Jolla SailfishOS on our HTC Vision?

4th September 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello,

Jolla SailfishOS seems interesting option as a mobile operating system, at least for a linux enthusiast like myself. During the last week news about interesting hardware adaptations have come to life. I had to try out the rom for the Nexus 7 (2012 grouper) available at the XDA Forums Nexus 7 discussions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...alpha-t2859817

I was surprised how well it worked! Yes there are bugs and things that didnt work, but for a first alpha release it was quite good. Im actually still using it although I will soon switch back to some android rom. Yesterday there were some early rumors about HTC Desire HD port not available yet: http://www.jollausers.com/2014/09/sa...htc-desire-hd/

SailfishOS uses Cyanogenmod/Android for hardware drivers (libhybris) just like Ubuntu Touch.

Jolla has released a Sailfish OS Hardware Adaptation Development Kit Documentation giving quite detailed information how to build a version for different Android devices.

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.fi/2014/...ilfish-os.html

For hardware requirements a device with an ARMv7, supported by CyanogenMod 10.1.x is needed. I quess this should be ok. (Still memory, hardware keyboard support etc. are a question.)

But what do you think? Would you be interested to see this running on the HTC vision and are there anyone advanced enough interested to try porting this? Im quite sure my own skills would not be enough to handle this task
23rd September 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 376

405 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohtoris

Hello,

But what do you think? Would you be interested to see this running on the HTC vision and are there anyone advanced enough interested to try porting this? Im quite sure my own skills would not be enough to handle this task

Hi,

see this: [Teaser][23-09-14][Guhl] Vision - Sailfish OS 1.0.8.19 [pre alpha]

Working on it.

Have fun - Guhl
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guhl99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,806

5,857 posts
More
Glad to see you around @guhl99
You always do such awesome work, I'll be sure to test when I can spare a few minuets!
23rd September 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 376

405 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

Glad to see you around @guhl99
You always do such awesome work, I'll be sure to test when I can spare a few minuets!

Hi demkantor,

I never said that I will abandon the Vision and it's community, I only said that I will abandon Android

Have fun - Guhl
The Following User Says Thank You to guhl99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #5  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,806

5,857 posts
More
Hearing that I have faith the sailfish project will continue for some time to come! Bonus!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread