[Q] Flashing Same Rom without losing data

OP ReX-Hell2heAven

12th September 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 9

83 posts
More
I have already Searched this but dint get satisfied answers....

I am Using Sense5 Rom(EXDERIOD) and installed about 30 apps and has System Data i.e contacts n msgs ,fnds stream and calendar sync..
Here is the Problem..Now it's not working properly(All my apps are force closing and Not letting me to install new apps Especially WATSPP IS FORCE CLOSING showing error "UNABLE TO OPEN MESSAGE HISTORY") after i tried some mods n flashed some extra stuff...

So I want to flash the SAME ROM again but without losing DATA sply System data... I know I can use Titanium for apps+data and MyBackUp Pro for CONTACTS & MSGS ...I used to do that whenever I Flash a New ROM ..
But Main Prob is ...CONTACTS (I Know GOOGLE give Backup but I linked all the contacts with fb and watsapp..and put images as caller IDs so if I get a Backup from GooGle or anyother app it gives only contacts and i have to linkup and do setup everything again)

I flashed only boot.img with fastboot lost all the data and also flashed ROM again giving bootloops and sometimes lost the data..

So any suggestions ??? or any Ideas???
12th September 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag nasik
Thanks Meter: 12

45 posts
More
APP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReX-Hell2heAven

I have already Searched this but dint get satisfied answers....

I am Using Sense5 Rom(EXDERIOD) and installed about 30 apps and has System Data i.e contacts n msgs ,fnds stream and calendar sync..
Here is the Problem..Now it's not working properly(All my apps are force closing and Not letting me to install new apps Especially WATSPP IS FORCE CLOSING showing error "UNABLE TO OPEN MESSAGE HISTORY") after i tried some mods n flashed some extra stuff...

So I want to flash the SAME ROM again but without losing DATA sply System data... I know I can use Titanium for apps+data and MyBackUp Pro for CONTACTS & MSGS ...I used to do that whenever I Flash a New ROM ..
But Main Prob is ...CONTACTS (I Know GOOGLE give Backup but I linked all the contacts with fb and watsapp..and put images as caller IDs so if I get a Backup from GooGle or anyother app it gives only contacts and i have to linkup and do setup everything again)

I flashed only boot.img with fastboot lost all the data and also flashed ROM again giving bootloops and sometimes lost the data..

So any suggestions ??? or any Ideas???

Download Nandroid manger. it have feature to restore user as well as system app+data from nandroid backup. give it try.
The Following User Says Thank You to ULTIMATESAM For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Pico (Explorer) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank