The focus of this thread is to get 720p playback and camcorder working for desire on Kitkat ROMs.
tytung has successfully got camcorder and 720 playback mp4 for HD2 for Ics, Jellybean and Kitkat. I have manage replicate the code and will try to get it working on desire
I don't owe a desire so will need some user to actively test the ROM and kernel that I will compile and post.
Source code I have take in from spezi git and first working on cm11 ROM then evervolv
Instructions below is taken from spezi77 thread.
Tester should know how to flash kernel or ROM
Also know how to provide kmsg or last_ksmg and logcat
- At least 512mb ext4 sd-ext partition (1024mb recommended)
- Hboot with at least 250mb system partition (If not slimmed) -> please use AlphaRev Jelly Hboot (250/5/182) for best experience
- Use a newer recovery such as 4ext (credits madmaxx82 & jmcclue) or twrp (credits Chromium)
- Full wipe recommended
- Flash ROM
- In case you use Alpha Jelly hboot (250/5/182) flash GApps -- if not then boot ROM and enable A2SD before flashing GApps
- Boot ROM and let it settle down (3-5 min)
- Enable A2SD
1) run Terminal Emulator 2) type 'su' and press enter 3) allow root access in the popup query 4) type 'a2sd install' and press enter 5) reply to questions in this order --> y n y (dalvik to card - yes, data to card - no, reboot - yes) 6) that's it
--> Open up "Settings > About phone" and tapping 7 times on "Build number"