Unofficial CM11 for Saga [06.10.14]

Search This thread

Ammiraglio

Jul 19, 2013
Good evening Mustaavalkosta and Kylon, how are things going? I believe in miracles with you!
Thank you

toni_mon

May 5, 2013
Using this rom for 3 days and it is great only mic in handset doesent work and sweep2wake can't turn off everything else works fast and stable keep up the good work.
Will we see f2fs in our DS

Sent from my Desire S using XDA Free mobile app

Ammiraglio

Jul 19, 2013
Using this rom for 3 days and it is great only mic in handset doesent work and sweep2wake can't turn off everything else works fast and stable keep up the good work.
Will we see f2fs in our DS

Sent from my Desire S using XDA Free mobile app

Hello, what is it exactly?
"Will we see f2fs in our DS"

Thank you

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Good evening Mustaavalkosta and Kylon, how are things going? I believe in miracles with you!
Thank you
I'm not actively nor directly participating to saga development so I don't know. Sorry if I gave that impression.
Hello, what is it exactly?
"Will we see f2fs in our DS"

Thank you
It's a new filesystem that was specifically developed for NAND storage. It may give small I/O performance increase based on discussions I have had with a fellow dev.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2FS

nuts77

Dec 15, 2011
Hello,

Coming back on the HTC Desire S forum as I sent my current phone to repair so I need a backup phone - and my old good desire S will perfectly fit!
It's really great that some devs are keeping this device up to date (and allow me to bring mine back to life).

What I'm looking for is a daily driver rom, if possible with KK. This ROM seems a goot alternative...
What I really need to be functional :
- phonecalls (dont care if first ringtone is mute quite much)
- music streaming (headset & bluetooth)

Is this ROM in line with that?
Is there any specific action to take before flashing? (Hboot version update, partition etc?)

Thanks for your help !

Ammiraglio

Jul 19, 2013
Hello,

Coming back on the HTC Desire S forum as I sent my current phone to repair so I need a backup phone - and my old good desire S will perfectly fit!
It's really great that some devs are keeping this device up to date (and allow me to bring mine back to life).

What I'm looking for is a daily driver rom, if possible with KK. This ROM seems a goot alternative...
What I really need to be functional :

Is this ROM in line with that?
Is there any specific action to take before flashing? (Hboot version update, partition etc?)

Thanks for your help !

This works fine after flashing the appropriate fix

streaming is ok, just the headset mic does not work on normal calls (it works fine with skype or hangouts)

Reactions: nuts77

nuts77

Dec 15, 2011
This works fine after flashing the appropriate fix

streaming is ok, just the headset mic does not work on normal calls (it works fine with skype or hangouts)

Thanks for your answer! I flashed the ROM a couple of hours ago. Everything ok so far, just a bit slightly laggy but I didn't expect otherwise :) Even my smartwatch works fine.
Trying to find the fix you're talking about - is it the GPS & ringtone fix mentioned in one of the early posts?
If so I'll wait a few days test (think someone mentioned he lost data service after flashing it...).
Thanks again!

Ammiraglio

Jul 19, 2013
Thanks for your answer! I flashed the ROM a couple of hours ago. Everything ok so far, just a bit slightly laggy but I didn't expect otherwise :) Even my smartwatch works fine.
Trying to find the fix you're talking about - is it the GPS & ringtone fix mentioned in one of the early posts?
If so I'll wait a few days test (think someone mentioned he lost data service after flashing it...).
Thanks again!

Hi, I used this one (not the one for gps and ringtone):
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53772232&highlight=flinny+s+fix#post53772232

Reactions: nuts77

nuts77

Dec 15, 2011
okay... I tried to flash the fix and it seems it broke something as now my SIM doent even get detected :(
Tried to reflash the rom with clean install, same thing.

Any idea of what went wrong? How can I get back to a clean install?

Ammiraglio

Jul 19, 2013
okay... I tried to flash the fix and it seems it broke something as now my SIM doent even get detected :(
Tried to reflash the rom with clean install, same thing.

Any idea of what went wrong? How can I get back to a clean install?

I don't know...it worked perfectly for me....no problems at all
Sorry

Ammiraglio

Jul 19, 2013
Hi, so kylon compiled a kernel based on AEP sources. I will be testing it but it sure is a step forward. In the meantime a new build is up with CM repo synced.

Thank you guys for the great work!
Your build was already good! I hope the new kernel will bring a bit more smoothness and the headset mic will work again for normal calls!
Ciao

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hi, so kylon compiled a kernel based on AEP sources. I will be testing it but it sure is a step forward. In the meantime a new build is up with CM repo synced.

Thanks VnnAmed for the new build. Ringtone is working with fix, however camera has gone some way. I could not find the camera and when installed with google camera, there is an error on connection. Thank you very much for the new build, I am looking forward to the next build with new kernel.

Last edited:

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I installed CM-11-20141006 + pa_gapps-modullar-nano+agps patch and ringtone fix had a problem with camera and tried to install google camera facing camera connection error. So I installed CM-11-20140926 + pa_gapps-modullar-nano+agps patch and ringtone fix, now camera is working and battery is pretty good so far. Thanks VnnAmed.

dobrun.franjo

Jul 7, 2012
SAVA
I have no issues with camera on latest build:) but nad to flash ringtone fix

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vrybdx.png
    Code:
    #include warranty.h

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CM11 for Saga, ROM for the HTC Desire S

Contributors
    VnnAmed, Flinny, devil-kin, jackeagle
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-08-12
    Last Updated 2014-09-25
    New build is uploading. About our current situation. I have talked to @Mustaavalkosta and @kylon. Seems that we would be able to use AEP sources if kylon will prepare their kernel to work with our device and he said he would look into that.
    Yeah, this seems like ideal way to continue instead of keeping two quite different development branches going. The biggest obstacle with this, however, is that the gap between ace and saga seems to be quite large and someone needs to close it which can be a dreadful job. After all, there is somewhere around 2-3 years worth of doing more or less separate development for these devices.

Sadly, I can't offer much direct help lacking the device to test on (and also spare-time) but if you can get to a point that builds can be automated from a common source tree with ace I can probably offer nightly builds and some kind of hosting if these will make your life any easier.
    Hello thank you for your build,
    Before installing this rom, can you please tell what's new in terms of bugs fixing?
    Thanks
    Ciao

Actually for now it has all the flaws devil-kin's builds had, it's just synced with CM. Will try to work on the bugs though.
    soooo, i m here again eh!

i will not bother you with annoying stuff.
    well, my pc cannot compile a cm ( RAM donations are accepted, joke xD )

you will need:

desire hd cm11 manifest
    https://github.com/AceEnablementProject/android

my manifest
    - see attachment -

FAQS:
    Q: any questions here ?
    A: I don t know but it compiles :D

i will solve my problem....meanwhile someone can try and report back.