eBay replacement battery cover

Search This thread
Can somebody help me find black speaker grills? I can't seem to find any, and I really don't want gunmetal gray ones anymore.
I don't think you'll find pure black ones. HTC don't have a model that uses them. The Harman Kardon black model had champagne coloured speaker grilles. Closest you'll get is grey.

Lobster!

Jun 25, 2013
Healdsburg
I don't think you'll find pure black ones. HTC don't have a model that uses them. The Harman Kardon black model had champagne coloured speaker grilles. Closest you'll get is grey.

So I made a really interesting discovery today.. The m8 eye on display in the local electronic shop has black speaker grilles :D pity we couldn't have an entirely black stock phone.. Here are some comparison pictures, not taken too well, coz I looked like a lunatic standing there with two m8s side by side taking pictures with a third m8 :p
94af38939599392b2d281c6cc1d5abbb.jpg
0e86fbebd82a776b959000b805440977.jpg
039c937b9880a792b0c539be711f259a.jpg
d91a3399bc401bd8615af615fbb73aa1.jpg
13395630d8728a696e114c3245a25ff5.jpg
e00841da073cc2abe5cabbb7b5c8b993.jpg

Last two pictures show absence of the small vertical line on the back body, and the code of the phone.. Tell me what you guys think!

Edit: so after googling a bit, I saw that all the m8 eyes have black speakers, even the silver ones! Also, the silver eye has black plastic inserts unlike the original m8
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Are you sure? What about this one? Cause I looked on Ebay and they do sell black ones but every account is out of stock :/

Are you sure? What about this one? Cause I looked on Ebay and they do sell black ones but every account is out of stock :/
Yes I stand corrected. Did not realise the M8 EYE had black ones. I've not seen them myself.

Edit: some listed on Ali as 'black' but no knowing for sure if they are:

Brand New Top Camera Bottom Cover For HTC One M8 Front Face Housing Speaker Grill Cap Free Shipping
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...t-Face-Housing-Speaker-Grill/32289300388.html
(from AliExpress Android)

Last edited:

fcasini

Mar 23, 2005
Roma
Hi guys,
I wanted to change my scratched battery cover but the service center asked me 260$ to do it!!!
I'm going to place an order to Aliexpress for a new battery cover and I will follow the ifix guide and all the previous posts to change it.
It seems to me that there is no way to get a battery cover with Ncf antenna included..is it right?
thanks to all
ciao
fausto

Hi guys,
I wanted to change my scratched battery cover but the service center asked me 260$ to do it!!!
I'm going to place an order to Aliexpress for a new battery cover and I will follow the ifix guide and all the previous posts to change it.
It seems to me that there is no way to get a battery cover with Ncf antenna included..is it right?
thanks to all
ciao
fausto
Just heat up the existing chip, peel it off and apply new case. Done it twice no problems.

Bucika

Aug 4, 2010
Sydney
@Chris_c81 or anybody else for that meeter..

I am getting m8 in few day's (130€ all working, just the housing is in bad shape), and I've already ordered new back housing from Aliexpres..
Now my phone has creaked camera lens.. dose it come with the housing? Did yours?

I'll be probably ordering front LCD also, is there something that I have to be careful for when I order? Any tips?

And my main concern, is the IR blaster on housing? I mean not IR but the black plastic on the top? If not, any ideas where can I buy it?

Thanks.

@Chris_c81 or anybody else for that meeter..

I am getting m8 in few day's (130€ all working, just the housing is in bad shape), and I've already ordered new back housing from Aliexpres..
Now my phone has creaked camera lens.. dose it come with the housing? Did yours?

I'll be probably ordering front LCD also, is there something that I have to be careful for when I order? Any tips?

And my main concern, is the IR blaster on housing? I mean not IR but the black plastic on the top? If not, any ideas where can I buy it?

Thanks.

Hey mate, to address your points:

- Yes camera lens comes with the rear housing.

- I've no experience replacing the LCD but check iFixIt's Teardown for a guide. I think it's a whole lot trickier then just a simple housing replacement.

- The black part forms same part as rear housing so replace the rear housing you replace the black part also ;)

Good luck! :)

Reactions: Bucika

Bucika

Aug 4, 2010
Sydney
Thanks mate!! :) I've already saw the guide on iFix it! I'll give it a go!
Will report and post pics, when and if it goes my way! :D

Reactions: Chris_c81

ext109

Jul 19, 2010
I made my phone blue couple days back. Went pretty well! Only problem is that I accidentally did damage the black trim around the body, which I thought was part of housing so didn't treat with care. Is there any (easy) way to fix it?

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

I made my phone blue couple days back. Went pretty well! Only problem is that I accidentally did damage the black trim around the body, which I thought was part of housing so didn't treat with care. Is there any (easy) way to fix it?

Unfortunately not. I nicked mine in a few places too but on the whole, minimal damage. It forms part of the main guts of the phone so its not an easy task replacing it.

Reactions: ext109

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010

Yeah, its a separate piece. Seems like the m8 is three pieces deep:

Display
Mid-housing
Rear housing

The mid housing handles that black plastic trim. I got one from aliexpress and didn't end up using it.

If anyone would like it, I have it up on Swappa's boneyard. Comes with gunmetal speaker grills.

Know that it will be a fairly in-depth process to remove those cables under the rear housing to free up removal of the mid housing. Review ifixit's guide thoroughly if you plan on doing this
replacement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ext109

Jul 19, 2010
Something else I've noticed on the blue M8 is that the speaker covers look very plastic-y and glossy, which does not match the rest of the body AT ALL... Does anyone know of there's a more authentic looking one available anywhere?

Sent from the One

bombo_b

Dec 12, 2011
Port-au-prince

You are referring to the midframe/bezel here.its the part of the m8 that the display assembly is glued to. And also all the phone parts are attached to it: battery,tap speaker,Cameras,sim and sd slots.
Not a diy repair unfortunately.

If its dented just gently shave it with a razor blade (i said gently)

Reactions: JakeOcn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dropped my phone the first week I owned it and scratched up the battery cover. I was really annoyed by the scratches so I decided to try a replacement battery cover from eBay. I also bought replacement speaker grills just in case I messed up the old ones.

This is the cover I bought http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201096888026&alt=web

And these are the speaker grills http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151359726117&alt=web

UPDATE: Thanks to @xHighAlert for pointing out that new cover was missing the NFC antenna. The old antenna may be able to be removed with a heat gun and a lot of patience I went ahead and ordered a new one.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-AT-T-HT...NFC-ANTENNA-FLEX-CABLE-ORIGINAL-/161394718926

The new Gunmetal Gray cover was just a hint lighter than the OEM one but not enough to notice unless they were sitting right next to each other. It comes with new camera lenses. Taking the M8 apart wasn't all that hard and ifixit has a good tutorial here http://youtu.be/YP0glVbQfWQ .
    The top speaker grill left some adhesive behind when unpeeled it up so that needed removed before applying the new one. Also after the phone was apart the old camera lens was still attached to the camera so you could probably pop the new one out of the new cover and not worry about that, but I went ahead and removed the old lens and cleaned off the adhesive left behind. On reassembly everything went together perfectly and the whole operation only took about 20 mins including putting away the tools and cleaning up.

Update: Even though I ordered an NFC antenna from eBay I got bored and figured I'd see how hard it is to remove the one from my old battery cover. With a little love from a heat gun(hair dryer would work) the antenna peeled up very easily with absolutely no damage. I then opened my phone back up, installed the antenna, and buttoned it back up with no issues at all. NFC works once again.

The bonus is no more VZW branding!
    HTC One M8 Iron Man Variant!

Well the parts arrived this week and I completed the replacement procedure this evening. All I can say is the results are WAY better then I had hoped or expected! :good:

Check out the thumbnails below. I only hope my ageing camera captured how good it looks in reality - which is stunning! :cool:
    I received my red housing last week
    And here's how my glacial silver looks like after a red transformation :highfive:
    Easy process with basic tools, if you have questions just ask

a0OtOpf.jpg

pud7k7X.jpg

i0Y01Vj.jpg

6d4Bwi6.jpg
    Took a few natural day light shots this morning as the sun was beaming through the conservatory took advantage!
    The black band you see in the old cover, with gold contact pads, is the NFC antenna (Surrounding the camera ring). The older HTC Sensation had a similar setup with the shell for practically all of it's antennas.

Shouldn't you transplant that? Is that even a possibility?

Try using NFC with this replacement cover. Unfortunately, I'd bet you any money you no longer have NFC capabilities. :(

LoL. Good catch! Never even noticed it. It looks like it may be removable with a heat gun and some patience but I went ahead and ordered a new NFC antenna. I can't remember the last time I used NFC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-AT-T-HT...NFC-ANTENNA-FLEX-CABLE-ORIGINAL-/161394718926

I'll update the OP to give anyone that might want to try it a heads up.