• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Paget96

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
Thread Learn the scripting that goes behind making your favorite speed mods from the creator of the best one, L Speed Mod - @Paget96.

Sent from my Explorer A310e using Tapatalk
Thank you for sharing, also I guess that users will jump and learn. As everyone know my contributions and dedication, everyone will start to learn because I will make fast replies as always ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MSF Jarvis

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
@MSF Jarvis : WHATS NEW IN Build #2 ?

& can I just flash it over on kirmani's latest kk ROM ?
@jime1 , if you haven't used build 1 yet, there's nothing new for you, just a stable pac rom port. And no you can't flash it over any other rom. Make it a habit to read atleast the OP post before asking dumb questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: jime1

jime1

Jul 27, 2013
Center
Realme XT
@jime1 , if you haven't used build 1 yet, there's nothing new for you, just a stable pac rom port. And no you can't flash it over any other rom. Make it a habit to read atleast the OP post before asking dumb questions.

Yes, yes sure ! :)
I was just asking whether your PAC is better than kirmani's ROM in terms of battery and wifi and speed consistency ..
is it ?

seems like now every one else has bought themselves a new/better phone than pico :rolleyes:

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
Yes, yes sure ! :)
I was just asking whether your PAC is better than kirmani's ROM in terms of battery and wifi and speed consistency ..
is it ?

seems like now every one else has bought themselves a new/better phone than pico :rolleyes:
WiFi and Battery is a bit better in my build 2 than @kirmaniarslan's CM 11 build 7. I suggest you wait for build 3 since that has updated sources so everything is supposed to be better than previous builds and ROMs which have been abandoned months ago.

Sent from my HTC Desire 616 dual sim using Tapatalk

Reactions: jime1

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
If you are porting Roms to Pico, then Xperia Arc s is quite Good, You can Port Every CM based ROM from that device :)
@Black_Eyes, thanks for the device suggestion. HTC Sensation forums were running out of good ROMs to port. I'll look over at those forums after I upload the third build of the PAC ROM port.

XenoMorphv2

Mar 28, 2013
first of all dat is FASTEST CM 11 ^^ i set proccessor 878 n Noop --->
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go
than remember cm9 days :D with kitkat... thanks for all your efffort

edit: also s2w rocks :cool:

abhi_qwerty

Apr 13, 2013
Bhopal
Review [Lite]

Lets start with Cons (there are few):
i. Noticeable lockscreen delay. (Workaround:- Settings/Display and uncheck Prevent accidental wake-up )
ii. Gapps doesn't seems to work. (I can live without that.)

Pros (there are many, keeping it minimal):
i. OC at 767MHz and IO Sch. NOOP makes our device fly.
ii. No random reboots so far.
iii. S2W
iv. Latest CM sources.
v. Only ROM for HTC Pico that is safe from Stagefright Vulnerability.
vi. Lots of PAC goodies.
vii. ~Many more~

Recommendation Index : 8.5/10

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
first of all dat is FASTEST CM 11 ^^ i set proccessor 878 n Noop --->
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go
than remember cm9 days :D with kitkat... thanks for all your efffort

edit: also s2w rocks :cool:
Thanks for the feedback. But please don't OC it to 878 for long, I don't want to lose a user for PAC ;)

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
Lets start with Cons (there are few):
i. Noticeable lockscreen delay. (Workaround:- Settings/Display and uncheck Prevent accidental wake-up )
ii. Gapps doesn't seems to work. (I can live without that.)

Pros (there are many, keeping it minimal):
i. OC at 767MHz and IO Sch. NOOP makes our device fly.
ii. No random reboots so far.
iii. S2W
iv. Latest CM sources.
v. Only ROM for HTC Pico that is safe from Stagefright Vulnerability.
vi. Lots of PAC goodies.
vii. ~Many more~

Recommendation Index : 8.5/10
I'm currently looking for a GApps package that works. Basketbuild GApps, SlimROMs GApps, YourZGapps XS; all caused a bootloop.

P.S. I knew that CM had added the StageFright fix into their sources, but I nearly forgot that I was using latest sources. So I didn't check for StageFright. Thanks for telling and also for the awesome score.

Last edited:

XenoMorphv2

Mar 28, 2013
bro idk but problem with videos comes with web ,webcore webkit ? (idk)x2 maybe that is causing the problem otherwise videos in sd card work fine with native gallery app
also there is a change to reduce lag on notification panel , coz sometimes hard to pull down is it ?

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
@abhi_qwerty, I can't manage to get a flashable GApps to work. I managed to get them to work by copy-pasting the files manually and setting perms. All I can help is to create an init.d script to set perms on boot. Hit me back if anyone's interested.

