system/lib/soundfx. Once that done reboot your device.

After reboot you should be able to see Viper4Android in your app drawer so choose it wisely which setting you're looking for in your device. Even you may have Stock kinda feeling on Any of your custom rom. For more information head over to Viper4Android thread links below;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223

Use different .irs files to customize the outcomes of sound.

Optionally:
Sample of readymade profiles are in my sign. Check them out.


'Njoy.


Really appreciate the trouble you've gone to with that, thanks. Will give your suggestion a go and see what happens. Thanks again
18th August 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 242
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
With V4A you can customize quality sound with whole new level.Here's some tips as below;

-Menu > UI Setting > Expert mode
-Under Convolver click on Impulse responce,it will make a folder in your sd card named Viper4Android and subfolder Kernel where you've to put .irs files.

All possible .IRS files you'll find under this thread below;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2216193

Place .irs one by one and check which sound outcomes matches your taste. Once you pick one then you may further dig into it and make your own custom profile for Viper4Android.

Initially you might find it hard with setting up profile and other things but unless you try out yourself, you'll never ever enjoy the quality music.

***Plenty of Paid and Free .irs are available on Internet as well as here on xda so try looking more into it. I use HTC Beats Audio ((Z-Edition)) and beats pro+srs
Last edited by dr.patron99; 18th August 2014 at 05:30 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes