Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 41,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help install JB ROM on Desire X

Tip us?

@Sarun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Talking Help install JB ROM on Desire X

I have ICS hboot with TWRP for ICS in my Desire X. Whenever I try to install any JB ROM it doesn't boot up, just shows a black screen. What should I do? If you are saying me to S-OFF, I already tried to do that(with RUMRUNNER) but it betrayed me finally saying to try with a new kernel or a new ROM. Why there is so much complication? I just want to install a JB ROM. Can anyone help me with this? Will be thankful

Vineet Upadhyaya
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sarun View Post
I have ICS hboot with TWRP for ICS in my Desire X. Whenever I try to install any JB ROM it doesn't boot up, just shows a black screen. What should I do? If you are saying me to S-OFF, I already tried to do that(with RUMRUNNER) but it betrayed me finally saying to try with a new kernel or a new ROM. Why there is so much complication? I just want to install a JB ROM. Can anyone help me with this? Will be thankful
You need a jb hboot.

@Sarun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up I know that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineet Upadhyaya View Post
You need a jb hboot.
Where can I find it and what's next?

Vineet Upadhyaya
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sarun View Post
Where can I find it and what's next?
As far as I know (I may be wrong) you have an flash an ruu. Then update to jellybean. After that you'll have to unlock the boot loader again and then you can flash jellybean roms.

@Sarun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation Not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineet Upadhyaya View Post
As far as I know (I may be wrong) you have an flash an ruu. Then update to jellybean. After that you'll have to unlock the boot loader again and then you can flash jellybean roms.
I flashed the RUU, checked for the updates, it shows no JB update. What to do?

Chethan012
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need help to install custom rom for hboot 1.15

hi fellas, bit same problem here, i followed the exact procedures in installing the custom rom (ViMiRo ROM v3.0-1) on my HTC DX running on android 4.1.1 and hboot 1.15 by following DX threads. the recovery i flashed is CWM official mod for ICS. after showing successful installation of rom and rebooting, the phone shows the ViMiRo lock screen, but when tried unlocking, it stops at HTC logo and doesn't open further. Pls guide me to resolve this.

realCyphox
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan012 View Post
hi fellas, bit same problem here, i followed the exact procedures in installing the custom rom (ViMiRo ROM v3.0-1) on my HTC DX running on android 4.1.1 and hboot 1.15 by following DX threads. the recovery i flashed is CWM official mod for ICS. after showing successful installation of rom and rebooting, the phone shows the ViMiRo lock screen, but when tried unlocking, it stops at HTC logo and doesn't open further. Pls guide me to resolve this.
1. you're not on hboot 1.15, but 1.25
2. use a recovery for JELLYBEAN, not ics. (twrp, you'll find it in "android original development")

this hboot/recovery-crap is killing me

Chethan012
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default My hboot version is 1.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by realCyphox View Post
1. you're not on hboot 1.15, but 1.25
2. use a recovery for JELLYBEAN, not ics. (twrp, you'll find it in "android original development")

this hboot/recovery-crap is killing me

Hi pls check the attachment, seems like my hboot is 1.15..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140901_211911.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (71.0 KB, 23 views)

realCyphox
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan012 View Post
Hi pls check the attachment, seems like my hboot is 1.15..
guess thats a dual-sim then. roms for the normal desire x dont work on the dual-sim version, sorry.

read on here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537913

Chethan012
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yea its HTC DX dual sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by realCyphox View Post
guess thats a dual-sim then. roms for the normal desire x dont work on the dual-sim version, sorry.

read on here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537913
Okay, I was thinking all these threads were refering to dual sim..thanks dev one more query, any cm rom available for my device yet?

Tags
desire x, hboot, install jb