Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,622 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trouble with Deleting Music Files

Tip us?

NancyRotterdam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Trouble with Deleting Music Files

Hi, I hope you can help me. My phone memory is getting too full, so I have tried to delete music files using HTC Sync Manager. It has worked in the past, but is not now. I have tried 3 times to delete files, but they still remain on my phone! I highlighted the files in Sync Manager under my phone folder, it shows that it is deleting in the little icon, however, when I unplug my phone from my computer, they are still there. I have also turned my phone on and off to see if that helps, but it didn't. Is this some new problem with Sync Manager and HTC Desire X phones???

Hope you can help! Thanks! Nancy

dansou901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyRotterdam View Post
Hi, I hope you can help me. My phone memory is getting too full, so I have tried to delete music files using HTC Sync Manager. It has worked in the past, but is not now. I have tried 3 times to delete files, but they still remain on my phone! I highlighted the files in Sync Manager under my phone folder, it shows that it is deleting in the little icon, however, when I unplug my phone from my computer, they are still there. I have also turned my phone on and off to see if that helps, but it didn't. Is this some new problem with Sync Manager and HTC Desire X phones???

Hope you can help! Thanks! Nancy
Have you tried to delete files using a file manager directly on the phone like ES File Explorer (just search for it on Google Play)? That should avoid the need of connecting it to a PC for deleting files on the phone.
Current device: Oneplus One 64 GB Sandstone Black
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, I'll help you as much as I can.

Will_Xda
Old
Thanks Meter 489
As far as alot of space being taken up check LOST.DIR (i think) on your sdcard, it might have a few large files there that are corrupt (used to happen to me quite alot)

Team 420 Skins for HTC Desire X
Dre Beats Skin For HTC Desire X
Fresh Yellow Skin For HTC Desire X
Virtuous Skins for HTC Desire X

hungvbn
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Try to Wipe all data,cache and sdcard

realCyphox
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungvbn View Post
Try to Wipe all data,cache and sdcard
he just wants to delete some music files, not EVERYTHING, duh!