Is the official accessory supporting QuickCharge 2.0 out yet?

OP Jamal Ahmed

15th July 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #21  
Flag Little Rock, AR
Thanks Meter: 528

1,905 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_c81

*applauds* finally someone else that understands! Was beginning to think I was alone xD

Not sure where GTCC was getting 5w from to be honest, probably confusing watts and volts as the in the box charger is 5v @ 1.5a.

Honestly think that website is just playing a game to sell more chargers by advertising the watts value, something which is not normally advertised over volts and amps.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It is advertised with those third party chargers or playbook chargers. I use http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to charge as fast as the m8 and anything else that charges via USB that needs more than 5v 500ma to charge in a reasonable amount of time. I really hope Anker or one of their competitors make one that does Quick Charge 2.0 on at least 1 or two ports in the near future.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeathmonkeyGTX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #22  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 332

1,737 posts
Donate to Me
More
im suscribing this thread because i want so badly the quick charge 2.0
and what i want more its a power bank with QC 2.0 that would be so awesome
and i remember quick charge 1 was disabled in the one m7 but using a custom kernel you could activate this, so maybe can be "enabled" using a custom kernel?
16th July 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #23  
Flag Little Rock, AR
Thanks Meter: 528

1,905 posts
More
I'd bet it's a part of a firmware package and not a kernel tweak.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th July 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 53

281 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathmonkeyGTX

It is advertised with those third party chargers or playbook chargers. I use http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to charge as fast as the m8 and anything else that charges via USB that needs more than 5v 500ma to charge in a reasonable amount of time. I really hope Anker or one of their competitors make one that does Quick Charge 2.0 on at least 1 or two ports in the near future.

Apologize to you deathmonkey, I was completely wrong. I could blame it on me being dyslexic but I think on this occasion I have to put it down to stupidity on my part.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread