Help install JB ROM on Desire X

OP @Sarun

30th August 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 2

59 posts
More
I have ICS hboot with TWRP for ICS in my Desire X. Whenever I try to install any JB ROM it doesn't boot up, just shows a black screen. What should I do? If you are saying me to S-OFF, I already tried to do that(with RUMRUNNER) but it betrayed me finally saying to try with a new kernel or a new ROM. Why there is so much complication? I just want to install a JB ROM. Can anyone help me with this? Will be thankful
30th August 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 15

167 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sarun

I have ICS hboot with TWRP for ICS in my Desire X. Whenever I try to install any JB ROM it doesn't boot up, just shows a black screen. What should I do? If you are saying me to S-OFF, I already tried to do that(with RUMRUNNER) but it betrayed me finally saying to try with a new kernel or a new ROM. Why there is so much complication? I just want to install a JB ROM. Can anyone help me with this? Will be thankful

You need a jb hboot.
30th August 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Dubai

59 posts
More
Thumbs up I know that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineet Upadhyaya

You need a jb hboot.

Where can I find it and what's next?
30th August 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 15

167 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sarun

Where can I find it and what's next?

As far as I know (I may be wrong) you have an flash an ruu. Then update to jellybean. After that you'll have to unlock the boot loader again and then you can flash jellybean roms.
30th August 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Dubai

59 posts
More
Exclamation Not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineet Upadhyaya

As far as I know (I may be wrong) you have an flash an ruu. Then update to jellybean. After that you'll have to unlock the boot loader again and then you can flash jellybean roms.

I flashed the RUU, checked for the updates, it shows no JB update. What to do?
1st September 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Need help to install custom rom for hboot 1.15
hi fellas, bit same problem here, i followed the exact procedures in installing the custom rom (ViMiRo ROM v3.0-1) on my HTC DX running on android 4.1.1 and hboot 1.15 by following DX threads. the recovery i flashed is CWM official mod for ICS. after showing successful installation of rom and rebooting, the phone shows the ViMiRo lock screen, but when tried unlocking, it stops at HTC logo and doesn't open further. Pls guide me to resolve this.
1st September 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bayreuth, Germany
Thanks Meter: 75

392 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan012

hi fellas, bit same problem here, i followed the exact procedures in installing the custom rom (ViMiRo ROM v3.0-1) on my HTC DX running on android 4.1.1 and hboot 1.15 by following DX threads. the recovery i flashed is CWM official mod for ICS. after showing successful installation of rom and rebooting, the phone shows the ViMiRo lock screen, but when tried unlocking, it stops at HTC logo and doesn't open further. Pls guide me to resolve this.

1. you're not on hboot 1.15, but 1.25
2. use a recovery for JELLYBEAN, not ics. (twrp, you'll find it in "android original development")

this hboot/recovery-crap is killing me
1st September 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #8  
Flag Bangalore

7 posts
More
My hboot version is 1.15
Quote:
Originally Posted by realCyphox

1. you're not on hboot 1.15, but 1.25
2. use a recovery for JELLYBEAN, not ics. (twrp, you'll find it in "android original development")

this hboot/recovery-crap is killing me

Hi pls check the attachment, seems like my hboot is 1.15..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140901_211911.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (71.0 KB, 24 views)
1st September 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #9  
Flag Bayreuth, Germany
Thanks Meter: 75

392 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan012

Hi pls check the attachment, seems like my hboot is 1.15..

guess thats a dual-sim then. roms for the normal desire x dont work on the dual-sim version, sorry.

read on here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537913
1st September 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #10  
Flag Bangalore

7 posts
More
Yea its HTC DX dual sim
Quote:
Originally Posted by realCyphox

guess thats a dual-sim then. roms for the normal desire x dont work on the dual-sim version, sorry.

read on here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537913

Okay, I was thinking all these threads were refering to dual sim..thanks dev one more query, any cm rom available for my device yet?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
desire x, hboot, install jb
Previous Thread Next Thread