What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more

PSA: Google Play Services Wakelock Affects Many 5.x ROMs

Wakelocks are the bane of the battery conscious, and this wakelock bug has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies

18th March 2015, 05:33 PM |#61  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,218

931 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KÚno40

Any improvement on this builds? Did anyone try it recently?
I will if I find time this week-end.

CM team still updating CM11 in small amounts e.g.https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ommits/cm-11.0 haven't seen any vision device tree changes or kernel changes recently however so I doubt performance has changed much. I can't see it getting any better unfortunately, lollipop uses even more resources than KitKat so I don't think these builds will improve much.
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ View ]

7th April 2015, 02:53 PM |#62  
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ C:\India\New Delhi\
Thanks Meter: 58

382 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is there a possibility of lollipop in future?
7th April 2015, 03:04 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 101

522 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asim.sidz

Is there a possibility of lollipop in future?

You know you are on the Desire Z "Vision" 's page, right ?
7th April 2015, 03:12 PM |#64  

382 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You know you are on the Desire Z "Vision" 's page, right ?

Of course i do! Correct me if i've gone wrong somewhere. Lol. Actually, i'm just about to buy a new HTC Desire Z for my mom, so just wanna know if will get a lollipop in future or not.
7th April 2015, 03:28 PM |#65  

522 posts
More
Quote:

Of course i do! Correct me if i've gone wrong somewhere. Lol. Actually, i'm just about to buy a new HTC Desire Z for my mom, so just wanna know if will get a lollipop in future or not.

Ok, so you're in the good place.

IMHO, no Lollipop...
For me, even 4.4 version are NOT usable as daily driver, and even less with ART.... So I chosed to stay on 4.2.2 version (CM 10.1).
7th April 2015, 03:32 PM |#66  

382 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:

Ok, so you're in the good place.

IMHO, no Lollipop...
For me, even 4.4 version are NOT usable as daily driver, and even less with ART.... So I chosed to stay on 4.2.2 version (CM 10.1).

Looks like i have met the right guy in here. I just want a nice looking device for my mom. She wont be playing games or doing any heavy multi-tasking. I intend to stay on 4.2.2 because you suggested. So, is JB stable on this device? And overall, is it worth buying a new phone even when it had released 5 years ago? Let me know. And thank you very much for your time, brother!
7th April 2015, 03:44 PM |#67  

522 posts
More
I don't know how much you'll pay it, but you should buy a good recent phone at least already on 4.4

Ex : Oneplusone, Moto G 4G, LG G2 mini...

For me, i would buy a kind of Xperia Z3 Compact (for the spec and shape) but I found it ugly.
So I wait for the next ones, till my Vision die... Hopefully, there will be a 64bit proc on a not to big screen somewhere if it doesn't die too soon.
7th April 2015, 08:14 PM |#68  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,218

931 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Looks like i have met the right guy in here. I just want a nice looking device for my mom. She wont be playing games or doing any heavy multi-tasking. I intend to stay on 4.2.2 because you suggested. So, is JB stable on this device? And overall, is it worth buying a new phone even when it had released 5 years ago? Let me know. And thank you very much for your time, brother!

Quote:

I don't know how much you'll pay it, but you should buy a good recent phone at least already on 4.4

Ex : Oneplusone, Moto G 4G, LG G2 mini...

For me, i would buy a kind of Xperia Z3 Compact (for the spec and shape) but I found it ugly.
So I wait for the next ones, till my Vision die... Hopefully, there will be a 64bit proc on a not to big screen somewhere if it doesn't die too soon.

Agreed, Vision doesn't stand up well against other single core devices due to having so little RAM and a very early S2 chipset, even the slightly newer chips in the Desire S and HD are much better and have almost double the available memory.

JB 4.2.2 is certainly the best there is for Vision, but it's still extremely painful even when using super super lightweight apps and minimal gapps. As soon as you start we browsing its quite frustrating even if it can cope very well with smooth animations in general use.

In conclusion as @KÚno40 said, go with something newer. SIII is my daily phone, 2 years old but fantastic and probably not much more expensive than a Vision as the latter seem unnaturally expensive on eBay. Moto G 1st or 2nd is a great suggestion. any Post SII samsung's with Qualcomm processors and good dev support are worth looking at (Exynos is a **** in SIII and Note II tho), Sony's have great open source support, I personally like the blocky shapes. Nexus 4s look great, maybe too big though, but Nexus can't go wrong.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, cyanogenmod, desire z, kitkat, vision
Previous Thread Next Thread