Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q&A] [ROM]TN.kitkat.4.4.2.HTC.evo.supersonic(aosp)viper.mod. a2sd_updated4/26/14

OP QA Bot

QA Bot
11th October 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #1  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Q&A for [ROM]TN.kitkat.4.4.2.HTC.evo.supersonic(aosp)viper.mod. a2sd_updated4/26/14

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:
11th October 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

10 posts
I'm running supersonic, hboot 6.16 with S-OFF. Have TWRP 2.8 Installed and flashed the TN kitkat rom and gapps core together but play store and the other Gapps do not show up. Someone suggested that using TWRP 2.7.0.0 worked for them, however, flashing 2.7.0.0 through bootloader gives a Fail-PU Update Fail and trying to flash it via fastboot also fails. So far, 2.7.0.0 is the only version of TWRP that fails to install. Any suggestions for getting gapps to work on this rom? I've tried flashing several other kk gapp packs, but they all fail with a message about not being able to run the update script in the zip file.
11th October 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #3  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,258

12,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultyler82

I'm running supersonic, hboot 6.16 with S-OFF. Have TWRP 2.8 Installed and flashed the TN kitkat rom and gapps core together but play store and the other Gapps do not show up. Someone suggested that using TWRP 2.7.0.0 worked for them, however, flashing 2.7.0.0 through bootloader gives a Fail-PU Update Fail and trying to flash it via fastboot also fails. So far, 2.7.0.0 is the only version of TWRP that fails to install. Any suggestions for getting gapps to work on this rom? I've tried flashing several other kk gapp packs, but they all fail with a message about not being able to run the update script in the zip file.

TWRP 2.8 is probably fine - the GApps packages are likely just too large and the flash is failing because your system partition is full.
11th October 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #4  

10 posts
What do I need to do to get gapps working then? The posted gapps core package doesn't fail on flash like other gapp packs, but the market and other apps never show up.
11th October 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bensalem, PA

12,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What do I need to do to get gapps working then? The posted gapps core package doesn't fail on flash like other gapp packs, but the market and other apps never show up.

Have you tried downloading the latest core GApps through the EV Updater in the ROM?

(I assume this ROM has that)
11th October 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #6  

10 posts
Just tried that, flashed through recovery, EV Update only lets you flash gapps in conjunction with a nightly. Flash seemed to succeed, but no luck. Gapps not appearing, nowhere to enter google account in the UI.
11th October 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bensalem, PA

12,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just tried that, flashed through recovery, EV Update only lets you flash gapps in conjunction with a nightly. Flash seemed to succeed, but no luck. Gapps not appearing, nowhere to enter google account in the UI.

Can you use the File Manager in Recovery to navigate to /system/priv-app and look for the Google apps? Maybe try extracting them from the zip and manually copying them and setting permissions? There must be some explanation. I've never had a problem with GApps. Can you try fully wiping (including system) and flash the ROM and core GApps again, just to be sure?
11th October 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #8  

10 posts
Ok. Wiped and reflashed. Odd thing is, before rebooting, the gapps appear to be in /system, however, on restart, they don't show up and when browsing to /system in ES File Explorer, the gapps have disappeared. I have never seen anything like it before, but then, I haven't played with Evos much.
11th October 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #9  
Flag Bensalem, PA

12,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok. Wiped and reflashed. Odd thing is, before rebooting, the gapps appear to be in /system, however, on restart, they don't show up and when browsing to /system in ES File Explorer, the gapps have disappeared. I have never seen anything like it before, but then, I haven't played with Evos much.

You are wiping system, right?
11th October 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #10  

10 posts
Ok, tried a few more times now, let me walk you through what I've done.
First, using TWRP, I go to Wipe>Advanced Wipe and select EVERYTHING except sdcard, do the wipe. No errors.
Next, Install. I've now tried both TN KitKat and gapps together, gapps seperately after KitKat, and gapps seperately before KitKat
Each time the result is the same, new boot into KitKat results in the first run demo and no gapps to be found.

Here is the odd part I've now noticed that makes me think either I'm not doing something right, or TWRP isn't treating system correctly. All references to TWRP's file manager means using Advanced>File Manager.
On a new wipe, TWRP's file manager shows usr and bin directories in /system.
After any of the above methods of flashing, TWRP's file manager shows usr and bin AND everything from the gapps package but nothing from the KitKat package.
After first boot, ES File Explorer shows everything expected from the KitKat package in /system and nothing from gapps.
After first boot, rebooting into TWRP and using it's file manager shows only usr and bin present in /system, none of the KitKat or gapps stuff, yet booting back into the system works fine and ES File Explorer continues to show the KitKat stuff in /system.
Attempting to flash the gapps package in again after first boot gives the same results as above.
Attempting to copy anything into /system via ES File Explorer fails on a Read Only error.
Attempting to copy gapps into /system via TWRP file manager gives the same results as flashing the package.

Some other info that may or may not help... Using the Repair or Change File System tool in the Advanced Wipe menu reports the following for System partition: Mount Point: /system, File System: yaffs2, Present: Yes, Removable: No, Size: 350MB, Used: 317MB, Free: 32MB, Backup Size: 317MB

I appreciate the help, I'm thinking that certainly I've missed something along the way, but I can't figure out what.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa
Previous Thread Next Thread