[Q] Unlocked S-ON Hboot1.58 Philz Touch Recovery

OP oD33z

21st August 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Please help. I have unlocked this phone through HTC Dev. I have flashed a custom recovery. Somewhere through this process, the original installation of the factory rom from VM was deleted. That doesn't bother me because I was never going back to it anyway, but If I had it right now, I wouldn't be here. I have tried to use the RUU exe in fastboot and the RUU zip in recovery from here. Neither will install, exe throws errors and the zip returns [bad]. I have also tried the [ROM] NegaLite-BluRom-JCFunk | 2.95 | Sprint/VM | Sense/Apex/Nova | 03/25/2014. This eventually installed, but will not boot even with installing boot.img separately. I followed all directions to the best of my ability, but by no means am I saying I did correctly, but I am pretty sure I did. So to recap - I have whats in the title, but no rom whatsoever installed that can be accessed. Any takers?
Last edited by oD33z; 22nd August 2014 at 06:14 AM.
21st August 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 230

375 posts
More
Some more info please, hboot version? Which recovery. s-on makes things harder.

To flash stock need to be relocked, stock will not flash from recovery.
If you put rom.zip, stock zip, in root of sdcard and rename to PG86IMG.zip. hboot will flash automaticly.

Or if you have a copy of the custom recovery img file on your computer, you can do a fastboot command that will let you boot from it and give it full write access.
fastboot boot recovery.img, then you can retry to flash negalite
img must be in directory you use fastboot in.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcfunk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #3  

375 posts
More
Philz recovery not working well for 3d, I use 4ext or my unofficial twrp.
22nd August 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Before I proceed in explaining anything, please let me Thank You JCFunk for lending me a hand in my endeavors. This is my first crack at a HTC device. So I'm a newb at locks, hboots, and HTC specifics. So, Thank You!

I scanned through a lot of information and I moved to quickly, thinking I would ace this project and not particularly following a guide step by step. I know I should just wire trick this phone. I am wanting to get to hboot 1.40 and use Revolutionary to S-OFF. Once that is achieved load a kitkat rom. This is just a project, not used for daily phone use - no service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfunk

Some more info please, hboot version? Which recovery. s-on makes things harder.

To flash stock need to be relocked, stock will not flash from recovery.
If you put rom.zip, stock zip, in root of sdcard and rename to PG86IMG.zip. hboot will flash automaticly.

I tried this step first and it returned:

Main Version is older.
Update Fail!
Press <POWER> to reboot.

Would I be correct to say if I flashed the SetMainVersionLOW.zip that this method would likely work?
Also, if I am overcomplicating this(other than wire-trick) and there is an easier method, please advise.
Last edited by oD33z; 22nd August 2014 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Project Updating
22nd August 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #5  

375 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oD33z

Before I proceed in explaining anything, please let me Thank You JCFunk for lending me a hand in my endeavors. This is my first crack at a HTC device. So I'm a newb at locks, hboots, and HTC specifics. So, Thank You!

I scanned through a lot of information and I moved to quickly, thinking I would ace this project and not particularly following a guide step by step. I know I should just wire trick this phone. I am wanting to get to hboot 1.40 and use Revolutionary to S-OFF. Once that is achieved load a kitkat rom. This is just a project, not used for daily phone use - no service.

I tried this step first and it returned:

Main Version is older.
Update Fail!
Press <POWER> to reboot.

Would I be correct to say if I flashed the SetMainVersionLOW.zip that this method would likely work?
Also, if I am overcomplicating this(other than wire-trick) and there is an easier method, please advise.

D33z

How good are you with linux, or do just use windows? Never did wire trick myself, I've always done Unknownforce hboot downgrade. Which I can now do in about 15 min.

s-off not required, there's many way to bypass unlocked limitations.

Your main var is to high because htc never released a current ruu, so the ota pushed version higher but no ruu to match.

what can I help you do?

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D, remember all development is done on my phone, not a computer
22nd August 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:

Philz recovery not working well for 3d, I use 4ext or my unofficial twrp.

Does your unofficial twrp support SELinux? I am assuming it does but just checking. Is it available for download and if so where?
22nd August 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #7  

375 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oD33z

Does your unofficial twrp support SELinux? I am assuming it does but just checking. Is it available for download and if so where?

here's the thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2831444

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D, remember all development is done on my phone, not a computer
22nd August 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:

How good are you with linux, or do just use windows? Never did wire trick myself, I've always done Unknownforce hboot downgrade. Which I can now do in about 15 min.

s-off not required, there's many way to bypass unlocked limitations.

Your main var is to high because htc never released a current ruu, so the ota pushed version higher but no ruu to match.

what can I help you do?

I am great with linux, but was under the assumption it needed to be burned to cd and that USB was not an option, please advise if not the case. I have read a ton and I remember reading about Unknownforce, but cant remember if thats the case or not.

Off topic: I learned from you that it has to be locked to go stock, but does it need to be unlocked to flash your rom or locked as well?
22nd August 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #9  

375 posts
More
Unlocked for custom, locked for stock.

Here is unknownforce ultimate tool,
there was a live cd version made for windows users scared of linux.
I use tiny core linux for this, Ubuntu tries to mount all the partitions and you only have a 5 second window when they are writeable. I have used Ubuntu, at first, but preferred tinycore.
But first you are going to need to get stock.zip to install.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1653777

I would do fastboot boot recovery.img

Then install negalite, so atless you can boot the phone

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

here is 4ext recovery I would use this one first until you get used to things, best recovery for 3d.

22nd August 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Is 4ext > TWRP unofficial? I am currently on your unofficial TWRP and installing the latest negalite.
Last edited by oD33z; 22nd August 2014 at 06:48 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread