This is an unofficial ROM which is built from source by using portions from Evervolv's Legacy code and HTC device and vendor files.
Built for pure testing purposes.
Don't blame me if you brick your device.
PA TEAM for their great work and allowing me to build the ROM!
EVERVOLV TEAM for the legacy codes and toolbox, especially Thomas Lehner -- without his talents the birth of Lollipop for our device would have been much harder!
Nikez for the kernel, libs, and for being a magician!
madmaxx82 for 4eXT Touch Recovery!
chainfire for SuperSU!
And all those individuals/teams who I might have missed!
My special thanks to walter79, macs18max, azzam, myself5 and everyone else from HD24Ever Team for their recent support with helping out and getting me on track with developing on Android 5.
- 3G/Mobile Data/Telephony/SMS
- ADB connection
- Camera (Force close)
- UMS (currently disabled)
Please be aware that the ROM might occassionally reboot or bring a FC. In that case it would be kind of you to share as many reproduction information as possible (e.g. logcat, radio logcat, dmesg).
- The ROM is currently under development and in its very early alpha stages.
- The ROM is no longer installed to your phone's internal memory. From now on we use "DirectSD" which will be the new way of running Android 5 Lollipop on our device.
- Before installing this ROM you are required to switch to a new custom hboot for LP which has a modified memory layout -> system/cache/data (5/5/427); This will allow the ROM to store the ART/dalvik-cache on the phone's internal memory (follow instructions on how to change the hboot for LP below).
- Furthermore you need to create two sd-ext partitions on your SD-card besides the remaining FAT partition -- so in the end you will have three partitions (please exactly follow the instructions below, otherwise the ROM won't boot!).
- Another option to achieve a good overall performance is to use a fast SD-card (e.g. class 6 or even higher).
- Before flashing SU or GAPPS you have to flash the new 4eXT Touch Recovery for LP from the link below.
- Don't even think of asking when this ROM is ready for daily use..
Please keep this thread on-topic, here is a Q&A thread:
How to create sd-ext partitions on your SD card:
- Make a backup by copying all contents of your SD card to your computer
- Read this guide by @abaaaabbbb63 (4ext method): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2125513
- In case that you use 4eXT Recovery, select 1024mb for sd-ext1, chose something between 1024mb and 4096mb for sd-ext2 (you can size it as you like depending on how much space you want for apps), and skip the creation of swap
- After the sd-ext partitions have been formatted, you can also format the remaining FAT partition on the SD card, and then add back your backupd files
How to change the hboot for Lollipop:
- Download this file: http://d-h.st/E5AK and make sure that the md5 checksum is the same
- Rename the file into PB99IMG.zip and place it into the root folder of your SD card
- Reboot with volume down button pressed
- Confirm the update with volume up and reboot into recovery
- Format all partitions except for SD-card
Step-by-step ROM and GAPPS "permanent" installation:
- Make a backup of your current ROM in recovery
- Copy the new hboot for Lollipop to your SD-card (PB99IMG.zip; find more details one section above)
- Reboot and confirm with Volume up to update the hboot
- Reboot into recovery and do a full wipe by formatting all partitions except for SD-card
- Flash the new 4eXT Touch Recovery for Android 5 and again reboot into recovery (Note: the new 4eXT recovery has a "bug" which will no longer allow you to view the correct information about the sd-ext1/sd-ext2 partitions. Actually, sd-ext1 has become /system and sd-ext2 is now /data. Got it?!)
- Flash the ROM
- Boot the ROM and let it settle down for a few minutes
- Enable WIFI
- Boost the performance by enabling zRAM (50%) and changing the CPU governor to PERFORMANCE and if you like OC the CPU frequency to 1.13Ghz
- Reboot into recovery to flash SU and GAPPS
- This time booting will take a while; you will see a message "Android is updated. Optimizing app x of y"
Help! I want to get back to my previous ROM. So how can I revert things, like hboot and recovery?:
- Get the AlphaRev Jelly hboot (250/5/182) from here and follow the instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=22 and make sure that the md5 checksum is the same
- Now let's do the PB99IMG method again for flashing the 4eXT recovery; get it from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1751258
1st test version (2015-01-13)
- Initial release
- Switch to DirectSD (fixed reboots)
- 3G/Telephony fixed
- Wifi fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big thanks to @zyr3x and @firstname.lastname@example.org for helping me!
- UMS/USB debugging connection kind of works (but still needs further improvement!)
- Added fix for allowing USB Tethering (untested!) Kudos @nickleby
- Speed up first boot sequence which now also displays the app installation progress
- Added ROM Settings/Toolbox to give access to performance settings and further stuff (many options are not (yet) working, e.g. battery/clock style, superuser settings, bug report)
- Tweaks: decreased animation duration and transition scale settings to .5x for better performance
- Translucent lock screen + status bar enabled per default (can be turned off > Toolbox > Interface > General > 'Force fancy UI elements')
- Extended power menu (customizable > Toolbox > Interface > Power menu)
- Quick 'Quick Settings' Pulldown (in a single swipe)
- ROM speed improved by using "DalvikOnNAND" (requires a custom hboot (5/5/427) as mentioned above)
- UMS option disabled as it didn't yet work as expected
- Official Lollipop Bootanimation added
- Kernel: fix wifi capabilities query which was failing due to missing attribute definitions
- Kernel: updates for smartass governors / smartassH3: Enable boost pulse by default
- Kernel: decrease PMEM_ADSP_SIZE for now to achieve better performance
- zRAM enabled per default (50%)
- Use corrected lowmemorykiller values / revert to less agressive values previously used in KitKat (credits: konstaT)
- New feature: Toolbox allows for enabling volume button to wake device
- New feature: CM Themes Engine
- New feature: AppOps
If you agree with the above terms,
Download ROM: http://d-h.st/XTKP
Download custom hboot for Lollipop: http://d-h.st/E5AK
Download 4EXT Touch Recovery for Lollipop: http://d-h.st/Blq kudos @walter79
Note: this recovery has a small "bug" which will no longer allow you to view the correct information about the sd-ext1/sd-ext2 partitions. Actually, sd-ext1 has become /system and sd-ext2 is now /data.
Download SuperSU for root permission: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
Download my "slimmed" PA GAPPS 5.0.1 RC4 - Pico Modular Package (without SetupWizard/PartnerSetup): http://d-h.st/Eey
Or get any official or unofficial 5.0 GApps from here:
1) PA GApps http://d-h.st/users/TKruzze/?fld_id=41940#files (pick the one with 'Proper DPI')
2) Slim zero GApps http://188.8.131.52/gapps/lollipop/5.0/ (pick the one with '42M')
Please read all posts in this thread and use the search before you post anything. If your question or feedback does not contribute to the further development of this ROM, then please use the Q&A thread instead.
I don't reply to support inquiries via PM.
That's all I am asking for at the moment!
And have a nice day!
Paranoid Android LP, ROM for the HTC Desire
Source Code: https://github.com/spezi77/paranoid/tree/lollipop
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
Based On: AOSPA
Last Updated 2015-02-11