Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone won't charge, instead it goes to recovery when I plug it in

Tip us?

cakedev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Plug [Q] Phone won't charge, instead it goes to recovery when I plug it in

Hello,

Yesterday my Incredible S was booted into android, when I found it didn't charge anymore. The LED worked (showing red), and also it said "Charging", however the percentage only stayed the same, or went down. Since it reached 0% I can't get it to boot anymore. When I plug in the charger, the red LED blinks shortly and then boots into recovery (Clockworkmod 6), where it appears to be stable as long as I keep the charger in, and when I remove the plug it stays on for a minute or 5.

I can't boot into android or even into fastboot, but it will only (automatically) boot into recovery. I've tried different chargers and outlets, and i've also tried cleaning the cache and factory reset.

My current rom was android 4.4.4 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2519414) though I don't think the rom is the problem.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar? Is my battery faulty and can I just replace it, or is this probably not it? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

PS: my recovery seemed to have changed it's menu since I experienced my problem: Some options seem to have changed, including that I can not select the "Wipe battery stats" anywhere anymore.

Mohamed Ab M
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedev View Post
Hello,

Yesterday my Incredible S was booted into android, when I found it didn't charge anymore. The LED worked (showing red), and also it said "Charging", however the percentage only stayed the same, or went down. Since it reached 0% I can't get it to boot anymore. When I plug in the charger, the red LED blinks shortly and then boots into recovery (Clockworkmod 6), where it appears to be stable as long as I keep the charger in, and when I remove the plug it stays on for a minute or 5.

I can't boot into android or even into fastboot, but it will only (automatically) boot into recovery. I've tried different chargers and outlets, and i've also tried cleaning the cache and factory reset.

My current rom was android 4.4.4 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2519414) though I don't think the rom is the problem.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar? Is my battery faulty and can I just replace it, or is this probably not it? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

PS: my recovery seemed to have changed it's menu since I experienced my problem: Some options seem to have changed, including that I can not select the "Wipe battery stats" anywhere anymore.
Let me guess is your recovery is TWRP 2.6V?
If it is it is a known bug
I recommend using CWM 5.0.xxV
Tags
battery, charging, clockworkmod, hardware, recovery