[Recovery] Unoffical TWRP 2.8.4.0, Selinux + F2FS

Search This thread

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
I'll give it a spin.
Downgraded my evo to dev toy from daily driver to get my $25 plan back, Virgin data on WiMax limited to stock rom or ics other basically worthless for the extra $10/month. Else I'd have seen this earlier.

//edit
cool beans, adb works and UMS. Missed that in the twrp recommended for liquid.
now testing backup, install, and restore.
//
backup looks ok.
liquidsmooth installed fine, as well as pa_gapps derivative and CrossBreeder.
//
restore also functional.

looks good to me! can't seem to find any glitches in a quick go-over. Not messing with f2fs on the evo yet, so not testing that right now.
Good to hear, I miss my 3d I still believe its the best phone. sad to say my 3g on 3d was faster than 4g on sgs3 in my area

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
new release like butter.
backup seemed a little faster but could just be me. Or my new card.
haven't tested much but nothing I used had any issues.
You tried the theme yet?

EDIT: Screenshot from 1080p Materialised theme :)

90d8c8a7621cc9d2d715a4dd56e6ed15.jpg

Last edited:

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Glad it's working, I really wonder why team win dropped support for shooter, but not shooteru.

Just so everyone knows, I added abootimg, and busybox with selinux support

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Glad it's working, I really wonder why team win dropped support for shooter, but not shooteru.

Just so everyone knows, I added abootimg, and busybox with selinux support
It was dropped because @Dees_Troy couldn't get it to build and boot. I tried and had the same issues. I have no idea why that is, but it's something with the CDMA version that's just broken in the current build environments.

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
It was dropped because @Dees_Troy couldn't get it to build and boot. I tried and had the same issues. I have no idea why that is, but it's something with the CDMA version that's just broken in the current build environments.
Lol, wish I could try and build, I've not be able to get android sdk to installed. I feel like a ubuntu noobie

well if no one build, me the only one who making a twrp for shooter

Last edited:

plantucha

Mar 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
I can't install liquid smooth rom. It copy all files from zip to phone and then it reports ”can't create symlinks"

Sent from my Evo V 4G using XDA Free mobile app

GAPO

Aug 15, 2012
Just flashed this. Nice work. Thanks JCFunk!

I got an error message in rashr that said it failed but when I rebooted to recovery I saw that it had worked and I had gone from 4ext to TWRP.

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Not that anyone cares, but . . .

I was FINALLY able to build an updated CDMA TWRP from source. I guess first we should see how much (if any) demand there is for it, and I can consider maintaining it going forward.

Quick question though - the f2fs kernel - where in the source for that? I can add it into the prebuilt kernel for TWRP and include it im my source.

Source: https://github.com/CaptainThrowback/android_device_htc_shooter

Recovery: TWRP_Recovery_2.8.5.0_Shooter_CPTB.img

P.S. The above recovery doesn't support f2fs (yet), but it does use a beta version of the new stock TWRP theme that should be rolling out with TWRP 3.0 ;).

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I was FINALLY able to build an updated CDMA TWRP from source. I guess first we should see how much (if any) demand there is for it, and I can consider maintaining it going forward.

Quick question though - the f2fs kernel - where in the source for that? I can add it into the prebuilt kernel for TWRP and include it im my source.

Source: https://github.com/CaptainThrowback/android_device_htc_shooter

Recovery: TWRP_Recovery_2.8.5.0_Shooter_CPTB.img

P.S. The above recovery doesn't support f2fs (yet), but it does use a beta version of the new stock TWRP theme that should be rolling out with TWRP 3.0 ;).
Alright, after a LOOOOONG day of fighting with it, I was able to get my recovery kernel updated to support exfat-nofuse and f2fs. Updated source can be found at the link above, and updated recovery build is linked below:

Shooter_TWRP_Recovery_2.8.5.0_CPTB-updated.img
MD5: 668d0c336c986a13aaf4b869ed50ba76

I've asked TeamWin to merge my source to the official repo so hopefully with the next TWRP version, Shooter CDMA will be officially supported again!! :D

EDIT: Added some screenshots of the new theme.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-23-19-08-57.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-23-19-08-57.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_2015-03-23-19-09-04.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-23-19-09-04.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_2015-03-23-19-09-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-23-19-09-19.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_2015-03-23-19-09-23.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-23-19-09-23.png