Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 53,728 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] If You Were To Buy A New Android Phone Tomorrow What Would It Be?

Tip us?

broad_st_bully
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Question [Q] If You Were To Buy A New Android Phone Tomorrow What Would It Be?

So it's almost time to get a new phone but I can't figure out what to get...iPhone is definitely OUT...I refuse to be stuck with Apple-only BS...

...so if you were going to get a new Android device (phone) tomorrow what would it be?
I mean what is a step above the EVO 4G (besides the E3D)? Is there something better than the E4G?
Was thinking about this today....definitely need something that can be freaked like the Evo 4G.....

I'm not diggin' the E3D because of the lower MP camera & I hear the 3D really isn't all that...plus I've seen some "3D" footage shot with the E3D and it looked like regular old camera-phone footage...definitely NOT impressed at all...seems more like a gimmick to me...

I hear the Nexus has "the full Android experience" whatever the hell that means...I'm guessing no carrier bloatware?

Anyway...any suggestions?
-My.Color.Screen-
I know it was wrong but I did it anyway.

uniquenameevo
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Galaxys24g touch or whatever it's called.

Robbsta
Old
Thanks Meter 8
If your stuck on sprint I would get the 3d. It has more ram and a better processor. The development on the 3d is huge which means better roms. My roommate has a Samsung epic 4g and its a pain in the a**. Not much going on in terms of rom development and even getting a rom on it involves upgrading the radio everytime a new rom is leaked. You also have to flash pretty much everything through samsungs software instead of CWM (no amonRA on samsungs that I have seen). I would stick to HTC.

If you can switch carriers the HTC sensation looks nice.

tropicalbrit
Old
(Last edited by tropicalbrit; 16th October 2011 at 04:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 191

DONATE TO ME
If I had to buy tomorrow...

On Sprint, probably the Epic Touch. Verizon, Droid Bionic. AT&T, Galaxy S II. T-Mobile, Amaze.

Of all? Epic Touch I think. If only it had a metal/soft touch unibody and some actual heft...

Just remembered. Epic Touch has LOS and a couple issues right now. Dang it.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
Devices:
HTC Jewel (Personal AOSP JB build / Sense ROM)
Samsung Moment (CM7)
Nook Color (CM9)
HTC Supersonic (BRICKED)

Supersonic Rooting | Sense | FAQ here!
Want to donate? HERE on PayPal, I would appreciate it very much! Or just hit the "Thanks" button!

DatBSlim
Old
Thanks Meter 0
SAMSUNG GALAXY S 2 EPIC 4G TOUCH or HTC SENSATION XE OR XL WITH BEATS AUDIO

My Oreo Evo 4g

teh roxxorz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2045

DONATE TO ME
Nexus Prime > Samsung Galaxy S II.
この こえ かれて も きえない メロヂー

The difference between the strong and weak willed is that the weak traverse with wounds covered up and hide when attacked, while the strong stride on with open hands and tears. Wounds bared open, and will continue to go on, even when broken at their core

Nexus 5
Teh Kernel kill count: 3
</3

If you wanna chat, message me.
Xbox Live: teh roxxorz [Live is up]
PSN [PS3 | PS4]: tehroxxorz666 [Where you'll likely find me]

My dropbox is a little hungry again, if you'd like a dropbox, register via my link, and we'll both get an extra 500mb storage. Thank you in advance you beautiful person you.

dw3bb10
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Epic 4G Touch, without a doubt.

cmsjr123
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
well tomorrow better be the day when a kal el device is released with a 4.5 inch HD screen 1-2 gb of ram :P and 32GB of internal storage.

if tomorrow was really tomorrow. probably the evo 3d just do to its familiarity and sense.
If you would like to use my server for hosting ROM's or maybe just some flashable zip's, Or maybe need a website or some forums. Please Do email me at admin@cmsjr123.com

I recommend people use a VPN service when connecting to public networks or when not at home. Help hide your USAGE and information.
IBVPN

alaman68
Old
Thanks Meter 854
Nexus prime or whatever they are calling it

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

OneStepAhead
Old
(Last edited by OneStepAhead; 16th October 2011 at 04:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbsta View Post
If your stuck on sprint I would get the 3d. It has more ram and a better processor. The development on the 3d is huge which means better roms. My roommate has a Samsung epic 4g and its a pain in the a**. Not much going on in terms of rom development and even getting a rom on it involves upgrading the radio everytime a new rom is leaked. You also have to flash pretty much everything through samsungs software instead of CWM (no amonRA on samsungs that I have seen). I would stick to HTC.

If you can switch carriers the HTC sensation looks nice.
Coming from htc, odin is one of the coolest things ive seen in a while. You can still use clockwork. I upgraded to the d710 from the 3d and yes you are right the 3d has more development. Which is good because the 3d needs a lot of work where as the stock rom on the d710 is fantastic and really doesnt need any deving. The d710 crushes the 3d in speed im not sure why you're arguing the reverse? Ive been loyal to htc for years but they just aren't what they used to be. Samsung is the new HTC in my eyes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Diztronic Owner

My Current Devices:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T)
  • OnePlus One
  • Asus Nexus 7
  • Apple iPad (Verizon - 3rd Generation)