[Q] Trying to flash back to stock from CM to update PRL for FreedomPop

Search This thread

Evo4gNoob

Sep 17, 2014
I'm trying to flash back to stock or some sort of sense rom so that i can update profile/prl I just changed carriers, i use CM 7 on my evo 4g, I've tried DL a few roms from here are other places and none of them will flash back to stock i always get an error saying assert failed. I am afraid to remove the assert from the zip in case im doing something wrong i dont want to brick my phone. Is there anyway anyone here can help me? I am sorry if this is a noob question i will be quick to provide addition information if needed.

Evo4gNoob

Sep 17, 2014
got past assert fail error, installed most up to date stock rooted rom, kept getting incessant errors, and force close, phone was unoperable, reverted to cyanogenmod and still unable to activate on new carrier.

also, when i reverted and tried to fix permissions [common fix for FC error] for some reason the rom was so glitchy that it would get frozen while attempting to fix permissions. so i got nowhere, trying a new rom now to see if that helps, ripping my hair out over this all day long driving me crazy, now i remeber why i stopped using a cell phone

Evo4gNoob

Sep 17, 2014
pissed

ive spent all day flashing crap roms that don't work, even supposably the best up to date stock rom i can get from this site, and nothing is working, every time it fails or sends me to endles boot loop;.;;about to see if evo will blend if you know what i mean....

Merudo

Jun 28, 2014
Are you using a USB cable or a custom recovery to flash your roms?

Also, what version is your bootloader?

Finally, why the heck are you on CM7 instead of CM11?

Last edited:

Evo4gNoob

Sep 17, 2014
Are you using a USB cable or a custom recovery to flash your roms?

Also, what version is your bootloader?

Finally, why the heck are you on CM7 instead of CM11?

i was using clockwork recovery to flash roms, ended up finally getting it to work by using a custom rom called "swagged out stock* it wasn't that great so i just updated prl and profile activated my new carrier and returned to CM7....

the reason im using cm7 instead of 11 is becuase i am using the evo 4g (supersonic) and the highest version available is 7.2 unless im wrong...

everything is working fine now so im happy, but curious as to why i might want cm11 on here or how i can even get it.

Merudo

Jun 28, 2014
i was using clockwork recovery to flash roms, ended up finally getting it to work by using a custom rom called "swagged out stock* it wasn't that great so i just updated prl and profile activated my new carrier and returned to CM7....

the reason im using cm7 instead of 11 is becuase i am using the evo 4g (supersonic) and the highest version available is 7.2 unless im wrong...

everything is working fine now so im happy, but curious as to why i might want cm11 on here or how i can even get it.

Oh sorry... I thought you had the evo 4g lte (jewel). There are some 10.1 and 10.2 unofficial ports for the supersonic, but I'm not sure of their quality...

Glad you found a way to solve your issue though!

Reactions: Evo4gNoob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Oh sorry... I thought you had the evo 4g lte (jewel). There are some 10.1 and 10.2 unofficial ports for the supersonic, but I'm not sure of their quality...

Glad you found a way to solve your issue though!