[Q] EVO 4G Hotspot & Tethering problems Can I manually configure MASK & GATEWAY??

OP have2flash

31st August 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I have been using a sprint EVO4G flashed to BOOST for over 3 years. I have been very pleased with all functionality and have never had problems with anything EXCEPT the darn micro USB ports always getting messed up and the battery life. NOT a newsflash!!

I am an ebay seller and have been in a location last month or so that required me to use my HOT SPOT for internet connectivity. After using the hot spot for some time, It stopped working. It would pass an IP address but the subnet mask is incorrect (255.255.0.0) and no gateway showing up. Could not figure out a way to manually set the correct mask and gateway.

So I switched over to tethering. Correct mask.....gateway. Rocking along......
Now the tethering is starting the same thing I get an IP address but the mask is 255.255.0.0 and no Gateway.

I have been looking for a hotspot app that will allow me to configure the mask and gateway it passes onto hotspot connections but google play store sucks when trying to sort and search for real specific things like this. So it is a slow task

System Information:
May not have anything to do with this but here it is
ANDROID----2.3.3
HTC Sense---2.1
SOFTWARE # ---4.24.651.1
PRI---1.90_003
PRL---61010
KERNEL
2.6.35.10-gc0a661b
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
BASEBAND---Synergy (RLS 1)
BROWSER---WebKit/533.1

I am also seeing some other issues that make me think I have just sort of worn this poor little ol' phone out!!!
Screen locks up and won't take input unless I turn screen of and swipe to unlock.
Latency on phone like memory full or like in windows when it takes so long to close due to network issues (hum....)
I don't use a lot of extra stuff. Could list but not sure its necessary.
Configured to store everything possible on SD card. Free internal 44MB
Screen cycling on some web pages (specifically forum pages)
Closing of browsers unexpectedly
Even reloading the system. Not rebooting, just reloading.
Errors when downloading from google play (I think it was 941???) but then turned into insufficient storage when there is room. Had to clear caches and data.

thanks in advance
Last edited by have2flash; 31st August 2014 at 11:44 PM.
31st August 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #2  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,919

11,172 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is the EVO 4G LTE forum. You want the EVO 4G forum. Please ask a mod to move your thread.
31st August 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Thank-you. Have done so.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread