[Review] Zerolemon Ultra Glass Armor 9H | Post All Reviews Here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I have been asked by @ZEROLEMON_OFFICIAL to start a thread for the purpose of posting reviews of their Ultra Glass Armor 9H tempered glass screen protectors for the HTC M8.

***DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THE PURPOSE OF WRITING YOUR OWN REVIEW. ALL REVIEWS OF THIS PRODUCT SHOULD GO IN THIS THREAD ONLY. ALL OTHERS WILL BE REMOVED BY THE MODERATION TEAM***

Last edited:

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
My review is as follows:

I received my tempered glass screen protector in the mail the other day. Everything was neatly packaged and included everything to install the screen protector. The wording of the instructions on how to install the screen protector was a bit confusing, but I've used a screen protector before so I knew how to install one. The only real issue I had was getting the protective film off the sticky side of the screen protector itself. The pull tab-style sticker came right off but the film itself remained, so I had to use a fingernail to pick at the edge of the film and then finally remove it. The screen protector went right on and looks great. I've only noticed a couple of issues, those being the screen protector seems to have a bit more glare than the actual screen of the phone, but I didn't find this to be an issue when viewing the phone in various lighting conditions. Also, it does seem to pick up dust fairly quickly. Overall, for the price you'd pay at an online store like Amazon, I don't think you'll find a better value tempered glass screen protector. Pick one up for yourself and see:good:

Amazon currently has them for $8.99.

Zerolemon Ultra Glass Armor 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector on Amazon

Last edited:

ZEROLEMON_OFFICIAL

Account currently disabled
May 31, 2014
My review is as follows:

I received my tempered glass screen protector in the mail the other day. Everything was neatly packaged. The wording of the instructions on how to install the screen protector was a bit confusing, but I've used a screen protector before so I knew how to install one. The only real issue I had was getting the protective film off the sticky side of the screen protector itself. The pull tab-style sticker came right off but the film itself remained, so I had to use a fingernail to pick at the edge of the film and then finally remove it. The screen protector went right on and looks great. I've only noticed a couple of issues, those being the screen protector seems to have a bit more glare than the actual screen of the phone, but I didn't find this to be an issue when viewing the phone in various lighting conditions. Also, it does seem to pick up dust fairly quickly. Overall, for the price you'd pay at an online store like Amazon, I don't think you'll find a better value tempered glass screen protector. Pick one up for yourself and see:good:

Thanks for your feedback. The pull tab-style sticker should be able to stick on the film so the film will be easy to peel off. Maybe you are just unlucky, sorry. Below is the revised version of instruction which will be applied to the new batch.

1.Please wipe off all fingerprints and oil stains from the screen with the included alcohol swab. Wipe the screen with the included microfiber cloth for drying.

2.Place phone on flat surface with screen facing up. Peel the first plastic adhesive off and align the screen protector edge with the phone's edge.

3.Gently place the screen protector on the screen. The screen protector will automatically adhere to the surface of the screen.

4. If there are bubbles between the screen protector and the phone, please use a flat card to gently push out the bubbles to the edge of the phone.

5. Installation complete.

Oditius

Jun 30, 2007
Chicago
OMG INCREDIBLE!! Of all the shields I have had, this is surely my last from anyone. I am sticking to Zerolemon from now on. My other shields was fingerprint magnets, not this one. Easy to put on, and thinner than any other shield. Here is my 5 Star review from Amazon:

""I got the shield today, it was a snap to install. Thinner than my Chinese shield, and surprisingly almost fingerprint proof. The one thing I hated about my last shield was it attracted all my fingerprints. I always was cleaning it. But this one doesn't seem to even know my fingers even touched it. I can see the prints after heavy use, but so easy to clean, and barely visible, it is remarkable. This has got to be the best shield out there. And I have had one on all my phones. But now, this is probably going to be the only one I will have in the future. It's like touching the glass without any shield. Only con is that it seems to attract dust. But given that it is so invisible to the sight and touch a little POOF and no dust at all, I think it is static, because it is new, and will soon wear off. But if you need a shield, heck, YOU DO NEED A SHIELD!! This is the one to buy...""

This has attracted my attention. It is the best one I have ever had on any of my phones. (Now if you can make those camera lens covers from this material, I would be extremely happy) :laugh:

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
I received mine on Saturday. Beautiful packaging. The instructions where a bit on the small side, but its pretty self explanatory. The application went well enough, but keep in mind that this glass seems to be cut exactly the same size as the glass on the M8. So when you start to apply it make sure it starts exactly where it does on the phone. If you are even a little pulled away from the start of the glass on the opposite side of the glass it wont stick down because it will be slightly on the speaker grill. After getting that straightened out it looks incredible. For the price you cant go wrong.

tomqman

May 5, 2010
Ryde

Anyone who knows how to take care of a phone knows you need a screen protector.

Scratch proof glass just isn't after enough time has passed. But there's a reason manufacturers stick with glass for screens. It's tactile, your finger glides over it with silky precision. It gives the phone a solid and dependable touch to it. A solid reassurance. Most importantly, glass gives the best transmission of light from the underlying pixels so it makes the display look vibrant.

Then you have to slap some cheap plastic on top of it, This was far easy to apply to the phone. The glass and the phone join together like magic, after you have aliened it over the phone the two bond together, the Best part is there isn't a bubble beneath it, which I can't stand in plastic screens.

This is a revolutionary product. I love it. There are only a few cons to having this is an ever so slight increase in thickness in your phone. Plastic screen protectors are negligibly thick but glass has to be a bit thicker to be effective. Personally, I like the added thickness, modern phones are, to me, increasingly flimsy feeling. This gives it a bit more substance (My case still fits without issues as-well). I have also found 2 out of 4 corners are a little sharp and could of been slightly more rounded.

Overall this is one amazing screen protector and I look forward to showing it off on my phone.

How many taken part in this thread actually paid for theirs? Given that ZeroLemon were offering free units in return for reviews. It's hard to determine genuine positives from this thread. Has anyone compared this product to the others such as Nillkin (arguably best tempered screen protector), Mime, Zagg etc.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: just lou

Oditius

Jun 30, 2007
Chicago
How many taken part in this thread actually paid for theirs? Given that ZeroLemon were offering free units in return for reviews. It's hard to determine genuine positives from this thread. Has anyone compared this product to the others such as Nillkin (arguably best tempered screen protector), Mime, Zagg etc.

I have had the Nilkin on my M8, saved the screen when it fell on the floor when I was in the doctors office. But it was thicker, and always showed my fingerprints. This screen (Even though I didn't pay for it) is the best I have had. I have had tempered glass on my screens for a couple years, almost always the cheap ones from China that takes 6+ weeks to get here. This one is local and cost is similar, would I have bought it? I don't normally shop Amazon, so unless it was on eBay I probably would not, unless I seen it on someones device, or at least heard good news about it. I didn't even know that the glass resist fingerprints. Would I but another? Yep... I have already showed it to a friend, and she is going to get her M8 this weekend and order this shield. Because it is a lot better than the one on her M7. So even though you might think that the review is biased because it was free, it isn't. It is a good shield and not bad on the price either.... :good:

Reactions: Chris_c81

ImSoHungry

Mar 30, 2010
New York
I got mine in the mail today.

1. It is awesome. It covers the entire glass portion of the front of the phone. Not just the active LCD area.

2. It is extremely smooth. This makes it feel as if it is not there.

3. It's oleophobic coating is superb. Haven't seen a single finger print.

4. It is extremely clear, I cannot tell it is there.

5. I have it paired with the Otter box symmetry case and feel as if my phone has the ultimate protection.
6. The only draw back was during the installation I kept getting a raised corner. This was because Tue glass is cut to very small tolerances and matches the M8's screen perfectly. I had to slow down and focus on what I was doing.

