[Q] Trouble with Deleting Music Files

OP NancyRotterdam

16th July 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Hi, I hope you can help me. My phone memory is getting too full, so I have tried to delete music files using HTC Sync Manager. It has worked in the past, but is not now. I have tried 3 times to delete files, but they still remain on my phone! I highlighted the files in Sync Manager under my phone folder, it shows that it is deleting in the little icon, however, when I unplug my phone from my computer, they are still there. I have also turned my phone on and off to see if that helps, but it didn't. Is this some new problem with Sync Manager and HTC Desire X phones???

Hope you can help! Thanks! Nancy
16th July 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 968

2,472 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyRotterdam

Hi, I hope you can help me. My phone memory is getting too full, so I have tried to delete music files using HTC Sync Manager. It has worked in the past, but is not now. I have tried 3 times to delete files, but they still remain on my phone! I highlighted the files in Sync Manager under my phone folder, it shows that it is deleting in the little icon, however, when I unplug my phone from my computer, they are still there. I have also turned my phone on and off to see if that helps, but it didn't. Is this some new problem with Sync Manager and HTC Desire X phones???

Hope you can help! Thanks! Nancy

Have you tried to delete files using a file manager directly on the phone like ES File Explorer (just search for it on Google Play)? That should avoid the need of connecting it to a PC for deleting files on the phone.
16th July 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #3  
Flag Leicester
Thanks Meter: 536

1,115 posts
More
As far as alot of space being taken up check LOST.DIR (i think) on your sdcard, it might have a few large files there that are corrupt (used to happen to me quite alot)
18th July 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Try to Wipe all data,cache and sdcard
22nd July 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bayreuth, Germany
Thanks Meter: 76

393 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungvbn

Try to Wipe all data,cache and sdcard

he just wants to delete some music files, not EVERYTHING, duh!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread