FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google Play Services 5.x DeepSleep "FIX"

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Bender80, Guest on 7th July 2014, 09:21 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The new Google Play Services 5.x keeps our device awake which results in battery drain.

Install Autorun Manager from Google Play Store and deactivate all SystemUpdateService$Receivers in Google Play Services.

Haven't DeepSleep problems for a week now. Read somewhere else that Google Play Services checks permanently for current Android version in Custom Roms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bender80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bender80 Ad-Free
 
 
Bender80
7th July 2014, 06:56 PM |#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender80

The new Google Play Services 5.x keeps our device awake which results in battery drain.

Install Autorun Manager from Google Play Store and deactivate all SystemUpdateService$Receivers in Google Play Services.

Haven't DeepSleep problems for a week now. Read somewhere else that Google Play Services checks permanently for current Android version in Custom Roms.


http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/66894/

A new CM version from johnnysylt should fix this problem
Last edited by Bender80; 7th July 2014 at 07:01 PM.
9th July 2014, 12:18 PM |#3  
Live Evil's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Question
Before I deactivate all SystemUpdateService$Receivers in Google Play Services, may I know if it can be reversed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender80

The new Google Play Services 5.x keeps our device awake which results in battery drain.

Install Autorun Manager from Google Play Store and deactivate all SystemUpdateService$Receivers in Google Play Services.

Haven't DeepSleep problems for a week now. Read somewhere else that Google Play Services checks permanently for current Android version in Custom Roms.

Bender80
9th July 2014, 05:38 PM |#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Evil

Before I deactivate all SystemUpdateService$Receivers in Google Play Services, may I know if it can be reversed?

Yes
10th July 2014, 05:45 AM |#5  
Live Evil's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Thank you Bender80.
23rd July 2014, 03:13 AM |#6  
PiggyFlooper's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
More
This can also be done in Rom Toolbox- JRummy app, in Auto Start manager. Long press on Google Play Services, hit Advanced, and knock off those permissions.
Thanks for the heads up

Are there any other permissions you would suggest stopping?

Sent from above using Xparent Tapatalk
Last edited by PiggyFlooper; 23rd July 2014 at 03:24 AM.
Bender80
23rd July 2014, 10:38 AM |#7  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
New CM build contains a fix for that problem. I think it works. Other user mentioned in CM thread that battery drain is gone caused by Play Services. Don't know if it's fixed in other Custom Roms.

I usually don't revoke any permissions. Sometimes they have too many affects on other apps. Afterwards you can't remember what you have changed, if something doesn't work as normal. But this battery drain was a pain in the ***.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyFlooper

This can also be done in Rom Toolbox- JRummy app, in Auto Start manager. Long press on Google Play Services, hit Advanced, and knock off those permissions.
Thanks for the heads up

Are there any other permissions you would suggest stopping?

Sent from above using Xparent Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes