[Q] Phone won't charge with screen off

OP Mateusz.B

4th July 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
Hi,
I have problem with my girlfriends Desire X. When it is connected to the socket. The diode is on and the icon shows that it is charging. But... It charges only when the screen is on, as soon as it goes black the diode is still on but it stops charging or does it extremely slow. For example the phone is connected with 30% at the evening, she plays with it for an hour before sleeping and it charges to 40% and then the screen goes of for the night. At the morning the battery is at 41% and stats shows almost straight line of battery percentage during the night while charging constantly.

Any one could help us with that?
4th July 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 936

2,429 posts
More
Am not sure exactly... Two possible issues: Maybe it's a faulty cable / charger or else a faulty battery. Try out replacing one after the other if it helps. If not, it's a mainboard issue (so if you still have warranty claim it).
4th July 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
I think that it occurs on all of our chargers. I wonder if it is a battery issue or cable, the are screen independent. It can be either motherboard or software... I will try to talk here into factory reset. If not then we will go with warranty.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread