Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,277 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem finding file RA-desire-v2.0.0

Tip us?
 
thomaslio
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Trondheim

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Problem finding file RA-desire-v2.0.0

I have a HTC Desire waiting to get rooted, but got a problem, this phone should have been rooted in 2010, not 2014.
I am currently looking for the files to this recovery. I cant find it anyplace! Does anyone of you have it saved somewhere?

Links in thread dont work for me...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=839621

Thanks!
 
thomaslio
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Trondheim

 
DONATE TO ME
Default 15861

Or if you have any other way installing recovery on a S-Off desire, please tell me

H-Boot 0.93.0001
 
eddiehk6
Old
#3  
eddiehk6's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 582
Posts: 1,373
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London
Use 4EXT recovery

Install via fastboot

Or if you can currently boot into a ROM, install it using the 4EXT app
Device: Nexus 5 | ROM: SlimKat | Recovery: PhilZ Touch
Retired: HTC Desire
_____________________________________________
let's all try to get along ...but remember to search first...
 
thomaslio
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Trondheim

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehk6 View Post
Use 4EXT recovery

Install via fastboot

Or if you can currently boot into a ROM, install it using the 4EXT app
I don't think my phone is rooted, i get this fail
C:\fastboot>fastboot flash recovery 4ext_1.0.0.5.rc9_recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (6914 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.933s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.947s


I have tried rooting with unrEVOked, without success. It stops at CID backup missing.


I can access the original rom yes.
 
thomaslio
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Trondheim

 
DONATE TO ME
It looks like Google Chrome saw all downloads as bad links. So thats why i could not download anything i found. Not even Revolutionary.
Went to an other pc, downloaded Revolutionary and got my HTC Desire rooted.

I could not find the 4EXT recovery that works for my phone, so i flashed clockworkmod (the one without touch).

Wanted to try a new Android on this phone, so i:
Flashed this hboot http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=22
Got this rom installed with the gapps http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2771350

And it works great! It's a bit slower than my M7, but as a reserve it is good enough
 
lilsafbig
Old
#6  
lilsafbig's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 695
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: bradford
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslio View Post
It looks like Google Chrome saw all downloads as bad links. So thats why i could not download anything i found. Not even Revolutionary.
Went to an other pc, downloaded Revolutionary and got my HTC Desire rooted.

I could not find the 4EXT recovery that works for my phone, so i flashed clockworkmod (the one without touch).

Wanted to try a new Android on this phone, so i:
Flashed this hboot http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=22
Got this rom installed with the gapps http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2771350

And it works great! It's a bit slower than my M7, but as a reserve it is good enough
Ok so download 4ext recovery apk from their website and install it and it will flash the recovery for you.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app
 
thomaslio
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Trondheim

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsafbig View Post
Ok so download 4ext recovery apk from their website and install it and it will flash the recovery for you.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app
Yeah, i did that today. But one last question, after installing the ROM and gapps i got like 20MB left. So apps who are made to be installed to the system partition wont install. Is it anyway to force them to the SD card? Or maybe put some system files to the SD card?

Thanks!
Device
HTC One M7 | S-Off | ROM: MaximusHD 44.0.0 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 | Android: 4.4.3

My backup device
HTC Desire Bravo | S-Off | ROM: AOSB Kitkat v1.3.7 | Recovery: 4EXT 1.0.0.5 RC9 | Android: 4.4.4


 
lilsafbig
Old
#8  
lilsafbig's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 695
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: bradford
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslio View Post
Yeah, i did that today. But one last question, after installing the ROM and gapps i got like 20MB left. So apps who are made to be installed to the system partition wont install. Is it anyway to force them to the SD card? Or maybe put some system files to the SD card?

Thanks!
Yh it will fill up but u need to make atleast 1gb SD partition which will expand your internel memory, you can make it with the 4ext recovery but it will wipe the files on your SD so back it up first. Here's the tut:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37383522

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to lilsafbig For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
thomaslio
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Trondheim

 
DONATE TO ME
Thanks!
Device
HTC One M7 | S-Off | ROM: MaximusHD 44.0.0 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 | Android: 4.4.3

My backup device
HTC Desire Bravo | S-Off | ROM: AOSB Kitkat v1.3.7 | Recovery: 4EXT 1.0.0.5 RC9 | Android: 4.4.4



The Following User Says Thank You to thomaslio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more

Sony PS4 Remote Play Ported to All Android Devices

Im pretty sure that every informed gamer out there perked their ears up when Sony came out … more

Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more