[Recovery] Unoffical TWRP 2.8.4.0, Selinux + F2FS

Search This thread

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
I was FINALLY able to build an updated CDMA TWRP from source. I guess first we should see how much (if any) demand there is for it, and I can consider maintaining it going forward.

Quick question though - the f2fs kernel - where in the source for that? I can add it into the prebuilt kernel for TWRP and include it im my source.

Source: https://github.com/CaptainThrowback/android_device_htc_shooter

Recovery: TWRP_Recovery_2.8.5.0_Shooter_CPTB.img

P.S. The above recovery doesn't support f2fs (yet), but it does use a beta version of the new stock TWRP theme that should be rolling out with TWRP 3.0 ;).

Alright, after a LOOOOONG day of fighting with it, I was able to get my recovery kernel updated to support exfat-nofuse and f2fs. Updated source can be found at the link above, and updated recovery build is linked below:

Shooter_TWRP_Recovery_2.8.5.0_CPTB-updated.img
MD5: 668d0c336c986a13aaf4b869ed50ba76

I've asked TeamWin to merge my source to the official repo so hopefully with the next TWRP version, Shooter CDMA will be officially supported again!! :D

EDIT: Added some screenshots of the new theme.
Good job, I was using BT-JCFunkMOD kernel. My fork of ButteredToast kernel.
Just had to config selinux. Guess it might be an end of my version.

Reactions: GAPO

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Good job, I was using BT-JCFunkMOD kernel. My fork of ButteredToast kernel.
Just had to config selinux. Guess it might be an end of my version.
I'm creating a new official thread right now, actually ;).

EDIT: Thread is live!. Official version isn't uploaded yet, but it should be soon.

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Was thinking, since I still have some tweaks into it and my version is over clocked, I'll keep mine going too.
I guess you'll still have to build yours as a repack of the shooteru version? When I used your kernel in mine it wouldn't boot.

What other mods do you have in yours (besides overclocking) that mine/the official lacks? I tried adding offmode charging, but it didn't like it.

And if you can get it set up, you can submit any device-specific changes right to the TeamWin gerrit so they get included for the device. It doesn't really make sense to have multiple versions, if they're essentially similar.

Reactions: bigsupersquid

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
I guess you'll still have to build yours as a repack of the shooteru version? When I used your kernel in mine it wouldn't boot.

What other mods do you have in yours (besides overclocking) that mine/the official lacks? I tried adding offmode charging, but it didn't like it.

And if you can get it set up, you can submit any device-specific changes right to the TeamWin gerrit so they get included for the device. It doesn't really make sense to have multiple versions, if they're essentially similar.

The hard part of that, is all I've done was on my phone, in chroot. No work computer of my own. I've been trying to get sdk to work on arm host. No real luck with that.

I've used my compiled version of busybox, add abootimg command.
Offmode charging? You mean when you turn phone off and plug in charger?

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Here is my kernel, https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934545869

Also these config settings need to be used when making boot.img with abootimg
edit: boot.img, I mean recovery.img

Code:
bootsize = 0x9c0000
pagesize = 0x800
kerneladdr = 0x48008000
ramdiskaddr = 0x49400000
secondaddr = 0x48f00000
tagsaddr = 0x48000100
name = 
cmdline = console=ttyHSL0 androidboot.hardware=shooter no_console_suspend=1 maxkhz=1566000 minkhz=540000 gov=ondemand maxscroff=1566000 3dgpu=320000000 2dgpu=266667000 s2w=0 s2w_start= s2w_end= scheduler=noop

Here is img_info from mkboot tool by ModdingMyMind

Code:
kernel=zImage
ramdisk=ramdisk
page_size=2048
kernel_size=4704944
ramdisk_size=4990578
base_addr=0x48000000
kernel_offset=0x00008000
ramdisk_offset=0x01400000
second_offset=0x00f00000
tags_offset=0x00000100
cmd_line="console=ttyHSL0 androidboot.hardware=shooter no_console_suspend=1 maxkhz=1566000 minkhz=540000 gov=ondemand maxscroff=1566000 3dgpu=320000000 2dgpu=266667000 s2w=0 s2w_start= s2w_end= scheduler=noop"
image_size=10223616

Last edited:

jawbonegroove

May 5, 2013
pdx
jcfunk: i for one don't want to see [your] 3d development stall out ... i think it's a fantastic device (just bought a second rather than "upgrading"). i've used butteredtoast and blurom for a -long- time, and really appreciate the time you've put into this phone.

also though, off topic -- i've been wondering about tinkering with something like [ the bedrock linux project] with butteredtoast and trying to run debian services, xorg, etc in a unified android/debian real root. but. i may just be high. thoughts? i'm not sure i know enough to be sure how good an idea it even is; benefits and all that. just seemed like a good phone for it, eh.

jawbonegroove

May 5, 2013
pdx
i can't post there yet. i'm pretty busy but i've pulled some things together to play with in my spare time.
working with arch linux, very few holes to fill in chroot. looking into pacman and friends + cmusl with a development rom in mind.
also (on the gcc front), considering digging into distcc since i have two evos.

PiggyFlooper

Oct 12, 2013
i can't post there yet. i'm pretty busy but i've pulled some things together to play with in my spare time.
working with arch linux, very few holes to fill in chroot. looking into pacman and friends + cmusl with a development rom in mind.

You can post there after you have 10 posts

Sent from above using Xparent Tapatalk

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
You've only got 6 more posts now, if you spread em out instead of getting them all in one day the mods won't hassle you like they originally did me. Deleted all my posts and warned me off, even though everything was on topic and in general sections.

distcc is something like what I was looking for as well, thanks.

Need to post up a thread with what I've figured out for on-device development too, even though it's not 100%. My evo has been so glitchy and intermittently booting (except recovery which is always fine) that I've not messed with it much lately even though it's about as powerful as the old laptop I dragged out of storage to use.
Plus I've been focussed on fixing my Optimus V as much as I can with its ancient unsupported chipset, since it's become my daily driver phone after the evo started taking dumps on me randomly.

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Hello everyone, been working on fixing selinux, security labels. I had issues installing kk-rom with recovery. Well seems to have it fixed. But before I post, I want to try and update to latest official. I just can't get it to boot, if I use shooteru it boots.

asce1992

Apr 14, 2014
Hello everyone, been working on fixing selinux, security labels. I had issues installing kk-rom with recovery. Well seems to have it fixed. But before I post, I want to try and update to latest official. I just can't get it to boot, if I use shooteru it boots.

Why you and @bigsupersquid do not try to create a lollipop rom for htc evo 3d? :)

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Why you and @bigsupersquid do not try to create a lollipop rom for htc evo 3d? :)
my 64-bit box died in december. RIP android build system capability until I recompile nasty toolchains like arm-linux-androideabi for arm or my i686... Ironically, the whole cpu and motherboard overheated while building a lollipop test for my armv6, which couldn't handle art properly anyway. It was actually doing a dexopt successfully on-host when it died, which was very frustrating to lose.

neither my evo or dusted off '04 toshiba laptop could build lollipop in under a day or three even if I had the 32-bit toolchains built.
any money I see goes for household billing, not building, unfortunately. So I can't help until I magically find financial solvency.

I was gonna mention this for app building anyway...
https://code.google.com/p/go-wiki/wiki/GoArm

It's not a build-from-source solution for real android but it is another app-building method that'll work on-arm.

Reactions: jcfunk

xNotta

Aug 4, 2010
I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I really wanted to say THANK YOU! for keeping this recovery going!

THANK YOU!!!!

Top Liked Posts