Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it possible to redirect a call to one number to a different number?

Tip us?

baudilus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [Q] Is it possible to redirect a call to one number to a different number?

I have a very minor issue, but one that I'd like to solve, if possible. Here's the scenario:

My wife calls me from her work line, and the caller number shows her company's general line - (212) 555-1000. If I go into the dialer and dial it back, I get an operator.

However, she does have a direct extension, (212) 555-1010 - both numbers are under her contact (so I can quickly see that it's her calling). If I miss a call from her, I simply remember to go into the contact and choose the direct number instead of the main number.

What I'd like to know is if there is a way to tell Android when I try to dial "main number" under contact "wife," I really mean "direct number."

I doubt there is a way to do this as it's probably a security issue, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Any ideas?
Devices:
HTC One [Stock ROM]

Moto X [ordered, pending delivery]

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
I have a very minor issue, but one that I'd like to solve, if possible. Here's the scenario:

My wife calls me from her work line, and the caller number shows her company's general line - (212) 555-1000. If I go into the dialer and dial it back, I get an operator.

However, she does have a direct extension, (212) 555-1010 - both numbers are under her contact (so I can quickly see that it's her calling). If I miss a call from her, I simply remember to go into the contact and choose the direct number instead of the main number.

What I'd like to know is if there is a way to tell Android when I try to dial "main number" under contact "wife," I really mean "direct number."

I doubt there is a way to do this as it's probably a security issue, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Any ideas?
You can use Tasker to create a profile for this situation

Install Tasker

set Tasker as a device admin:
Settings --> Security --> Device administrators --> Tasker

then in tasker create a new profile:

(+) --> Event --> Phone --> Missed Call
when prompted to enter a caller # hit the magnifying glass --> A Single Contact --> Choose the contact number for your wife's "main number"
then click on the back key and ---> New task (add a name to the task - optional)

now add an action to the task:
(+) ---> Phone ---> Call
When prompted to enter a Number to call, hit the magnifying glass and choose your wife's "direct number"
don't select the Auto Dial option. Then hit the back key twice till you are in the main menu of tasker.

Now every time your phone get a missed call from that "main number", you'll be prompted to call back the "direct number" when unlocking phone.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Just delete the main number form your contact. Then the only option to dial is the direct number..