[Q] Connect HD2 in bootloader to linux PC

OP philossus

29th August 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello,

I am trying to get back from WP7 to Windows Mobile on my HD2 (European version) but my Ubuntu 14.04 PC doesn't see the phone bootlader mode.

Bootlader shows:
PB81100 HX-BC
SPL-2.08.HSPL 8G XE
0x05
CotullaHSPL 0x50
USB

My SD card on which I kept Windows Phone 7 is probably broken because it is not readable even though I connect it through adapter and not through the phone so I can only use USB to install the old system.

On HD2 I can boot Windows Phone but only to make an emergency call and not further.

Do I need to install some drivers on my PC? Are there any for linux?

Thanks in advance for help.
29th August 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,035

4,235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philossus

Hello,

I am trying to get back from WP7 to Windows Mobile on my HD2 (European version) but my Ubuntu 14.04 PC doesn't see the phone bootlader mode.

Bootlader shows:
PB81100 HX-BC
SPL-2.08.HSPL 8G XE
0x05
CotullaHSPL 0x50
USB

My SD card on which I kept Windows Phone 7 is probably broken because it is not readable even though I connect it through adapter and not through the phone so I can only use USB to install the old system.

On HD2 I can boot Windows Phone but only to make an emergency call and not further.

Do I need to install some drivers on my PC? Are there any for linux?

Thanks in advance for help.

you should be able to flash wm6.5 from your sdcard.
look in your downloaded extracted wm6.5 folder for a file called RUU_signed.nbh, and rename it leoimg.nbh and put it on the root of your sdcard.
Go to bootloader screen and it should flash it.
Be sure to use the correct wm6.5 rom for your phone, tmous phones can be bricked if wrong rom flashed.
See http://www.jayceooi.com/2011/01/01/h...deo/#more-7398 if unclear
good luck, and welcome to the forum

Edit; Sorry, just re-read your post and sdcard is duff, try https://www.winehq.org/

Edit2; which wp7 rom was it? If it was an early rom, it might be storagelocked, and inaccessible. All of the latest wp7 roms do not lock your sdcard so that you can still access the 200mb fat32 partition, you can resize it to the full extent of the sdcard using gparted, and re-format it. Then flash from sdcard as above.
Else unlock sdcard with an old nokia phone, or buy/borrow an sdcard
Last edited by Robbie P; 29th August 2014 at 10:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Firstly, thank you for fast response.

I used other SD Card and did it the way with leoimg and at first it stopped when I tried installing 3.14, but 1.6 did install! Everything works fine.

Thanks again for help.
31st August 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I have one more question.

I need to change language to Polish and I tried a few things:

I have installed WWE_East_Europe 3.14 but even though I change regional settings to Polish, language does not change.
I tried to install InterWrite's Extension extpkg.exe through Wine but it gives an error 'files have changed'.
I have also tried to change the name of extpkg to leimg.nbh and istall it through SD Card but, as I expected, it did not work.

Is there a possibility to change language to Polish in any other way?
1st September 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 83

331 posts
More
There's no possibility to change language in Windows Mobile, unfortunately. You need to look for a ROM from Polish operators.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spaqin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread