[Q] Stock Rom with S-OFF and recovery

OP sftrytry

11th July 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
My sprint 3D has a custom rom with S-OFF. It seems impossible to get 3D camera working without stock kernel. I would rather get back to stock rom. Is there is a way to get back to stock rom still with S-OFF and recovery? Or there is already an answer in the forum but I just did not find it?
11th July 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
Actually you can have 3D camera with custom rom. The problem is: it is possible only with ICS roms, because drivers for 3D camera are available only for Android 4.0.3. HTC did not release those driver for newer Androids. If you want to have KitKat then the answer is "no, you will not have 3D".

Example of custom ROM with working 3D: YAS4 v11. That's rom for my GSM but I'm sure you can find something for your CDMA.

BTW: There is a petition to HTC about releasing source code to those drivers. Sign it. Maybe that will help to include 3D in newer Androids...
12th July 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 243

553 posts
If you flash the ruu pg86img.zip you will have stock recovery and stock ROM..while still s off

Sent from my Evo V 4G using XDA Free mobile app
12th July 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiecho

Actually you can have 3D camera with custom rom. The problem is: it is possible only with ICS roms, because drivers for 3D camera are available only for Android 4.0.3. HTC did not release those driver for newer Androids. If you want to have KitKat then the answer is "no, you will not have 3D".

Example of custom ROM with working 3D: YAS4 v11. That's rom for my GSM but I'm sure you can find something for your CDMA.

BTW: There is a petition to HTC about releasing source code to those drivers. Sign it. Maybe that will help to include 3D in newer Androids...

I am on Revolution 2.0.1 by mike1986. It is a great rom base on stock 4.0.3, stable mostly. I just found it lost ring volume sometimes. Other than that it works perfectly. My guess is that stock room might be the most stable and optimized for a daily driver.

evo 3D without 3D makes less sense to me. Also smoothness, stability, and battery life are all concerns for those 4.4 roms.

I already sign for the drivers, but I do not think HTC will release it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossman

If you flash the ruu pg86img.zip you will have stock recovery and stock ROM..while still s off

Thank you hossman. I will check that.
13th July 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossman

I flashed PG86IMG.zip. Is it safe to receive offical update from HTC?
13th July 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 243

553 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftrytry

I flashed PG86IMG.zip. Is it safe to receive offical update from HTC?

Yup

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread