AT&T Sense 6 update missing Image Match feature?

Search This thread

BigBlueEdge

Apr 6, 2010
My HTC One (M7) AT&T phone recently received AT&T's software update that updated it to Android 4.4.2 and Sense 6. While looking at the HTC and AT&T overviews for this update I saw reference to the Gallery 'Image Match' feature. Finally a feature that sounds useful. Well, as far as I have determined, AT&T stripped out this feature from the HTC Sense 6 release when they created their update for the M7.

I had extensive tech support communication with HTC and AT&T on this. AT&T initially pointed to their and HTC's documentation stating that the feature was indeed present (i.e. http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8/howto/464947.html - I know that's the M8 but they both said it applied) and that I should engage HTC to see why I couldn't find it on my phone. HTC said it should be there. We did everything short of a full factory reset of the phone and it does not show up. Then they located two of their colleagues' AT&T HTC One M7 phones and compared to an unlocked M7, all with Sense 6 update. The AT&T phones did not have the feature, just like mine. They determined that AT&T must have pulled the feature before building its software update for the phone.

Why would AT&T do that? The feature is not hardware dependent at all. Is it purely to strip out functionality on an 'old' device to hobble it?

Does anyone have an HTC One (M7) from AT&T that DOES have the Image Match feature in the HTC Gallery app??

By the way, one of the undesirable 'features' of the Sense 6 update is the location and style of the lock screen text notifications. They are now at the top of the screen and are transparent to the background. They used to have a darker text box to make the text easier to read. Is there any way to revert this??

Thanks,
Rob

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
It indeed does not include the match program,ill upload later itll work if installed without incident...