Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 38,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BASEUS Ultra-Thin Air Case

Tip us?
 
bjkc
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2013
Thumbs up BASEUS Ultra-Thin Air Case

Hi friends, I would like to inform you about a nice transparent-soft case. I have been using it for 3 weeks and very pleased with this case. It has two colour options; fully transparent and grey transparent.

Advantages;
- It covers all body but does not affects the usage of infrared.
- Since it is soft, does not scratch the phones' edges and body.
- It is very cheap (~$5) but really at good quality.
- It protects its clearity and not yellowing like other transparent soft cases.
- It is very thin, only 0.6mm.
- It fits perfectly.
- It looks very stylish.

Disadavantages;
- Since it is very thin, I don't think that it will protect the phone from drops.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BASEUS HTC M8 Grey.JPG
Views:	4500
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	2734246   Click image for larger version

Name:	BASEUS HTC M8.JPG
Views:	4252
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	2734247  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bjkc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
henderjr
Old
#2  
henderjr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 315
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: LaCrosse, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkc View Post
Hi friends, I would like to inform you about a nice transparent-soft case. I have been using it for 3 weeks and very pleased with this case. It has two colour options; fully transparent and grey transparent.

Advantages;
- It covers all body but does not affects the usage of infrared.
- Since it is soft, does not scratch the phones' edges and body.
- It is very cheap (~$5) but really at good quality.
- It protects its clearity and not yellowing like other transparent soft cases.
- It is very thin, only 0.6mm.
- It fits perfectly.
- It looks very stylish.

Disadavantages;
- Since it is very thin, I don't think that it will protect the phone from drops.
Does the case effect camera photos when using the flash? My clear spigen does and makes flash photos in dark scenes useless with the case.
 
bjkc
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderjr View Post
Does the case effect camera photos when using the flash? My clear spigen does and makes flash photos in dark scenes useless with the case.
No, it does not effect the camera photos that are taken with flash. No extra shining.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjkc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Michael77500
Old
#4  
Michael77500's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 172
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Paris
Hey, where have you ordered it ?
I had ordered one from Aliexpress but not received anymore. :/
HTC One M8 16GB Gunmetal Grey
Powered by Android Revolution HD
 
DruoGaby
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 542
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderjr View Post
Does the case effect camera photos when using the flash? My clear spigen does and makes flash photos in dark scenes useless with the case.
i have no flash issues with my spigen clear case...ill post a pic and you tell me what you think??
 
henderjr
Old
#6  
henderjr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 315
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: LaCrosse, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruoGaby View Post
i have no flash issues with my spigen clear case...ill post a pic and you tell me what you think??
I had some washed out type pics with case on and flash. Just tried to duplicate at work but not dark enough. This is the Spigen I have

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IF5B218/

Even in the reviews there are lots of comments about the issue.

Quote:
I did have the same issue with the flash adding a haze to pictures. I googled this and apparently quite a few cases can have this effect, In this case it is because the case acts like fibre optics and carries the light from the flash and disperses it across the lens. Easily fixed however, take a black permanent marker and draw round the edge of the lens and flash hole and this stops the light transmitting.
I might try the sharpie around the inside of the flash hole on the case to see if that helps. I did order the Baseus case too since it's such a reasonable price.
 
DruoGaby
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 542
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderjr View Post
I had some washed out type pics with case on and flash. Just tried to duplicate at work but not dark enough. This is the Spigen I have

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IF5B218/

Even in the reviews there are lots of comments about the issue.



I might try the sharpie around the inside of the flash hole on the case to see if that helps. I did order the Baseus case too since it's such a reasonable price.
ok i tried it and i did notice the difference...sorry...does this baseus case have super clear?..and lemme know with the sharpie

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

im ordering one of these!!!...the spigen is a bit thick i dont really want a case and the picture thing isss anoyin

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

this case fits the whole phone right??? show us a picture with it in it?..thanks
 
sdotagain
Old
#8  
sdotagain's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 47
Join Date: Oct 2010
I would like to see a pic of the phone in the case as well. Curious on the clarity of it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
peoples_flip
Old
#9  
peoples_flip's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 588
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto
For $5.00 I decided to buy this case... once I receive the case I will post pictures.
I opted for the Transparent White version of this case.
[DEVICE] HTC One M8 - S-Off
[ROM] MaximusHD 3.0.0
[KERNEL] Stock
[RECOVERY] Philz Touch 6.26.6
[NETWORK] Rogers Wireless in the GTA
 
cortez.i
Old
#10  
cortez.i's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 207
Posts: 2,317
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: north texas
i also have the same case, and mine must be one that slipped through QA... it fits rather poorly and the sides are not properly aligned with the phone face/top, e.g., what lip there is does to come to the top. if the fit was better, this would be an ideal case for those desiring a case that adds minimal bulk and provides some level of protection.
d.cortez || HTC One (M8) || SGN 3 || Nexus 7 (LTE)
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm Happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?" --Snoopy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes