[RECOVERY][DESIRE S] TWRP 2.8.7.0

Search This thread

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
TWRP
UNOFFICIAL

Just as the title says this is an unofficial build of TWRP recovery v2.8.7.0 for the HTC DESIRE S (Saga).

*** I DO NOT OWN A DESIRE S*** This has been tested on by numerous users previously and I test all my releases on the nearly identical Desire HD. It has been tested with both Sense roms and current KK/LP AOSP roms. I have put it to the test and not found any issues so far. If you find any bugs please report with an attached recovery log.

DOWNLOAD
Current Version for ODP Saga builds
<<HERE>>

Current Version for ODP Saga-opt builds
<<TWRP for SAGA-OPT>>
For more info on SAGA-OPT see the original release notes for ace-opt cm-12.1 HERE

Special thanks to @Mustaavalkosta & @kylon for all his work keeping this device alive for so long.

SOURCES
Recovery built in a CM-12.1 environment using device trees/kernel
from Mustaavalkosta's OpenDesireProject github
My modified trees/kernel are HERE and HERE
TWRP source from Omnirom

Code:
Changelog:
7/30/15

4/14/15

2/28/15
 - fix reboots

2/27/15
 - 2.8.5 release
 - LP cm-12.0 based
 - updated offmode blobs

1/10/2015
 - 2.8.1.2 release
 - MTP support is back on, no more USB mount. CM-12.0 went this direction and so shall recovery
 - by-name partition mount support. Needed for 1/10 nightly and beyond.

1/5/2015
 - 2.8.1.1 release (i know i'm falling behind)
 - /sd-ext support
 - f2fs support

11/15/2014
 - 2.8.1 release
 - Performance profiles in recovery, should speed up backup/restore just a bit
 - Offmode charging images are back!!! Thanks to @mdmower for the guidance from 8960 series HTC's

6/13/2014
 - fixed adb in recovery

6/12/2014
 - fixed ability to use encryption

6/11/2014
 - initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP-Desire S, Tool/Utility for the HTC Desire S

Contributors
jrior001, jrior001
Source Code: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject

Version Information

Created 2015-11-23
Last Updated 2015-11-22

moesus

Nov 4, 2009
Thank you for keeping this device alive for all these years!!!
Having a problem lately though. When I try to connect my phone via fastboot, I just get a USB device not recognized. I have tried to install HTC USB drivers (official and forum downloads) and on my other android devices I have no issues to use fastboot or adb (meaning that it's set up correctly?). Any ideas on how to use fastboot on Windows 10?
Thanks for any help!

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Thank you for keeping this device alive for all these years!!!
Having a problem lately though. When I try to connect my phone via fastboot, I just get a USB device not recognized. I have tried to install HTC USB drivers (official and forum downloads) and on my other android devices I have no issues to use fastboot or adb (meaning that it's set up correctly?). Any ideas on how to use fastboot on Windows 10?
Thanks for any help!
It might be possible by using Fastboot.reg method as it is working for me.

stehaworth

Mar 6, 2013
Cambridge
Hi,

I've recently found my ds and i thought i'd try out CM12.1 or even CM13. however i'm stuck at installing TWRP-saga-2.8.7.0-unofficial.img.
I can get twrp-2.6.3.0-saga.img to work OK.

Basically, after flashing the latest recovery via fastboot (looks to work OK) and then reboot into recovery, it just hangs on the startup flash screen. I have to pull the battery to get back into the bootloader again.

i have
HBOOT 2.00.2002
S-OFF (unlocked)
RADIO 3822.10.08.04_M

thanks

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
I've recently found my ds and i thought i'd try out CM12.1 or even CM13. however i'm stuck at installing TWRP-saga-2.8.7.0-unofficial.img.

CM13 uses the opt version, for 12.1 you might also want to go for the opt version. It will mean that you have to format your sd-card as ext4... If you go that way, you need 2.8.7.1.

Basically, after flashing the latest recovery via fastboot (looks to work OK) and then reboot into recovery, it just hangs on the startup flash screen. I have to pull the battery to get back into the bootloader again.

Maybe there was an error downloading the file? Check the file size just to see if it's offside...

TWRP-saga-2.8.7.0-unofficial.img - 7.4 MB
TWRP-recovery-sagaopt-2.8.7.1.img - 7.3 MB

Reactions: Lapyyyyyy

stehaworth

Mar 6, 2013
Cambridge
CM13 uses the opt version, for 12.1 you might also want to go for the opt version. It will mean that you have to format your sd-card as ext4... If you go that way, you need 2.8.7.1.

Maybe there was an error downloading the file? Check the file size just to see if it's offside...

i think i might have remembered something from when i originally was playing with this phone. it has a screen by Hitachi..... i think this stops me from doing anything CM12.1 +...

ThatRottenGuy

May 17, 2014
Unauthorized

i recently got to stupid situation - i wanted to try cm13 so i used tweaked twrp 2.8.7.1 for saopt sm13 and formated my sd card, loosing everything - i had to load the rom to the phone by using ./adb push. the rom was not stable enough to be used, so i wanted to go back - flashed back twrp 2.8.7.0 formated again my card and finding that i cannot mount phone to my macbook (dunno why?) and that ./adb push returns with info that device is unauthorized. i had to use different phone to put rom on sd card to be able to install it.
tweaked version or older version of twrp did not have this problem.

c_kay

May 28, 2016
Hi,
how can i change from v2.8.7.0-saga to 2.8.7.1-sagaopt? every try within twrp quits with [IMAGE FLASH COMPLETED], but after reboot to recovery i'm still on v2.8.7.0-saga??? :(

c_kay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP
    UNOFFICIAL

Just as the title says this is an unofficial build of TWRP recovery v2.8.7.0 for the HTC DESIRE S (Saga).

*** I DO NOT OWN A DESIRE S*** This has been tested on by numerous users previously and I test all my releases on the nearly identical Desire HD. It has been tested with both Sense roms and current KK/LP AOSP roms. I have put it to the test and not found any issues so far. If you find any bugs please report with an attached recovery log.

DOWNLOAD
    Current Version for ODP Saga builds
    <<HERE>>

Current Version for ODP Saga-opt builds
    <<TWRP for SAGA-OPT>>
    For more info on SAGA-OPT see the original release notes for ace-opt cm-12.1 HERE

Special thanks to @Mustaavalkosta & @kylon for all his work keeping this device alive for so long.

SOURCES
    Recovery built in a CM-12.1 environment using device trees/kernel
    from Mustaavalkosta's OpenDesireProject github
    My modified trees/kernel are HERE and HERE
    TWRP source from Omnirom

Code:
    Changelog:
    7/30/15

4/14/15

2/28/15
     - fix reboots

2/27/15
     - 2.8.5 release
     - LP cm-12.0 based
     - updated offmode blobs

1/10/2015
     - 2.8.1.2 release
     - MTP support is back on, no more USB mount. CM-12.0 went this direction and so shall recovery
     - by-name partition mount support. Needed for 1/10 nightly and beyond.

1/5/2015
     - 2.8.1.1 release (i know i'm falling behind)
     - /sd-ext support
     - f2fs support

11/15/2014
     - 2.8.1 release
     - Performance profiles in recovery, should speed up backup/restore just a bit
     - Offmode charging images are back!!! Thanks to @mdmower for the guidance from 8960 series HTC's

6/13/2014
     - fixed adb in recovery

6/12/2014
     - fixed ability to use encryption

6/11/2014
     - initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP-Desire S, Tool/Utility for the HTC Desire S

Contributors
    jrior001, jrior001
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject

Version Information

Created 2015-11-23
    Last Updated 2015-11-22
    I've been requested to create my own thread since i sort of took over maintaining TWRP builds for the time being. These are the same builds I've been providing in the older TWRP thread.
    I've been requested to create my own thread since i sort of took over maintaining TWRP builds for the time being. These are the same builds I've been providing in the older TWRP thread.

Thank you very much for your kind contribution to the community. I am very appreciated.
    i think i might have remembered something from when i originally was playing with this phone. it has a screen by Hitachi..... i think this stops me from doing anything CM12.1 +...

Yeah, if you have an Hitachi panel you can't run a recent CM... It shouldn't affect the recovery, though... I think :confused: