Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3300mah Battery Replacement?

Tip us?
 
aumkarpraja
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Default 3300mah Battery Replacement?

I've been noticing these batteries for the M8 wandering around on a couple of websites. Any ideas what's going on here?

http://www.wirelessground.com/htc-on...l-battery.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-...791133032.html
 
Chris_c81
Old
(Last edited by Chris_c81; 19th August 2014 at 11:53 AM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 340
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aumkarpraja View Post
I've been noticing these batteries for the M8 wandering around on a couple of websites. Any ideas what's going on here?

http://www.wirelessground.com/htc-on...l-battery.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-...791133032.html
First is most interesting as it appears to be HTC branded and quotes OEM. The M8 battery as I understood it was only 2600Mah so kind of curious if this is an HTC part for the M8 why it's a larger capacity at 3300Mah?

What gets me thinking more is whether this could explain why some get really good battery life and others can't get anywhere near that. Perhaps different variations have different sized batteries??

Edit: This is the original battery:



B0P6B100. The one from Wireless Ground is B0P3P100:

HTC ONE M8 Internal Battery B0P3P100 35H00211-00M: http://youtu.be/oYTIN6kMUek
 
eric150
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 41
Join Date: Oct 2013
Maybe it's for the new One M8 Max
 
otariq
Old
#4  
otariq's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 1,280
Join Date: Feb 2012
The aliexpress link says it's for HTC m8 one max so I doubt it's meant for our phone

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
 
xda23
Old
#5  
xda23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 1,316
Join Date: Sep 2013
I thought the htc m8 battery was non removeable? Thanks
 
Chris_c81
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 340
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda23 View Post
I thought the htc m8 battery was non removeable? Thanks
Nothing is non-removable. It's just not end user removable (least not easily).

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by otariq View Post
The aliexpress link says it's for HTC m8 one max so I doubt it's meant for our phone

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Yet the first link plus the YouTube video clearly says it's for the M8.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_c81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aumkarpraja
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_c81 View Post
Nothing is non-removable. It's just not end user removable (least not easily).

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------



Yet the first link plus the YouTube video clearly says it's for the M8.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Ignore the second link for now. The first link still lists it as if it were for the M8 which is weird..

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more