@thewisenerd and other users here. Needing some help please.
Lines from OP (Need a clarification on one thing)
Q: How to use?
Wipe the system, data and cache partition.
fastboot flash the given recovery.img.
wipe the system, data and cache partitions, again. preferably use flash_erase on the partitions.
flash your preferred ROM
flash the given kernel, *with* aw3som3
you're good to go!
I have three doubts:
1) Does the ROM have to be aw3som3 based only or I could just download CM11 rom and just flash it (obviously as per the above steps).
2) If the specific ROM's OP has said that I need to make partitions and has given his steps and stuff (but the OP is not upto date sometimes as old as 2013's last edit) then can I just ignore that ROM's partition methods and go ahead step by step with what is mentioned here?
3) The device I am going to do this on is totally stock. Not a single thing done like rooting or any other stuff. So my doubt is that after I am done with rooting it, can I just proceed with the steps mentioned here in the OP or do I need to do something else too?
Also thanks a lot dev for working on such an old device and giving it a new life. I just read back a few pages and found your posts which were very helpful.
2) It's possible that the op might be not updated. Just download the latest version of the ROM and proceed with thewisenerd's instructions.
3) First unlock your bootloader and then root the phone. Then make an Sd-ext partition (around 1GB) on your SD-card and then flash any rom!
Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app