Vision L - Cyanogen 12.1 port development

Search This thread

a.s.j

May 11, 2008
Curious?

So are we, because we have a vision ahead for the Vision in our palms... and that vision is called "L". The Vision L...

Still curious?

Help us make that vision true and let us all see the Android L on our HTC Vision smarties ;)

Current Status: We are trying hard to bring Vision L to life, but we are still facing some wierd errors when installing. I am trying to hunt them down as we speak. Hopefuly you'll not have to wait for too much longer for a successful build.

XDA:DevDB Information
Vision L, ROM for the HTC Vision: G2

Contributors
a.s.j, marcomarinho
Source Code: https://github.com/VisionL/android

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
Based On: CyanogenMod 12.1

Version Information

Created 2015-07-01
Last Updated 2015-07-01

Last edited:

Kéno40

Nov 1, 2010
It's in the first message :
"Current Status: We have first build finnished without errors, but it failed on install attempt, at this very moment another compilation is started to check if the error was fixed "

themania

Mar 27, 2009
It's really nice to see developers working on Desire Z to get this decent piece of hardware an up-to-date Android. Looking forward to testing it.

Reactions: comoba

mattrophy

Apr 23, 2009
this is great hardware, a great phone.

How are you coping with the small size of the internal flash? Does the typical L build even fit?

Have you been able to find all the device drivers for the hardware?

will you try to use the apps-to-sd framework?

curious what errors are appearing at install time

Mattrophy

AsterixLA

Feb 23, 2013
@a.s.j

Can you share the lunch configuration for vision? Do you have some patches for this cm 12.1 version? I would also like to contribute. :) And what's the status of ART in cm?

AsterixLA

Feb 23, 2013
All the sources are in the GitHub (see the signature)... I am sorry, for being out for a while, my shoulder was dislocated, so I was not able to do anything... I'll dive into it again now...

Yes, I've downloaded the sources, but I can't lunch arm-cm_vision-userdebug to build the image. Do you have some patches for that?

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto
All the sources are in the GitHub (see the signature)... I am sorry, for being out for a while, my shoulder was dislocated, so I was not able to do anything... I'll dive into it again now...
The ROM don't want us xD I've been submitted a operation so i'm off for a while too xD

a.s.j

May 11, 2008
Seems like some CM update broke the build... I have to check it out...

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/data/media_codecs_ffmpeg.xml', needed by `/home/ales/Android/cm-12.1/out/target/product/vision/system/etc/media_codecs_ffmpeg.xml'.  Stop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Curious?

So are we, because we have a vision ahead for the Vision in our palms... and that vision is called "L". The Vision L...

Still curious?

Help us make that vision true and let us all see the Android L on our HTC Vision smarties ;)

Current Status: We are trying hard to bring Vision L to life, but we are still facing some wierd errors when installing. I am trying to hunt them down as we speak. Hopefuly you'll not have to wait for too much longer for a successful build.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Vision L, ROM for the HTC Vision: G2

Contributors
    a.s.j, marcomarinho
    Source Code: https://github.com/VisionL/android

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod 12.1

Version Information

Created 2015-07-01
    Last Updated 2015-07-01
    So the results of testing?? how much unstable it is??

This is a development thread. We're testing and fixing the errors and then will release the build. So please be patient
    I saw on your website that you've been able to make a build without errors, any luck booting it up? ;)

Build is successful, thats true But as I noted before, I have some problem with setting the policies for partitions, so it does not install so far. I do not have much time to fix it, but I am working on it when I can.
    I might pick up on trying to do this since I'm going to be getting a desktop soon, I only have 128gb on my MacBook Air so I didn't have the space available to try. Anyone have any links for guides on how to build? I'm new to it but I've always been curious and wanted to build a rom of my own

Check out my all things vision thread, around 6th post or so there are bunch of links to get started
    If you have the free time you won't regret learning at least the basics here
    Best of luck!