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
bro idk but problem with videos comes with web ,webcore webkit ? (idk)x2 maybe that is causing the problem otherwise videos in sd card work fine with native gallery app
also there is a change to reduce lag on notification panel , coz sometimes hard to pull down is it ?
It's WebView. And about the notification panel lagging, continue to use OC or enable the touch init.d script in the init.d section

It's WebView. And about the notification panel lagging, continue to use OC or enable the touch init.d script in the init.d section

Webview problem can be solved by changing it to classic webview. is it possible to change chromiuim webview to classic webview. Your rom is so good and I want to port it to armv6 devices only with your permission but problem would be that browser would not work as armv6 devices don't support chromiuim webview. So, it would be great if someone could help to make classic webview work

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
You're free to port it to any device, but armv7 to armv6 ports are a bit tricky. I have seen that you have ported one or two ROMs from the Pico Forums (I don't remeber exactly, maybe FIUI), so go ahead and attempt it. As far as WebView is concerned, Android L has a separate WebView app that isnt available in KK or past versions. And my ROM has the classic WebView, so I dont get whats the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header_Glass.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots_Glass.png

HERE

Features_Glass.png

Features.png

Disclaimer_Glass.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

How_to_Install_Glass.png

* Download the ROM and GApps

* Reboot to recovery

* Wipe data/factory reset

* Flash the ROM and then GApps

* Reboot your phone

* Enjoy

How_to_Update_Glass.png

* Download the latest version

* Reboot to recovery

* Flash the ROM

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache

* Reboot your phone

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM

Not_Working_Glass.png

Other_Info_Glass.png

* Nothin' Really

Download_Glass.png

Websites_Glass.png

Credits_Glass.png

* PAC-ROM Team

* Cyanogen Team

* AOKP Team

* Paranoid Android

* SlimRoms

* RootBox

* Carbon ROM

* Vanir

* ChameleonOS

* Omnirom

* Paranoid SaberDroid

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names)

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names)

* And of course, thank you for your love and support!

Support_Glass.png

Help with server costs

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    PAC ROM - An All In One ROM, ROM for the HTC Pico (Explorer)

Contributors
    MSF Jarvis, abhi_qwerty
    Source Code: https://github.com/PAC-ROM

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 2.8.7.0 OFFICIAL Recovery
    Based On: PA,AOKP,CM

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: BUILD#3
    Stable Release Date: 2015-09-18
    Current Beta Version: BUILD#1
    Beta Release Date: 2015-08-31

Created 2015-08-31
    Last Updated 2016-02-19
    I see 23 downloads and no comments. Is that a good thing ???

Hurray!!!

Build #3 has gone Live NOW!!!! Go Ahead and download it right now from the link in OP post. @vaibhav1, @iamrohit7, @XenoMorphv2, @jime1 and @abhi_qwerty, I'm really counting on you all for feedback.

Known Issues
    Included MX Player and ARM Codec keeps crashing (Maybe derped perms, i'm looking into it. Just delete it off the zip)
    There is no browser in this ROM?

Edit: If possible, please provide a flashable zip.
    Done. Also threw in Gallery, Apollo and Email. Available in post #2[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my Explorer A310e
    Flashin Instructions for Build#3

Flashing Instructions for Build#3

Build#3 incorporates the the largest amount of changes than any PAC build till now. Be it the updated drivers and latest CM sources, or the CM 12 Kernel tree with awesom3 and Stable PLL2 OC (Supports upto 878Mhz, but I recommend 767MHz max). Therefore needing dedicated flashing instructions as I've given below.

Step 1 - Prepping Your SD-Card
    • You'll need TWO SD-EXT partitions along with the FAT32/NTFS partition on your SD-Card. Since we are doing a proper OC, We need to unmount any R/W partitions on our NAND or we will face a NAND burn. That is why we need a SD-DATA and a SD-CACHE partition on our SD Card. Partition layout should be like this:
      image.png
    Step 2 - Flashing Build#3
    • Since this build uses Brand-New sources (@anonymous-user, can't thank you enough man) and kernel trees, it is incompatible with previous data. So go ahead and do a FULL WIPE.
    • Flash the TWRP 2.8.0.0 awesom3 recovery from here.
    • Download and place the PAC-pico-KTU84Q-UNOFFICIAL-BUILD_3.zip on your SD Card(Uploading now, Links will be up in a few hours)
    • Flash the ZIP and reboot
    • First boot takes 15 minutes after which you can setup and use PAC to your Heart's Content!!!
    • Send me reviews, bug reports and feature requests; but only in the appropriate tabs. Any such reports on the main thread will be entertained, but adhering to above said rules helps keep the thread clean.