No registration required

Mugen Battery case

OP md1008

11th September 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 314

2,199 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCow

And you know why the cheap ones malfunction so much? Because part of what you pay for in the expensive models is the quality control and adherence to specifications during the manufacturing. So yeah, it's possible they are built in the same factories but that doesn't mean they're build to the same standard.

I'm all for saving money where I can, but I wouldn't try to save a few dollars on something as dangerous as a battery, which can and do explode/overheat while in your pocket or hand. But I guess that's up to you and your priorities.

what? that doesn't make sense at all. The batteries are built from a machine, they're NOT hand made, so yes, they are built to the same standard...

its up to you...but i done the test when I have the Samsung galaxy S2 and S3

Mugen vs Anker vs some other brand and from what I see, there is absolutely no difference, if a "sticker" from Mugen justify you paying 1/5 of the price of the phone then go ahead...but its better to educate others so they don't make the same mistake.

P.S all the phone that I used that have removable battery or battery case, I never had one that will "explode" in my hands...
11th September 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 23

164 posts
verdict? worth it or not
ok rather than discussing the quality control differences....can we have some hard factual data on what the charging capability is of this battery pack?

does it charge the phone from 0 to 100% ? how quickly? does it charge the phone 1x or 1.5 x or 2x?
12th September 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 309

1,553 posts
My experience is that this case can charge the phone 100% with minimal to no use. If you are using it moderately you'll get around 60-75% and heavy around 50%.

When I am streaming music and using GPS it will still charge but at a much slower rate. Other cases I have used under those conditions will continue to drain.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread