[Q&A] Unofficial CM11 for Saga [06.10.14]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for Unofficial CM11 for Saga [06.10.14]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Milano1899

Oct 20, 2014
Kyiv
Hello! I have my Desire S for more than 3 years and it's really wonderful that it has fresh updates thanks to you guys! Great work! Maybe one day it'll be Lollipop also on our device :)

I've been using cm-11-20141006-UNOFFICIAL-saga for about 2 weeks, it had "no camera" error, some lagging, but it hadn't "mic error", wifi, gps problems or something else and all in all it was good for a daily use. Then I decided to flash the latest build - cm-11-20141020-UNOFFICIAL-saga and from the start it has problem "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" :(

I will test your new builds as possible and very glad to help you.

den61pyc

Oct 21, 2014
Azov
com.android.phone

Installed the latest version of CM11 works, but again an error "com.android.phone".
what to do?

dolinh

Mar 4, 2013
Issues

cons:
Other person cant hear me during call (in loudspeaker mode everything is alright)
Front facing camera is just fliped 180 degrees back camera
signal stucked at 1 bar
themes tendt to crash but nothing special

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
During development MoKee for DS, I do not know how Ruling solved the problems on warning no text context during flashing Rom and Calling problem on his ROM development. I remembered he has the same problem on version prior to date 08/08/2014.

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
So far CM11-2014-10-24 is providing users with fast responsive, smooth and stable, however, it is still contained some bugs considerable minor for me in comparison to the mentioned functions. On top of that in SuperSU, list of managed apps which require SerperSU granted is easily shown up when open SerperSU of which none of CM11s for Saga has provided even popular CM11-MoKee 2014-08-09 which provides users with responsive, smooth and rather stable is still not provided this feather which I consider as important as other. If the ROM is not providing the feathers as it is supposed to be, there should be some bugs preventing that feather to normally function. However, considering the machine itself is also far from perfect when using ROMs that it is not orginally assigned for, bugs is not avoidable; besides ROM software itself has to be developed to suite many kinds of apps from various developers. So developing software for variety of favourite is a hectic task. Android phones, for me, small ROM with small algorithms with less complexity should be a good ROM since it provides a direct access rather than going around. I have been testing many kinds of ROMs including sens, JB and Kitkat for a while and decided to stick on Kitkat rather than sens or JB. For old machine like Saga, if users could ignore some minor bugs and battery drainage in comparison to sens or JB , Kitkat is considering a good choice of ROMs around. I mainly used MoKee by Ruling after Devin Kin stop his development and found that the ROM still has some bugs such as list of apps allocated by SeperSU did not shown up and occationally lag and hang up. I found this version of ROM kindly developed by Kylon and sHAKajaada has suite my needs. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Is cm-11-20141028-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip fixes ringtone_fix_flinny_a5?

Is everything on this point is working or further need to apply this patch?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51318467

Regards and thanks for your hard work!
It is working by itself, there is no need to fix, calling can be heard on both sides. Kylon has compiled with his fix though. The problem, I have so far is Wifi Ap, I could not figure out how to enable it, because Kylon has disable WiFi Ap.

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
So far CM11-2014-10-24 is providing users with fast responsive, smooth and stable, however, it is still contained some bugs considerable minor for me in comparison to the mentioned functions. On top of that in SuperSU, list of managed apps which require SerperSU granted is easily shown up when open SerperSU of which none of CM11s for Saga has provided even popular CM11-MoKee 2014-08-09 which provides users with responsive, smooth and rather stable is still not provided this feather which I consider as important as other. If the ROM is not providing the feathers as it is supposed to be, there should be some bugs preventing that feather to normally function. However, considering the machine itself is also far from perfect when using ROMs that it is not orginally assigned for, bugs is not avoidable; besides ROM software itself has to be developed to suite many kinds of apps from various developers. So developing software for variety of favourite is a hectic task. Android phones, for me, small ROM with small algorithms with less complexity should be a good ROM since it provides a direct access rather than going around. I have been testing many kinds of ROMs including sens, JB and Kitkat for a while and decided to stick on Kitkat rather than sens or JB. For old machine like Saga, if users could ignore some minor bugs and battery drainage in comparison to sens or JB , Kitkat is considering a good choice of ROMs around. I mainly used MoKee by Ruling after Devin Kin stop his development and found that the ROM still has some bugs such as list of apps allocated by SeperSU did not shown up and occationally lag and hang up. I found this version of ROM kindly developed by Kylon and sHAKajaada has suite my needs. Thank you very much.
The feature on SuperSU of which I mentioned that app permission list is not function on CM11-MoKee 2014-08-09 now is working perfectly after updated to new version of chain fire. This problem should be related to SuperSU itself.

teiksef

Nov 6, 2014
Installing CM11 on HTC Desire

Funny thing my answer seems to go to a different thread, but nevertheless...
In the "Unofficial CM11 for Saga [06.10.14]" thread ManishGade described a blank screen after installing CM11. That may happen when boot.img has not been flashed, especially if there's a stock ROM there.
Moving from stock ICS 4.0.4 to CM11 on HTC Desire S:
1. Unlock bootloader (HTCDev etc)
2. Download cm-11-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip
3. Replace upload-binary (inside the zip) with patched version, or you'll get "set_metadata_recursive" error (see this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532300)
4. "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img", with 4EXTRecovery_v2.1.3RC4 (none of 1.0.0.6 I found worked for me - the screen stuck on "HTC", that's why the trick with upload-binary was needed) - http://www.4ext.net/get.php?f=4EXTRecovery_v2.1.3RC4.zip&device=saga
5. "fastboot flash boot boot.img" with boot.img from the CM11 package
6. Go to the 4ext recovery (battery out/in, VolumeDown+Power, Recovery)
7. Wipe data, clear caches, install the CM11 zip package.

Regards,

simonzere

Dec 14, 2014
Cradock
Thanks I installed it last monday.

When my waranty on my desire ran out I installed Cyanogen 7.2 even though it is old it is brilliant. Last Monday I decided to install CM11 unofficial for Saga. Also a Brilliant Rom!