All in all I am pretty happy with it and will be buying a second one to keep as a backup. I see this protector lasting the life of phone and keeping the resale value in since the screen will be in perfect condition whenever it is peeled off.

ZEROLEMON_OFFICIAL

Account currently disabled
May 31, 2014

I understand your concern. We are sending free samples in exchange for an honest review. We do not send samples to everyone, only legit users. You guys are welcome to compare our screen protector with other brands.

BrandonPrice31

Jan 12, 2012
I have received my tempered glass protector from Zerolemon. Before I start I'll say that it was sent for review on condition that I review it. They told me to make an honest review, and never set any guidelines which leaves me to do and say whatever I'd like. I am in no way obliged to give a good review as they have nothing on me and have not told me otherwise.

The protector arrived in excellent, eco-friendly packaging that was simplistic yet effective in explaining what the product is and how to install it. Right away I could tell that the glass protector was of good quality and not simply a Chinese knock-off. I have used dozens of protectors including Spigen's $40.00 Nano slim, and this is comparable, if not better given the price.

The protector installed without a hassle, and aligned IDENTICALLY with my screen. The cut-out is perfect unlike other protectors, and offers maximum coverage with no exposed areas of the screen.

Included in the package are an anti-bacterial wipe and cloth to make sure you screen is very clean before installation. Once done, you take off the back film from the glass protector and simply let it adhere to the screen of your M8.

Again, this review was is in no way dictated by ZeroLemon, and I could of written anything I wanted. In fact, I already had another tempered glass protector installed so I didn't even need a 'free sample'.

I give this product a 10/10 simply because it's of top quality, and for the price, you cannot beat it.

mikey2487

Mar 9, 2011
I have recently received an ultra glass 9h tempered glass screen protector from zerolemon about a week ago. Upon first glance the packaging is well put together with the screen protector placed securely inside. The packaging comes with the tempered glass protector, a microfiber cloth, and an alcohol wipe to clean the screen off. The directions can be kind of confusing if you have never applied a screen protector or a glass screen protector before as they seem to be worded weird. If you apply to protector properly it looks extremely nice and feels as if there were no protector on it. The one thing I do not like about this glass protector is that it is a little on the thick side. With a case on the phone thou you don’t really notice how thick it is, but I do not use a case so I can feel the thickness of the protector. Without the case I need to be more careful when I put it and pull it out of my pocket to make sure that it doesn’t peel off or catch on the inside of my pocket. I have also noticed that this protector can have a little bit of glare in direct sunlight or light unlike the screen with no protector on it but it’s not that bad. All in all this a fantastic screen protector and for $8.99 you can’t really beat the price for any other screen protector, especially a glass protector. I would recommend this protector to anyone who wants to get a glass protector and give it shot!

NinjaWolf

Dec 28, 2010
California
Real World Use - PASS!!!

Ok, i was normally running naked since i've had my m8 and got a .10 cent chine film screen protector for a while but it fell off on one of my trips to the beach. I contacted zerolemon to inquire upon the free product.

Fast forward a week and i got it 3 days ago. Putting it on was a snap, its very precise with its cuts. My crappy chinese case was very close to not fitting but it did with a little adjusting.

Now yesterday at santa cruz my girlfriend put our phones on trunk lid area while we grabbed our stuff. She grabbed her phone and we started closing the lid and foolishly we slammed the trunk 2 times. i eventually notices my phone and immediately freaked out, but fortunately the only cracks was 3 in diff areas, and my actual screen was unharmed. If it wasn't for this product i would have a cracked phone right now and im still rocking my slightly cracked glass armor until i order a new one soon.

I'm giving this screen 10/10 across everything just for saving my ass. I highly reccomend this screen

Reactions: Oditius

Oditius

Jun 30, 2007
Chicago

Just place cards, not really phony. If you wanted to test it out free, then you need to review it, good or bad. But so we was ask to post a temp review on there till we get the screen and check it out. Once it is checked out, the tester can go back and edit his review to show what he/she feels about it.

just lou

Dec 8, 2010
New York
Just place cards, not really phony. If you wanted to test it out free, then you need to review it, good or bad. But so we was ask to post a temp review on there till we get the screen and check it out. Once it is checked out, the tester can go back and edit his review to show what he/she feels about it.

Unbelievable. A "temp" review? Why not let people review the item after they actually use it, instead of telling people to leave 5 star reviews for an item they don't even have yet?

Reactions: Chris_c81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Closed at OP's request
    My review is as follows:

I received my tempered glass screen protector in the mail the other day. Everything was neatly packaged. The wording of the instructions on how to install the screen protector was a bit confusing, but I've used a screen protector before so I knew how to install one. The only real issue I had was getting the protective film off the sticky side of the screen protector itself. The pull tab-style sticker came right off but the film itself remained, so I had to use a fingernail to pick at the edge of the film and then finally remove it. The screen protector went right on and looks great. I've only noticed a couple of issues, those being the screen protector seems to have a bit more glare than the actual screen of the phone, but I didn't find this to be an issue when viewing the phone in various lighting conditions. Also, it does seem to pick up dust fairly quickly. Overall, for the price you'd pay at an online store like Amazon, I don't think you'll find a better value tempered glass screen protector. Pick one up for yourself and see:good:

Thanks for your feedback. The pull tab-style sticker should be able to stick on the film so the film will be easy to peel off. Maybe you are just unlucky, sorry. Below is the revised version of instruction which will be applied to the new batch.

1.Please wipe off all fingerprints and oil stains from the screen with the included alcohol swab. Wipe the screen with the included microfiber cloth for drying.

2.Place phone on flat surface with screen facing up. Peel the first plastic adhesive off and align the screen protector edge with the phone's edge.

3.Gently place the screen protector on the screen. The screen protector will automatically adhere to the surface of the screen.

4. If there are bubbles between the screen protector and the phone, please use a flat card to gently push out the bubbles to the edge of the phone.

5. Installation complete.

I have had the Nilkin on my M8, saved the screen when it fell on the floor when I was in the doctors office. But it was thicker, and always showed my fingerprints. This screen (Even though I didn't pay for it) is the best I have had. I have had tempered glass on my screens for a couple years, almost always the cheap ones from China that takes 6+ weeks to get here. This one is local and cost is similar, would I have bought it? I don't normally shop Amazon, so unless it was on eBay I probably would not, unless I seen it on someones device, or at least heard good news about it. I didn't even know that the glass resist fingerprints. Would I but another? Yep... I have already showed it to a friend, and she is going to get her M8 this weekend and order this shield. Because it is a lot better than the one on her M7. So even though you might think that the review is biased because it was free, it isn't. It is a good shield and not bad on the price either.... :good:
    Real World Use - PASS!!!

Ok, i was normally running naked since i've had my m8 and got a .10 cent chine film screen protector for a while but it fell off on one of my trips to the beach. I contacted zerolemon to inquire upon the free product.

Fast forward a week and i got it 3 days ago. Putting it on was a snap, its very precise with its cuts. My crappy chinese case was very close to not fitting but it did with a little adjusting.

Now yesterday at santa cruz my girlfriend put our phones on trunk lid area while we grabbed our stuff. She grabbed her phone and we started closing the lid and foolishly we slammed the trunk 2 times. i eventually notices my phone and immediately freaked out, but fortunately the only cracks was 3 in diff areas, and my actual screen was unharmed. If it wasn't for this product i would have a cracked phone right now and im still rocking my slightly cracked glass armor until i order a new one soon.

I'm giving this screen 10/10 across everything just for saving my ass. I highly reccomend this screen