Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Anyone online to help me with a semi-bricked Z?

OP ijo_ike

9th August 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello!

I have an HTC Desire Z stuck in bootloop.

It's an unrooted, S-ON version.

I have tried the PC10IMG.ZIP via SD card route to no avail - don't know if that's because I couldn't find the right RUU. It seemed to get stuck at user data deletion.

I've now downloaded ADB and fastboot and managed to get the device recognised, but I have no idea how to go on. (All very new to me!) I am also having difficulties finding the right RUU/ROM for this. I *think* I found it on htcdev.com as 2.42.405.4, although it's in a tar.gz extension that I am not sure how to extract.

Another issue is that occasionally whilst in fastboot the phone seems to time out / switch off for no particular reason. It shouldn't be a battery issue but I am letting it charge for a bit just in case.

fastboot getvar all values

Anyone has any idea of how to progress? Would reeeeally appreciate it!
9th August 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Erratic progress from yesterday:

* Have managed to extract the folder from HTCdev, but I don't see anything I immediately recognise as a ROM and therefore I am still stuck

* Would be happy attempting some of the recovery modes, but I don't understand if they work on S-ON, and if not if there is a way to bring the phone to S-OFF via adb or fastboot. And a hand-hold on selecting a recovery would be LURVLY.

Apolz for being such a noob, but considering I didn't even know what "rooted" meant yesterday, I feel emboldened
9th August 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Next, I tried this system: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572924

I get an error "Can't open /cache/recovery/command" - this is actually an error I have been getting very often

I tried manufacturing the folder and leaving it empty but it didn't make an iota of difference.

When I run the update I get an "Invalid operation" message and then it just reboots (i.e. gets stuck on HTC logo)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread