[HINT] Using Myriad JAVA taken from SE X2

Search This thread

de Wolfe

Feb 9, 2009
Hello everybody,
Maybe a couple of you are like me not really satisfied with the integrated JBlend. It doesn't create shortcuts, looks bad etc. ...
For me the Java-client of the SE Xperia X2 did solve that problem. You can load it here: *KLICK* (Post 2)
Install it and if you're not using WWE-Rom then do the following changes within the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apps\Esmertec Java]
"ProgramsGamesURL"="\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Games" ;this
"ProgramsURL"="\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs"
\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Games is a language-dependent part

Do a softreset and install any midlets you want. Shortcuts will be created by default (see my screen). With this JAVA-client it is also possible to run midlets in Landscape mode (2nd screen) - added Opera Mini to rotation support with BsB-Tweak.

screen013r98.jpg
screen02yt00.jpg

If you want to open your midlets that are already installed on your device then go to Windows/java and simply click all the *.jar-files within that folder. They will now automatically install with the new JAVA-suite.

Maybe someone likes it as I do. :D
Cheers.

gregwee

Jun 13, 2009
I downloaded the java from your link and installed it. however, I can't seem to find it in the list of programs. How do I access the new java engine? I am using WWE ROM.

de Wolfe

Feb 9, 2009
As I said you have to reinstall your installed Midlets (can be found in Windows/java, *.jar-files). Then shortcuts will be created in your start menu. To see a list of all installed Midlets go to Settings (Wm6.5, not Sense), System and click on "Java".

marty41

Nov 13, 2007
hi what version opera mini did you get (link pls)
i cant get it to install . it get half way three times then fails
thx
marty
:(

marty41

Nov 13, 2007
ok story so far, removed myriad installed opera mini 5 beta 2 worked ok
reinstalled myriad this time to device reset then reinstalled opera , this time it worked but its working on jblend still how do i get it on myriad
also shortcut on start menu always reinstalls it
help appreciated otherwise i'll get bored and not bother lol
thx
marty

RoleX1

Nov 18, 2008
I have installed this on my Xperia X1, though when I try to run a file for Example: "Jbenchmark3D" it comes up with a message saying "could not start the JBenchmark3D application"

Any ideas what could be wrong? the icons for each app shows up in my programs list, they just done run (when I try they show the message above)

I hope someone can help..

allthedogs

Dec 5, 2009
Can it Run on Samsung i900/i908?

Hi, I installed Myriad Java on my Samsung Omnia i908, but whenever I run the Jar file, it just caused a certification problem. Can Myriad Java support Samsung i900/i908?

Thanks!

Last edited:

yogesh324

Jul 29, 2010
Pune
hey i tried to install myriad java on my omnia i8000 running winmo 6.1 official rom but it says "either it is not signed with a trusted certificate certificate error or one of the component cannot be found. try reinstalling." can u please upload the extracted jbed.exe in ur \windows dir please . . . . thank you.

Final5k

Aug 5, 2009
I would like to know how can we change the fonts size in Myriad Java? In Esmertec Jbed, we could edit the fonts via registry tweaks, but I have not found similar tweak for Myriad Java. Anyone knows how?